Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If Masturbation Were To Be Outlawed, I Wouldn't Have Any Sex At ALL!!!

Hi Gang,

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I believe that the people who take the time to read this blog are some of the most curious, informed and brightest people on the planet.

And I say that while knowing (from your emails) that not everyone agrees with my thoughts and or commentaries about things. I have had email and phone conversations with many of you. I look forward to every one of those/these conversations. Why? Because I enjoy the back and forth dialogue and there have been a number of times I changed my mind about something and there have been a number of times I learned something that I simply hadn't thought of. I've been doing a lot of radio stuff recently on CRN. A network you can hear all over the world. www.CRNTalk.com I'll be on the air this Friday afternoon from 4-5 Pacific Time and the other person on the air with me will either be CRN owner, Mike Horn or my long time friend and co-host, Harold Sylvester, a guy who is also a very successful actor, producer, director and writer. I mention Harold because there's a little poetic line I use every show that goes like this; "Scott and Harold, sittin' in a tree, A-R-G-U-I-N-G!" My point? That's how Harold and I learn stuff from each other and sometimes change our minds about things.

Okay...I'm making a little point about how "sharp" all you readers are, the dialogue I've had with many of you, etc., etc.

I gotta believe you know where I'm going with the "headline" I wrote at the top of this blog, right?

CHRISTINE O'DONNELL!!!

For the one or two of you (because you've been real busy) who are saying, "Who?!?", Christine O'Donnell is the Sarah Palin wannabe who, in a huge upset, won the Republican nomination for Senator in Delaware.

There are two things she seems to have in common with former Governor Palin. She's cute and we've seen video of her telling us about an interest in witchcraft. I'm sure you all remember that video of Sarah Palin moving around on stage with a Witch Doctor who (I think) was claiming to remove sins from Sarah's body. Or something like that. Palin was on stage with that Witch Doctor for quite a while and if you haven't seen that video, I can guarantee that you will see it over and over and over again if she decides she wants to be President of the United States.

But back to Christine O'Donnell, the Sarah Palin wannabe and a person who has been endorsed by Palin in that Delaware Senate race.

To suggest that Christine O'Donnell has some interesting ideas, would be an understatement. Her interest in witchcraft seems to have been a high school thing and there's no known evidence of a Witch Doctor having been in her life after she became an adult. But what I'm going to mention now are interesting things that Christine O'Donnell seems to believe in and or is somehow entitled to. That is, unless we haven't heard the "rest of the story", but so far, the reason or reasons we haven't is because she's refusing to talk about these things, publicly.

Here comes the short version and I'll preface this by using a line Fox News likes to use; "We report. You decide."

I like to think of myself as a "gentleman" and with that in mind, yes, a lady always has the option to "change her mind", but to the best of my knowledge, she has not (yet) changed her mind about the following things: Christine O'Donnell has said she's against females being allowed to attend school at West Point. I would assume she might also be against females being allowed to attend school at Annapolis, but I don't think she has ever stated that belief.

Christine O'Donnell seems to think it's okay to use campaign money to pay her bills and all of her other personal expenses, no matter what those expenses are. There are people currently investigating this, but supporters of her say (in essence) this is the mainstream media's fault.

Christine O'Donnell is a zealot when it comes to the issue of "saving herself for marriage". Nothing wrong with that. I don't think it's something we need to know, but there's certainly nothing wrong with the position she takes. Christine O'Donnell isn't married. So one assumes, she's still "saving herself". She's 41 years old. That's a lot of "saving", folks, but again....There's nothing wrong with that.

Christine O'Donnell has also publicly stated that she's against "masturbation". I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she's been "true to her school" regarding her 41-year old "masturbation" belief, but I can't help but wonder if the voters of Delaware make her a United States Senator, would Christine O'Donnell try to pass legislation that would outlaw masturbation? Because Madam (potential) Senator O'Donnell, if you and your very interesting mind get masturbation outlawed, a poor guy like me wouldn't have any sex at ALL!!!

One more thing, Christine....Thanks for going "public". You are the kind of character we can't take our eyes off of and it has nothing to do with your looks.

POVERTY:

Did you check out that story about poverty that came out at the end of last week? In 2009, one out of every seven people who live in this country, live in poverty.

To me, this story is huge! One out of every seven living in poverty? HERE?!?

And no, don't blame this on Obama. Or Bush.

Look, I know there are a lot of people who have been in a hating mood over the last five or six years. Hating Bush for seeming to run our economy into a ditch and hating Obama for seeming to keep it there or to have made it a bigger ditch.

I know that a lot of you don't want to hear what I'm about to say and many of you will refuse to believe what I'm about to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway; What we're going through didn't begin with Bush or Obama. It began at least 30 years ago. With Ronald Reagan. The "trickle down economics" thing was what Bush Senior said it was. Voodoo economics. Way too much money was spent on national defense, the rich got great tax breaks (I know because I was making good money in those days), our country was in great shape, but unknown to any of us, it was about then that we unintentionally let things begin to get out of hand. The greedier the people at the top got, the more our country began to sag. But we didn't begin to feel it until 2005 or so. When all this free money we thought we had from equity in our homes and credit card cash advances. Foreclosures on top of bankruptcies on top of more foreclosures on top of more bankruptcies and here we are. One out of seven of us is living in poverty. Many of us have lost our homes. Many of us are bankrupt. Many of us have been unable to get a job for 2 years, 3 years, 4 years and longer. No one who is legally rich has felt pain at all. The top one or two percent don't even know the rest of us exist.

Everyone who has aligned themselves with the tea party folks are people who might not know the "why's?" of our current financial situation, but they're united in knowing that something has to be changed. Even if that means electing someone who imagines they can see Russia from their back yard.

I mentioned what I believe to be mistakes made during the Reagan years. I think most of us would agree that the two most popular presidents in our lifetime(s) have been Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is responsible for signing off on consolidation. We were sold the notion that consolidation would be better for the consumer and better for the worker. Two parts of my livelihood were affected by Clinton's pen. Radio and television. Consolidation has been an absolute disaster for people in those professions. Except for the people at the absolute top. Sound familiar? Here's something else Clinton signed off on. NAFTA. I was a lone voice in the night while hollering on the ABC station here about what a terrible mistake that was. And history has proven me to be right. Who benefitted from Clinton's stroke of the pen? People at the absolute top.

LOBBYISTS!!!

Yo, tea party people and all other concerned citizens! Put the power of the people on a straight line path to eliminate THIS albatross! Pass a law, put up blockades, whatever. But make your mission to make it ILLEGAL for lobbyists to be within a hundred miles of Washington, any state capitol or any city hall. And if lobbyists would respond by breaking that law? Let it be known that while every day won't be a duck season day, every day will be a lobbyist season day.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are (officially) the two new "American Idol" judges. Randy Jackson will be the only "original" judge.

I have no idea what kind of judge Steven Tyler will be, but I will be very surprised if America doesn't fall in love with Jennifer Lopez while she's on the show.

New films and television shows:

"The Town", a new film that was directed by Ben Affleck, opened last Friday. I loved it. Affleck is also starring in this film and he can pat himself on the back for making that "hire". He made some other great hire's as well. Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner (major badass), Rebecca Hall, Blake Lively in a role that is nothing like her "Gossip Girl" role, Pete Postlethwaite, the always very good Chris Cooper and I could go on and on. Check it out, gang. You'll thank me for the recommendation.

Sunday night, HBO presented the first episode of "Boardwalk Empire". This show is sooo good, it's already been renewed for a second season. I am looking forward to watching every episode.

A new season of "House" began on Monday night on Fox. That show is still solid as a rock. I also checked two new shows. "The Event" on NBC and boy, does this look like a "keeper" and "Hawaii Five-O" on CBS. Very good cast, but I don't know if this show will have "legs".

A new season of "Glee" began Tuesday night on Fox. A new character named Dot-Marie Jones has been added to the cast as the football coach. Yes, a female head football coach of a high school boys team. And she looks like a "fit". The show itself? I loved it!!!

There are two new half-hour shows that follow "Glee" on Fox and I liked 'em both. "Raising Hope" and "Running Wilde". The always great Martha Plimpton, gets terrific support from Garret Dillahunt and Cloris Leachman in "Raising Hope" and Will Arnett and Keri Russell headline "Running Wilde".

The new Wall Street film starring Michael Douglas opens this Friday and I hope to see it before I show up on CRN that afternoon between 4-5 Pacific Time. We have movie reviews during that hour, football picks and some things I've written about in this blog. You can hear us by clicking onto www.CRNTalk.com The Friday show is heard throughout the weekend on CRN.

QUESTIONS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I wouldn't be able to respond to you. I respond to every email I get except for "Anonymous" emails which are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring unforseen circumstances, late Wednesday night, September 29 or early Thursday morning, September 30.

I hope that all of you have a great rest of the week and weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home