Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"THE WORLD IS RULED BY A KIND OF IMPISH PRIVILEGED MONKEY!!!"

The headline (above) is the hands down (partial) quote of the day and a glaring reminder as to what we've allowed ourselves to have been subjected to for more than the last seven years.

President "a kind of impish privileged monkey" Bush has been the guy who has presided over our current housing mess, millions of American citizens going broke because of credit card fraud and excess, 50+ millions of American citizens who don't have health insurance, all Americans being obligated to repay (with our taxes) the massive amount of money we owe to China, money needed to help finance this off the charts STUPID war that had no plan at the beginning, no end game, no end in sight and not one good reason for ever having BEGUN!!!

A war we got into and are still involved in because of outright lies, lies that have accomplished nothing except the deaths and ruination of lives of many of our youngest and brightest because of injuries that none of us can relate to. But a war that has made friends of the Bush administration rich! Friends of the Bush administration have also gotten rich (or is that richer) on the backs of American citizens who have been victimized by health insurance bosses, bank bosses and all business bosses who are allowed by the Bush administration to hire illegal immigrants at will, illegal immigrants who drink at the public trough, are responsible for overcrowding, often have the manners of savages, resist the English language like it's some kind of disease, send much of the money they earn here (llegally) to foreign countries and are the first to cry to the Los Angeles or New York Times about discrimination when American legal citizens have the audacity to say something like, "What the hell is going on here?!?"

Whew! I feel SO much better!!!

Oh...That partial quote of the day I referred to at the beginning of this blog? It was said by Oscar winning actress Julie Christie after she won the SAG Awards "ACTOR Award" for best female performance in the film, "Away From Her", Sunday night.

It's the first major award Christie has won in many years and she was responding to a question about that when she said, "It's been such an incredible time span. But who could have dreamt that we'd get to the point that the world is ruled by a kind of impish privileged monkey?"

Short Commentary: Amen, Sister!!!

I bring all this up because we'll soon be voting for one of two people to replace President "a kind of impish privileged monkey" Bush.

We all have run across, worked for or worked with people who are hard to replace, but that won't be case this time.

Or will it?

Yes, I know that Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul are still dreaming the good dream or trying to cause trouble for one of the main candidates, but for all intents and purposes, we are now down to four candidates. McCain and Romney on the Republican side and Clinton and Obama on the Democratic side.

One of those four will be better than President "a kind of impish privileged monkey" Bush?!?

Senator Joe Biden would have been better. Senator John Edwards would have been better. Shoot, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich might have been better, but he didn't run.

McCain? I told you why I wouldn't vote for him in my last blog!

Romney? C'mon! Does anyone know what he really stands for?

Clinton? Yeah, I like the first woman in history thing, but other than that? Do people believe she's entitled to this because of all the public and humiliating embarrassment she endured because of her husband? She's definitely entitled to something because of that, but is it the presidency?

Obama? The guy who has no experience? The guy who's gotten the endorsement of JFK's daughter and JFK's brother?

The guy who wants to be America's first black President?

No matter what American voters will tell a pollster publicly, when he or she is in the "booth", is he or she willing to really vote for a black man to be America's President?

Before I tell you where I stand on this, you need to be reminded that others might still decide to declare themselves to be a presidential candidate. Some say that Michael Bloomberg might do that. Maybe someone else. Condi? Highly unlikely, but one never knows.

Buuuut....Assuming that these four are it?!?....

Is someone who doesn't have a lot of "experience" compared to the other three who do have "experience" a bad deal in the big picture of things?

I mean, just exactly what has "experience" gotten us as a country these last too many years?

If you need a refresher course, read (again) my second and third paragraphs of this blog.

Many months ago, I wrote a blog that predicted the final two candidates would be Barack Obama and Fred Thompson. Thompson didn't have the fire in his belly that's necessary to see something like this through. Obama does.

I reserve the right to change my mind, but right now, unless something is revealed that we weren't aware of, I think America would be proud to have Barack Obama to be our next President of the United States.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF!!!

If you saw the SAG Awards this past Sunday night, you saw the Best (male) Actor award go to Daniel Day-Lewis for his performance in "There Will Be Blood". No argument here. I thought he was terrific in that film. I also loved the tribute he gave to Heath Ledger during his acceptance remarks.

The Best Film Award went to "No Country for Old Men". I saw that film yesterday. I hated the ending (same as most folks), but I thought the film was terrific. I mean, you cared about the characters in this film. Javier Bardem got the Best Supporting Actor award Sunday night and he's also an Oscar nominee. Bardem was terrific, but so was Josh Brolin. In a smaller role, Woody Harrelson delivered big time and in his usual understated way, Tommy Lee Jones was gooder than good. Right now, my choice for Best Film Oscar would be "No Country for Old Men". I plan to see another Oscar nominated film, "Michael Clayton" later this afternoon.

I saw two other films yesterday that won't be Oscar nominated films next year, but I enjoyed them.

I thought the new "Rambo" film was a lot of fun to watch. Especially when the big battle scenes near the end of the film took place. And no, Sly Stallone didn't look like he was too old for this role. In fact, he looked right at home and as "bad" (in a good way) as ever.

I also saw the new Diane Lane film, "Untraceable". Full disclosure. I've never met her, but (from a distance) I've had a crush on Diane Lane forever. She's in a film, I'm at the theater. If for some reason, I can't get to a theater, I rent the film on DVD.

The reviews for "Untraceable" have been mixed, so I was ready for anything. She plays an FBI agent who's trying to track down an internet genius sicko in a role that looks like a role Jodie Foster might play. Well, both Lane and Foster were child stars and this former child star delivers. Lane is long past being a child, but she's one of these people who you have to wonder if she'll somehow escape the aging thing, looks wise. Lane's looks do not get in the way of believing she's very capable of doing this FBI job and in fact, her looks (because of the way she's dressed, etc.) aren't an issue at all, but when you've got the genes she was blessed with....

Well, if you're Josh Brolin, you wake up every morning and say, "How DID I get so lucky?!?"

"Untraceable" is not a great film, but it's a terrific popcorn film that'll keep your attention from beginning to end. If you want to see a fun "cat and mouse" kind of film, I highly recommend "Untraceable".

THE NEXT BLOG???

I'm still involved with time consuming projects, I think the next one will address the problem of "Whatever happened to manners?", but when I do write the next one, you can always be assured that at least one of the subjects will have to do with something that makes me say, "Whaaaat?!?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home