Wednesday, June 27, 2007

THE ME, ME, ME AIRHEAD AND THE KING WHO ISN'T!

That should be quite a television experience for and on CNN tonight. They're expected to get terrific ratings on a show that used to be hosted by a "King", but is now hanging on (ratings wise) by an enabler who never met a guest who deserves the "tough question".

It's the perfect match. Paris Hilton and Larry King. Two people who are totally unaware of what is happening around them. Hilton has neighbors who can't stand the attention she has brought to their neighborhood and if the truth be known, she probably doesn't care. And King, apparently clueless to the fact that his softball interviewing style is so out of fashion, that when CNN executives figure out how to do it gracefully, King will be gone.

But it'll be a big night for them tonight! In an editorial today, the Los Angeles Daily News is predicting numbers that will probably rival "American Idol".

I don't know about you, but I'm one of these people who thinks about what I'll have on my tombstone after I die. The possible inscriptions change, but the two that are at the top of my list now, remind me of what we'll see on CNN tonight.

"When all was said and done, what it was, was conversation." OR..."By the time I figured it out, it was too late."

An invitation to remember both of those possible tombstone inscriptions when you watch Paris and Larry on CNN tonight.

AND THEN THERE'S SOMEONE WHO HAS REAL TALENT:

Lindsay Lohan. A 20-year old tabloid attracting party girl. Better looking than Paris. More talented than Paris. And (arguably) in her personal life, every bit as screwed up as Paris. For her twenty first birthday, Lindsay Lohan has been planning a big birthday celebration in Las Vegas. Lohan's birthday is next Monday, July 2nd. That celebration has been cancelled. Lindsay Lohan has decided to take an "extended care" option at the rehabilitation center she's living at. Short Commentary: There's no guarantee this will work for Lindsay, but here's a guarantee you can take to the bank. If you don't try to change, you allow yourself to get closer and closer to becoming a statistic. Many people Lindsay Lohan's age would say, "But it's my 21st birthday! I have to be in Vegas for my party! Instead, what Lindsay Lohan seems to be saying is, "I think I'd like to try being alive for my 22nd birthday party!"

AND THEN THERE'S TOM SIZEMORE:

Tom Sizemore is a 45-year old actor who has appeared in major films like "Saving Private Ryan" and "Black Hawk Down". Sizemore has also appeared on a lot of police booking sheets. For drug abuse. His apparent drug of choice has been what most folks refer to as "meth". I'm told that this is a terribly addictive drug. Sizemore's latest sentence figures to result in jail time of four and a half months or so. After he gets out, he could be looking at six years or so if he's convicted of using drugs again.

Is jail the right way to treat drug abusers? If you're selling drugs to kids, I have no problem with a draconian kind of sentence for those worthless pieces of humanity, but a drug user? Yeah, if you drive while you're high and you have an accident that involves injuries, you're not gonna get any sympathy and you don't deserve any. But if you're unfortunate enough to be grabbed by the throat by meth or anything else that you can't shake, why aren't you ordered to go to a hospital of some kind? Jail for drug users? What idiot thinks that is a good idea. And why am I suddenly thinking about people in the White House?

THE NEW BRUCE WILLIS FILM:

Bruce Willis' new "Die Hard" film opens today in some theatres. Friday, it will open in a lot of theatres. If you see it today, I'd love to know what you thought about it. scottstjames@sbcglobal.net I might see it Friday, but tonight, I'm gonna watch Paris and Larry on CNN and two new episodes of "Hidden Palms" on CW.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Don't forget! You can HEAR this blog! The links to the three stations broadcasting today's blog can be found at the bottom of my links section which is to the right of what you're reading now. It's the last three links.

If you read this before pictures have been added, come back! Pictures will be up soon. A new blog is written every morning, Monday through Friday and is posted between 7 and 7:15, Pacific Time. Sometimes earlier. Questions and comments can be sent to scottstjames@sbcglobal.net I do write back.

TOMORROW: I'll do something I planned to do today. Talk about the health insurance problem that has resulted in a frightening number of Americans who don't have health insurance. Also...The latest on the illegal immigration bill and my thoughts about the Paris and Larry show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home