Friday, July 20, 2007

HANK WON'T COME TO SEE BARRY, SO BARRY IS GOING TO WHERE HANK IS REMEMBERED! TWICE!

Home run king Hank Aaron says he won't show up where Barry Bonds might tie and or break Aaron's home run record. Fair enough, but look at what the schedule makers have done.

Yesterday, in Chicago, Barry Bonds whacked two homers while driving in six runs. Bonds now has 753 home runs. Aaron's record is 755. Hank Aaron began and ended his career in Milwaukee. Hank Aaron performed many of his heroics while playing in Atlanta where Aaron is an executive for the Braves.

In what can only be described as irony with a capital "I", Barry Bonds' next three games will be in Milwaukee. Tonight through Sunday. After those games, Bonds and the Giants will play four games against Atlanta, beginning Monday!

Let the games begin!

EMMY NOMINATIONS:

Yesterday, the Emmy nominations were announced. The Sopranos got a bunch of nominations as did two made-for-TV westerns, which from a personal note is encouraging, because I'm trying to produce a made-for-TV western, but that's another story.

I'm not going to mention all the nominees. Just the actors or shows I would like to see win.

Drama Series: My choice wasn't nominated, so I would nominate and then choose, "Brothers & Sisters".

Comedy Series: "Entourage".

Actor, Drama Series: James Spader, "Boston Legal".

Actress, Drama Series: Sally Field, "Brothers & Sisters".

Actor, Comedy Series: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock".

Actress, Comedy Series: Mary Louise Parker, "Weeds".

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal".

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Rachel Griffiths, "Brothers & Sisters".

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Jeremy Piven, "Entourage".

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Vanessa Williams, "Ugly Betty".

Those are my choices! I'd love to hear your choices! Send 'em to me! scottstjames@sbcglobal.net.

Short blog today because I have to run out the door to an early morning acting assignment.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Don't forget! You can HEAR this blog! The links to the three stations broadcasting today's blog can be found at the bottom of my links section which is to the right of what you're reading now. It's the last three links.

A new blog is written every morning, Monday through Friday and is posted between 7 and 7:15, Pacific Time. Sometimes earlier. Questions and comments can be sent to scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. I do write back.

MONDAY: I'll tell you about a couple of films I recently saw on the premium channels. If Barry Bonds has tied or broken the home run record, we'll talk about that. Annnd...anything else that makes me say, "Whaaat?"

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home