Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MUSLIMS!!! Evil or Misunderstood?!?

Hi Gang,

First of all, I expect this might be a pretty short blog because of show business responsibilities tomorrow that will begin early in the morning. A commercial audition for ESPN and a film audition for the role of a boxing trainer. I have finished my work on the USC film, "A Brief History Lesson" and my heartfelt thanks go out to film director and writer, Jeff Chanley and his outstanding cast and crew for "having my back" and making this an incredible and fun experience.

Speaking of fun experiences....Thanks for the kind words from those of you who commented on the CRN radio show I did last Friday with Actor-Director-Producer-Writer, Harold Sylvester and LARadio.com Owner-Publisher, Don Barrett. Mike Horn OWNS CRN I'll be on CRN with him this Friday afternoon from 4-5 Pacific Time. You can listen to us by clicking on www.CRNTalk.com

And NOW...The SERIOUS Stuff!!!

MUSLIMS!!!

It seems like it wasn't that long ago when we never talked about Muslims, but a lot of folks are sure talkin' about 'em now!

I mean people like Newt Gingrich have been talking about Muslims non-stop, lately. And one thing Mr. Gingrich is good at is, talking! Like when he was preaching the "family values" thing while talking about President Clinton non-stop. Remember that? He was all high and mighty over President Clinton doing a little hanky-panky with an intern and Mr. Gingrich kept reminding us that President Clinton was a married man, for crying out loud. Oh, yeah! That was a lot of fun for people who didn't like President Clinton for other reasons and they were happy that Mr. Gingrich was being the "attack dog" that he was. UNTIL...Something came up about Mr. Gingrich being involved with a little hanky-panky his ownself while his wife was sick. Well, Mr. Gingrich ended up divorcing that woman and after marrying another woman, we heard about another hanky-panky incident which resulted in Mr. Gingrich divorcing again and getting hooked up with the understanding woman he's married to now.

No, this has nothing to with Mr. Gingrich talking about Muslims. But it does have to do with Mr. Gingrich talking about anything of substance and his "credibility". And in case you didn't know, please keep something else in mind....It is obvious that Mr. Gingrich is seriously testing the waters to find out if he would be considered a serious contender if he were to decide to try to become our next President of the United States.

No doubt about it. Mr. Gingrich is charming, smart and a lot of other things that could make him a viable candidate, buuuut....Ya gotta wonder if he has too much "leopard" in him, don't you? I mean, can this "leopard" change his spots?

Okay...To me, if you want to bark about or discuss Muslims, I'd like to hear from anyone except Mr. Gingrich.

Holy Books:

This most recent business regarding our feelings about Muslims hit the fan when that small-town Florida preacher said he was going to burn a bunch of Muslim holy books. The preacher contends and a lot of other people contend that the message in these Muslim holy books is an evil message. Muslim supporters say that they are misunderstood.

I have spent a lot of hours the last couple of days doing my own research. I'm not going to pretend that I read all of a Koran and I also didn't read all of the Old or New Testament in what is known as our Bible, a book that used to be in every room of every hotel and motel in America. The Bible is not in all the hotel and motel rooms anymore because we here in America aren't as religious as we used to be, despite protests to the contrary from people who want to keep that myth alive.

Personally, I think most people believe in a God of some kind, but if you ever run into someone who says that she or he doesn't believe there's a God of some kind, check back with that person when that person is in trouble and is hoping like hell that a God exists.

Back to the subject at hand. Holy books.

Did you know there are references to Jesus in the Koran? I didn't. There are a lot of things in the Koran that support "peace", but there are other things in the Koran that lead you to believe they're preaching intolerance.

Buuut...When you look at the Old Testament of the Bible (our holy book), you can see many examples of "intolerance", too. Some in the New Testament as well. But most everything else (of what I read) leans toward peace more than "intolerance".

Again...I don't pretend to have read these holy books from cover to cover. But my conclusion(s) from what I did read is this: Depending on what you want to latch onto, you can choose to go any direction you want to go. Which means good, evil or anything in between. But here's something to think about. If you were taught any religion at all, don't you remember being told (something like) that when we are born, God gives us "free will" to take the steps we choose to take.

Okay, that's what we take from our God.

Muslims? Well, there's certainly enough in the parts of the Koran that I read that could/would influence believers to be peace loving people unless they choose to go in another direction which is also talked about in their holy book as it is in OUR holy book.

Conclusion? Yo Muslims! Here's the deal! As the great boxing champion Mr. Ali once said, "I ain't got no quarrel with no Viet Cong!", and I say, We here in America HAD no quarrel with Muslims in general until this 9/11 business and all the incendiary things that were said by Muslims about Americans!

What I need and I believe that what most of America needs is for the "peace loving Muslims" to stand up, say it loud because you're proud, these words; "We ain't got no quarrel with no Americans!!!" or something like those words.

And Muslims? We here in America need to know that the majority of Muslims really ARE peace loving people because right now we're not so sure about that. Be loud, be proud and TELL US!!!

WHY, you might ask? Because the vast majority of you have been too silent, too long. I mean, how many years ago was 9/11? The vast majority of you have been silent that long! Most of us think that's about long enough.

Thoughts and or comments about what I wrote here? Send your note to scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address.


NEW ELECTIONS!!!

Several weeks ago, long time blog reader, Dave Acocks in Illinois sent me a bumper sticker I told you all about and I want to mention that sticker again.

FIGHT ORGANIZED CRIME: RE-ELECT NO ONE!

A lot of people feel that way. You can tell because of some of the candidates who have gotten early nominations. And that has caused some professional political people to be upset because they're afraid too many "amateurs" have gotten nominated and they're afraid they'll be beaten by a seasoned professional or if the amateur wins, they won't do what they're "supposed to do" when they're sworn in office.

Short Commentary: Isn't that what most of us want from our lawmakers? To NOT show up and do what they're "supposed to do" according to their party leaders and lobbyists? I don't know about you, but those are the kinds of people I want to see get elected.

And while we're at it, does anyone have a good idea on how we can get rid of all the lobbyists? I mean, ALL the lobbyists? How the hell were they ever allowed to have the access they DO have to all of our lawmakers? Can you imagine how much we might be able to reduce the deficit if we got rid of all the lobbyists?

Again: "FIGHT ORGANIZED CRIME: RE-ELECT NO ONE!!!"


ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

A new film opens this Friday that is getting terrific reviews. "The Town", directed by and starring, Ben Affleck and an all-star supporting cast. I plan to see it Friday morning and I'll talk about it when I'm on CRN that afternoon with Mike Horn from 4-5, Pacific Time. If you'd like to check us out, you can hear us by clicking on www.CRNTalk.com

Some television shows are doing their season openers this week. Last night, "Parenthood", a show I love, did it's season opening thing on NBC at 10, Pacific Time. It looks like it'll be another great season for that show because last night's episode was terrific.

Tonight at 10, Pacific Time on NBC ,will be the series premiere of "Outlaw", a show starring Jimmy Smits. The reviews aren't great, but because it's a Jimmy Smits show, I will most definitely check it out.

This coming Sunday night at 10, Pacific Time, "Boardwalk Empire" will have it's season premiere on HBO. The reviews for this prohibition-gangster show are off the charts terrific. Some are predicting this show will be better than "The Sopranos".

Wellll....That prediction is something to try to live up to, isn't it?

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you as quickly as I can. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address and that means I won't be able to respond to you. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring unforseen circumstances, late Wednesday night, September 22 or early Thursday morning (the first day of Autumn), September 23.

I hope that all of you have a great rest of the week and weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home