Sunday, August 28, 2011

A New Blog On A SUNDAY? Yep, a different day for a different kind of blog!

I think most of you readers would agree with my observation that if you take the time to read the kind of stuff that's written HERE, with all the "opinion" aspects, etc., YOU are proudly what I refer to as the deep THINKERS among us. And I don't say this because all of you agree with me all of the time because nothing could be further from the truth. After every blog that's written and posted, I have email and phone dialogue with many who DISAGREE with what I've written and that dialogue is encouraged by me. While you might be small in numbers compared to so much of the "fluff" that's out there, not to mention diatribes written by intelligent radical minds who zero in on our nation's simplest of minds (whew!), to keep it "simple", I'm talking about the whack-job religious radicals who preach the "Us versus Them HATE" doctrine that's very effective. When times are tough, the simple minds among us are willing to respond favorably to any "Carnival Barker" type who preaches the gospel of "Lashing Out" as opposed to "Looking Within"!

Because I've lived (here) in Los Angeles for more than thirty years, I'll give you an example of what I mean; Many years ago, I was a radio and television sports guy here. In a moment of frustration, the very personable manager of the Dodgers, (and eventual Baseball Hall of Fame member) Tommy Lasorda lashed out by yelling, "It ain't MY bleepin' fault! CAMPANIS is the bleepin' guy!" Tommy was referring to Al Campanis who was the then General Manager of the Dodgers. The Dodgers were going through some difficulties at the time and Tommy wanted everyone to know that none of what was happening was his fault.

And he wanted us to believe that.

Sound familiar?

The United States of America and most of the rest of the world, are going through some very tough economic times right now.

If you're older (like I am), it's easy to "give up" trying to find a job because you've convinced yourself that people of our age aren't even being "considered". Soooo, with the help of the "carnival barker hate mongerer's", we begin to believe it's the Black Guy's fault, it's the Mexican's fault, it's the gay people's fault, go to the Bible, get more guns, etc., etc.....Buuuut....We, the older folks who haven't let the thinking part of our brains get hijacked by the "Hate Preachers", suddenly take note of the fact that YOUNG PEOPLE can't get jobs, either.

In other words, we're ALL in the "SAME BOAT", people!

And what do we do when we're in the same boat while we're having some fun with family and or friends in the water? We row in the same direction, TOGETHER!!!

But what are so many of us doing NOW? Thanks in part to hate spewing carnival barker types and phony hate spewing preachers who claim to be representing God when in fact they're representing the Devil, the hands down best country in the world, The United States of America, is rapidly becoming the "Country of NO!". As opposed to the country I grew up in, loved and served in the military for, which used to be the "Country of YES!", which is what MADE us the greatest country in the world.

As we approach the anniversary of "9/11", Labor Day and memories of what Dr. King stood for, I find myself remembering a film. "Network". A film written by Paddy Chayefsky, a guy who has since been proven to be either a psychic, a prophet or both because of things that happened AFTER this great film was released. And who will ever forget the words that were screamed by the fictional character, Howard Beale which resulted in an Oscar being awarded to the actor who played Howard Beale, Peter Finch. And those words were, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

On this, the 28th of August, 2011, I'm mad as hell, too! Will you please join me in the boat that will have us all rowing in the same direction. Which is the direction of, "YES!"

I don't know about you, but I've had it up to HERE with this phony carnival barker, radical religion phony preacher crowd who have their simple minded followers believing "NO" is the way to go.

Do you remember what the late NRA President Mr. Heston said (in essence) about him being willing to die for his right to "bear arms"? I'm a long time NRA member and I agree with what Mr. Heston said.

I also agree with (unlike most Muslim countries) our country's "Separation of Church and State" which I'm also willing to die for.

How about it, gang? Are you with me on wanting us, The United States of America to become the proud country of "YES!" again?

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I wouldn't be able to respond to you. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored, but everyone else is responded to by me.

THE NEXT BLOG? First of all, the next blog will have some entertainment stuff at the end of the blog like it usually does. I will mention one entertainment item that I forgot to mention when I wrote about the new film, "The Help"in the last blog. I forgot to mention the very fine performance of Jessica Chastain in that film. In addition to her good work in that film which could get her Supporting Actor Oscar consideration, Ms. Chastain has six other films she's starring in that haven't been released yet.

Next blog? Hopefully a week from now, but because of the upcoming Labor Day thing, the next blog might not be until a couple of Wednesdays from now.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a great week. YES!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home