Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"HOLY COW, WE CAN'T GET bin LADEN, BUT WE GOT SPITZER!!!"

And give David Letterman the rim shot he deserves!

This Eliot Spitzer business has turned into a can't resist comedy feast for Letterman and all the comedians.

But on a serious note, the bin Laden inclusion in Letterman's line is instructive. If you're responsible for the killing of thousands of our citizens and the destruction of a lot of our property, crimes that Osama bin Laden is responsible for, the current occupants of this most dysfunctional White House have talked the talk about bringing bin Laden to justice, but they haven't walked the walk.

Buuuut...If you're a major campaign contributor and your life as a client is disrupted because some high end prostitution rings were busted or shady Wall Street activity was forced to cease and heavy fines were forced to be paid, our dysfunctional friends in the White House are "at your service".

You can easily imagine a likely conversation. "Who the hell is this New York Attorney General
Spitzer?!?" So what if some of our "friends" need some private recreation time or are involved in stuff on Wall Street that is good for the economy! Send some people from Justice to do some checking up on this sanctimonious son of a bitch. If there's nothing there, keep looking until we tell you to stop looking! But if you find something, keep it quieter than quiet and make sure that every step taken is a step that will pass all legal muster because we want to bring him to his knees!!!"

Yes, that's what I think happened to former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, a man who resigned today, a resignation that will officially take place Monday, March 17.

I'm not defending Spitzer (more on that in a second), but I'm making the point about what our government CAN do about "bad guys" if they really WANT to do something about bad guys. And make no mistake about interpretation here. Former Governor Eliot Spitzer is a bad guy. Not because he bought the services of hookers. I don't care about that! What I do care about is the "holier than thou" position he took about the buying of those services before we found out that he's one of the biggest purchasers of all! Governor, if you're gonna talk the talk and walk the walk, I might not agree with you, but I'll repect the hell out of you. You didn't walk the walk, Governor, and now, like so many you previously prosecuted, you are learning a new walk. It's called, "The Perp Walk".

SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT PROFESSIONAL ENABLERS!!!

Have you been listening to the bought and paid for gasbags like Limbaugh and Hannity doing their pig squealing bleats of outrage over this Spitzer business? Look, I have a lot of respect for Rush Limbaugh. He's a guy who was living a life of mediocrity until he discovered how far a good carnival act directed at the gullible could take him. His response to race baiting? "I'm joking!" His response to his "all drug abusers should be in jail" rants? "Oops!"

I could go on and on, but most people with half a brain know he shouldn't be taken seriously. Those who do take him seriously get filed under the category of, "They live among us!" and we smile.

On the other hand, Sean Hannity is a real puzzle to me. He plays the "morality" card as strong if not stronger than Spitzer ever did, but one of Hannity's idols is guy most of us know as "Mayor Rudy". If "Mayor Rudy" is your idol and you (Sean Hannity) are a moral zealot, I can't help but think you (Hannity) give new meaning to the word, "naive".

And both guys (Limbaugh and Hannity) play the "patriotism" card. Man, do they play it. And their actual military experience is? Okay. If you think that's an unfair question or is irrelevant, let me ask a different question. When is the last time you heard Limbaugh OR Hannity ask why (after all these years) we haven't made progress in the apprehension or killing of Osama bin Laden?

Is it because their masters haven't given them permission to ask THE question about our so-called war on terror? Of course there's the "What's the REAL reason we're in Iraq?" question, a question they don't ask because they fill the airwaves with the mind numbing drivel their masters have fed to them.

My overall point here? Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are (really) no different than the hookers former Governor Spitzer hired. Former Governor Spitzer gave his hookers money and told them what he wanted. How and why Limbaugh and Hannity do what they do, is no different. As Don King likes to say, "Only in America!"

THE BUDGET BUSTING GAS PRICES AND TWO SOLUTIONS DESIGNED TO HELP FIX OUR ECONOMY!!!

How about those gas prices? There doesn't appear to be a ceiling, does there? Same deal with food prices. And isn't it nice that some "experts" are finally saying we might be in a recession? Yo, if we're not careful, we're gonna be in a DEpression!!!

Some of you reading for the first time might think I'm some kind of pointy-headed bleeding heart liberal, but I'm not. I'm very conservative to the point of (perhaps) being more of a Libertarian. These so-called conservative people in the Bush administration spend money like we used to say that "drunken sailors did on shore leave". Of course that's an expression that most people in the Bush administration would be unfamiliar with because of their lack of military experience, but that's another story.

I believe in a strong defense and I think our military should be used in places to get Osama bin Laden because he ordered an attack on us. I don't believe in spending our money like it's Monopoly money. I do believe that things should be regulated, because deregulation always leads to benefits for the "few of us" as opposed to the "most of us".

I am sick and tired of hearing about how we've got to be less dependent on foreign oil and us not DOING anything about it.

I'm also sick and tired of hearing about how we plan to "bail out" certain businesses regarding this foreclosure mess involving countless numbers of homes.

It is long past time to STAND UP to the people who have ALL the ANSWERS but NONE of the SOLUTIONS and to begin drilling for oil HERE, in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

Environmental problems? Yo, we're faced with survival problems!!!

THE SOLUTION FOR THE HOME FORECLOSURES MESS???

Allow me to make this very simple. A lot of people got suckered into buying homes with no (or very little) money down and adjustable interest rates that buyers either ignored or never understood.

Banks and other lending instutions told the home buyers that the deal they (the buyers) were getting was a GREAT DEAL!

As we now know, for many buyers, it wasn't a great deal. At least for them, the buyers.

There's been a lot of talk about giving "relief" to lending institutions and buyers now, but the majority of any relief would benefit the lenders more than the buyers.

Here's MY solution! THE BANKS AND LENDING INSTITUTIONS SHOULD BE TOLD THAT BECAUSE THEY MADE THESE LOANS ON THE BASIS OF THESE LOANS
BEING GREAT DEALS FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS, THE BANKS AND LENDING INSTITUTIONS SHOULD SIMPLY TAKE THE HOMES BACK AND DISPOSE OF THEM ANYWAY THEY WANT TO! NO GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND! I MEAN, THEY WERE GREAT DEALS, RIGHT? WHY SHOULD WE, THE TAXPAYERS PAY A SINGLE DIME TO HELP OUT BANKS?!?

WHEW!!! I feel so much better!

THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net
I respond to everyone.

THE PHENOMENON KNOWN AS AMERICAN IDOL!!!

Last night, American Idol's "Final 12" performed. We're being told that this group of American Idol contestants is the best group of 12 in the history of American Idol. Tonight, one of the 12 will be told they have to go home.

The songs sung were all songs that the Beatles made famous. What you're about to read are short notes I wrote about all of last night's singers, the songs they sang and who I think will probably be eliminated tonight. I'll also tell you who I think the singers are who have the best chance of WINNING this competition.

1: Syesha was first and she sang, "Got To Get You Into My Life". One word describes Syesha's performance. HORRIBLE!

2: Chikezie sang, "She's A Woman". Chikezie chose a different way to sing this song, but by the time he finished, everyone agreed that "it worked", including me.

3: Ramiele sang, "In My Life". So-so, bland, etc.

4: Jason sang, "If I Fell". Jason played the guitar, took some risks and I didn't like it.

5: Carly sang, "Come Together". This young woman can REALLY sing and I thought her performance was terrific!

6: David sang, "Elenore Rigby". What he did (singing wise) at the beginning was awful. I thought he had a strong ending, but overall, I don't see a long future for him.

7: Brooke sang, "Let It Be". The judges liked it, but I thought it was so-so.

8: David sang, "I Saw Her Standing There". Terrible. A main candidate to be eliminated.

9: Amanda sang, "You Can't Do That". This woman is a good singer, but you'd never know it off what she did with THIS song. I root for people who take risks, but the risk she took, was the WRONG risk.

10: Michael sang, "Across The Universe". I thought it was okay.

11: Kristy sang "Eight Days A Week". If this were a beauty competition, Kristy would win, but in order to be our next American Idol, she's going to have to sing a lot better than she sang last night.

12: David sang, "We Can Work It Out". I've been reading a lot of predictions declaring that this guy is a major candidate to be the NEXT American Idol. Maybe so, but NOT so based on what I heard last night. And I'm not saying this because he forgot some lyrics at the beginning.
David was simply bad and came across to me as being overrated.

To me, the main candidates in danger of being eliminated tonight are Syesha, Jason, #8 David,
Kristy and #12 David. I think that Syesha and #8 David will be in the final two for elimination and quite frankly, both should be asked to leave. The grim reaper choice here is Syesha.

I might change my mind as we get deeper into the competition, but right now, my final three to win would be Chikezie, Carly and Amanda, with Carly having the overall winning edge.

THE NEXT BLOG?

Soon! And you know that at least one of the subjects will be about something that makes me say, "Whaaaat?!?

THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net
I write back to everyone.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home