Wednesday, October 03, 2007

WRITE SOMETHING FOR THIS BLOG? SHOOT, I'M GETTING READY TO WATCH SOME BASEBALL!!!

I admit it. I'm sick this morning. I have baseball fever.

A very exciting regular season of baseball has ended and today, baseball's playoff season begins with a tripleheader. At noon (Pacific Time), Colorado plays at Philadelphia. At 3:30, the Angels play the Red Sox at Boston. At 7, the Cubs will play at Arizona. Oddsmakers say the Phils are 140-100 series faves over the Rockies. The Red Sox are 170-100 series faves over the Angels. The Cubs are 125-100 series faves over the Diamondbacks. In a series that begins tomorrow, the Yankees are 200-100 faves over the Indians.

I'm picking the two hottest teams to end up in the World Series. The Yankees and Rockies. The World Series I would like to see? The Angels or Yankees against the Cubs.

A JURY SAYS THAT THE KNICKS AND ISIAH THOMAS ARE GUILTY:

In a trial that featured a whole lot of "street dialogue" testimony, a jury ruled that the The New York Knicks were guilty of condoning a hostile work environment and that coach Isiah Thomas was guilty of sexual harassment. Thomas won't have to pay any money, but his bosses will. 11.6 million dollars to Anucha Browne Sanders, the former team executive who did the suing.

Thomas is maintaining his innocence and he will appeal the verdict. As will his bosses.

What is the NBA saying about this verdict? Nothing!!!

Short Commentary: No doubt about it. Isiah Thomas was a very good basketball player. But off the court, he has been a basketball and business failure. This should be the time that the Knicks say (in essence), "We like your smile and we like your enthusiasm Isiah, but your performance is whacha call lacking. Here's a severance check and please give your keys to the chief of security."

Sudden thought: Hmmm...A guy who used the one successful thing he did to talk people into letting him do things he wasn't qualified to do? Yeah, that's been Isiah Thomas' deal, but does it remind you of anyone else who's in the news a lot? I'll let you try to guess who I'm thinking of , but here's a clue. His first name begins with the letter "G".

A REPUBLICAN WHO MIGHT JUST BE THE GUY REAL REPUBLICANS ARE LOOKING FOR:

While the different candidates to be the next President of the United States continue to "debate" each other in various settings, polls show Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama will probably be our next president. On the Republican side, Mayor Rudy, the so-called "9/11" candidate is the leader in all the Republican polls, but it's a "soft lead". In other words, most folks don't think he can win and if anyone came along who would sound more like a real Republican...Barry Goldwater, maybe. Ronald Reagan? That's why a lot of people were excited to see Fred Thompson finally become a candidate, but so far, he's been a disappointment. How disappointing? Enough for a lot of people to say, "You know what? Maybe his critics were/are right! He DOES appear to be lazy!"

As I've stated in the past, I'm a lifetime Republican. The more I hear what former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has to say, the more impressed I become. I'm not one of these people who wears my religion on my sleeve which causes me to be offended by those who do, which makes me wish that Huckabee would dial down the religion thing some, but everything else he has to say?!? I'm tellin ya, folks! If you would like some sensible changes to be made in the direction our country has been going for the last too many years, I encourage you to check out (I mean seriously check out) what Mike Huckabee stands for and advocates.

Do I agree with everything Huckabee says or stands for? Nope. But I do agree with more of what he has to say and stands for than anyone else who's a declared candidate to be our next President of the United States.

A NEW TELEVISION SHOW THAT'S GETTING SENSATIONAL REVIEWS:

Tonight at 8 on ABC, a new and critically acclaimed series will make it's debut. "Pushing Daisies". Like you, I haven't seen an advanced copy of this show, but apparently it involves (for lack of a better description) death with a heart. And it will supposedly give you a (for lack of a better description) "I feel good all over more than anyplace else" feeling which is (for lack of a better phrase) "as good as it gets". Of course, now that show has some "living up" to do.

I'm not familiar with the lead actor (Lee Pace), but he's surrounded by first rate supporting actors like Chi McBride, Kristin Chenoweth, Swoosie Kurtz and Ellen Greene.

If "Pushing Daisies" ends up being a hit, Wednesday night figures to be pretty much owned by ABC because the two shows that follow "Pushing Daisies" are "Private Practice" and "Dirty Sexy Money".

EDITOR'S NOTE: IF YOU READ THIS BEFORE PICTURES HAVE BEEN ADDED, COME BACK! PICTURES WILL BE UP SOON!

A new blog is written every morning, Monday through Friday and is posted between 7 and 7:15, Pacific Time. Sometimes earlier. Questions and comments can be sent to scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. I do write back.

TOMORROW: Do you like bicycles? I'm gonna tell you about a new one that's bound to knock your socks off and anything else that makes me say, "Whaaaat?!?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home