Monday, November 26, 2007

WE'RE SIMPLY ASKING FOR TROUBLE IF WE ELECT A BUSH CLONE, A CLINTON, A CLINTON CLONE AND UNLESS HE'S DUMBER THAN A ROCK, RUSH CONTINUES TO LIE!!!

First of all, I hope that all of you had a very nice Thanksgiving.

I'm still up to my eyeballs in stuff that I hope will lead to substantive stuff of some kind, so until this stuff ends one way or the other, my blog writing will continue to be sporadic.

OUR ECONOMY IS SCARY AND GETTING SCARIER!!!

This is one of the things that Rush Limbaugh continues to either lie about or is telling what he thinks is the truth because all that Kool Aid he drinks has made him dumber than a rock.

Orrrrr...And I think this is the real reason... He's serving his masters well by taking the position he takes so that advertisers won't hear negative truth from radio's biggest cash cow.

The lousy economy is not just the fault of this administration. Yes, way too much money has been spent and continues to be spent on a war that no one in authority has given a good answer to the "For What?!?" question, now that the lies regarding "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and "9/11" have been exposed for the lies they are and always have been.

President Clinton is also responsible for the lousy economy we now have.

I can read your lips. "President Clinton?!? He's been gone for almost eight years!!!"

Uh, huh. But that NAFTA thing the Clinton administration signed off on was economically bad for us then, but it took a while for the effects of that lousy decision to grab us by the throat which is what is happening now!

Conclusion? In the next election, we're asking for even more trouble if we elect a Bush clone, a Clinton or a Clinton clone.

HE'S FAT, SHE'S FAT AND I'M FAT!!!!

I'm one of these guys who's always taken pretty good care of myself when it comes to physical appearance. My weight, if ever an issue, was an issue easily corrected.

Until now!!!

I had the feeling I was "letting myself go" recently. Ripped underpants was a big clue. Especially when all of them suddenly got ripped.

For a very long time, I've been a 195-205 pounds kind of guy. Sometimes it would (briefly) be in the high 180's or maybe close to 210, but 195-205 was the norm which is another way of saying 200.

Last Wednesday, I decided to get on the scale for the first time in a long time. It's an expensive scale. The kind you have to move something to the right for up and to the left for down until it gets into the "balance" position.

I had to move this sucker to the right. A lot! Until it reached....

235!!!!

YIKES!!!!

Why do we do this to ourselves, people!!! There's a little bit of a silver lining in my cloud in this case because a film role I'm about to read for requires someone carrying this much weight if not more, but I don't want to carry this forever!!!

Look, we all see the same things when we're in a place that has a lot of people. Like a supermarket. And many of us think the same things when we see these people, don't we?

"He's fat...She's fat..."

And now...I'm fat?!?

Here's a New Year's resolution for all of us! Lose that tonnage! It's not good for our health, it makes us to not want to look in the mirror, we have to buy new clothes for the wrong reason...

You and me together!!!

You know the old term, "Use it or lose it?"

Here's our New Year's resolution: "Let's lose it so we CAN use it!"


A NEW TELEVISION SHOW!!!

I don't know if you've seen it yet, but I really like this new ABC show starring Angie Harmon every Friday night. "Women's Murder Club". In addition to Angie Harmon, the other three "Murder Club" women are terrific as are the two male cops and female D.A. that we see on a regular basis. A lot of these people's personal lives are showcased along with their abilities to catch the bad guys and I find myself looking forward to Friday nights on ABC.

A NEW FILM!!!

If you haven't seen "American Gangster" yet, what are you waiting for?

I saw it last week. Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe are every bit as good as you would figure a couple of Oscar winning actors should be. Josh Brolin turns in a very good performance as a corrupt cop.

"American Gangster" is a film that (I think) is more than two and a half hours in length. But here's how you know you're watching cinematic excellence. When you're not distracted for one second while you're watching a film. And you have no idea what time it is or how long you've been sitting there until you look at your watch after the film has ended.

"American Gangster" is first rate film making and I haven't felt this way about a film since I saw "Silence of the Lambs" which is the best film I've ever seen.


A HIGHLY PRAISED FILM THAT IS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD!!!

I watched a lot of stuff I have on tape this past Saturday and Sunday. One of the films I saw was, "The Devil Wears Prada".

Wow!!!

Meryl Streep was nominated for an Oscar, but Anne Hathaway wasn't?!?

No argument about the Streep nomination. But Anne Hathaway, in her first major starring role, delivered. Big time!

I also liked the performances turned in by Stanley Tucci, Emily Blunt, Adrian Grenier and Simon Baker.

This is one of those, "you laugh, you cry, you almost die" kind of films. Fun, fun, fun!

If you haven't seen "The Devil Wears Prada", make it a point to rent it. When the film has ended, you might be tempted to thank me.


THE NEXT BLOG???


I don't know because of what I wrote in the second paragraph. But you will always know this; When I do write the next one, at least one of the subjects will be about something that makes me say, "Whaaaat?!?"



1 Comments:

Blogger RICKA said...

ronald reagan supported naft TOO!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home