Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Am I The ONLY One Who Is SICK Of "Octomom"?!?

"Octomom"! Nadya Suleman! The idiot who had no husband, no job and 6 young kids when she decided to have 8 more kids!

And now she's a national celebrity?!?

And people are saying because of some "work" she had done, she looks like ANGELINA JOLIE?!?

Puh-leeze!!!

There is no way I could EVER be drunk enough to walk into a bar, see her and want to pick her up because I thought she looked like Angelina Jolie.

Nadya Suleman is a bow-wow freak show who should probably be in a hospital getting therapy, but instead, when television stations here in Los Angeles (because this is where this freak show lives) get the word that freak show Suleman is passing gas somewhere, ten television trucks show up to measure what she has done to the air and what she ate to cause the gas eruption.

Okay...I made that up. That hasn't happened. YET! But what has happened is ridiculous! I mean, the country is going broke, people are losing their jobs, their homes, we're involved in two stupid wars that are costing a ton of money, we got a city (here) full of illegal immigrants and television stations are spending all their time covering THIS bozo?!? Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi!!!

A NEW AND FRIGHTENING HEALTH CARE REPORT...

Have you ever heard of an organization called, "Business Roundtable"? You'll be reading about this organization in all the newspapers tomorrow, Thursday, March 12. CEOs of major U.S companies are "Business Roundtable" and in a new report they tell us that we Americans spend at least two and a half times more per person on health care than any other advanced country. Five of our biggest economic competitors are Canada, France, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom. They are all ahead of us when it comes to health care. Way ahead of us when you realize that they cover all their citizens, they spend less on health care than we do and their workers are healthier than our workers. Again...This is a new report from "Business Roundtable", an organization consisting of American CEOs. You'd think that some of 'em figure to be Republicans, right? Rich Republicans. The kind of people El Rushbo Limbaugh and Sean "Little Lord Fauntleroy" Hannity are always speaking on behalf of, right?

Or are they?

HAVE YOU READ THE COVER STORY IN THE NEW MARCH 16 ISSUE OF NEWSWEEK?!?

The headline of the story is, "Why Rush Is Wrong For The Right".

This story was written by David Frum, a man whose conservative bona fides are impeccable and beyond reproach. But he's being attacked by bought and paid for attack dogs like Mark Levin, Little Lord and El Rushbo even though they know better.

A lot of polling has been done on Limbaugh recently because of his "I hope Obama fails" line that has gotten a lot of publicity. More on that in a minute, but back to the polling issue. 46% of those polled recently gave Limbaugh an "unfavorable" rating. President Obama's "unfavorable" rating is 22%. Nancy Pelosi's "unfavorable" rating isn't as good as President Obama's rating is, but even her "unfavorable" rating is better than Limbaugh's.

David Frum is very concerned about Rush Limbaugh being perceived as a "leader" of the Republican Party. He thinks (and so do I) that focusing on Reagan is sooo "yesterday", because the problems then were totally different than the problems now!

Again...All this recent publicity that Limbaugh has gotten is the direct result of Rush saying, "I hope he fails.", when he was talking about (then) President-elect Obama. What you will read next are three paragraphs that David Frum wrote in this new Newsweek cover story about the history of the "I hope he fails" statement.

All of this began even before Obama took office. In his broadcast on January 16, Limbaugh told listeners he had been asked by a major publication for a 400-word statement about his hopes for the new administration: "I'm thinking of replying to the guy, 'Okay, I'll send you a response, but I don't need 400 words. I need four: I hope he fails.' See, here's the point: everybody thinks it's outrageous to say, look even my staff: 'Oh, you can't do that.' Why not? Why is it any different, what's new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what's gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here...I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: 'Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.' Somebody's gotta say it!"

Frum then writes: Notice that Limbaugh did not say: "I hope the administration's liberal plans fail." Or (better): "I know the administration's liberal plans will fail." Or (best): "I fear that this administration's liberal plans will fail, as liberal plans usually do." If it had been phrased that way, nobody could have used Limbaugh's words to misrepresent conservatives as clueless, indifferent or gleeful in the face of the most painful economic crisis in a generation. But then, if it had been phrased that way, nobody would have quoted his words at all---and as Limbaugh himself said, being "headlined" was the point of the exercise. If it had been phrased that way, Limbaugh's face would not now be adorning the covers of magazines. He phrased his hope in a way that drew maximum attention to himself, offered maximum benefit to the administration and did maximum harm to the party he claims to support.

Right after the words you just read, Frum writes about Limbaugh's appearance on Sean Hannity's television show five days later when Limbaugh (in essence) played the "race card".

I'm going to give you part of Frum's next to last paragraph in his Newsweek story about Limbaugh and then I encourage you buy or borrow a copy of the new Newsweek and read the whole story.

In his next to last paragraph, Frum writes about emails he has gotten from people who are defending Rush and here are Frum's words:

"Most of these e-mails say some version of the same thing: if you don't agree with Rush, quit calling yourself a conservative and get out of the Republican Party. There's the perfect culmination of the outlook Rush Limbaugh has taught his fans and followers: we want to transform the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan into a party of unanimous dittoheads--and we don't care how much the party has to shrink to do it. That's not the language of politics. It's the language of a cult."

Heck of a commentary, gang. I heartily recommend that you get the new Newsweek and read the whole commentary!

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Goodbye Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez. They were eliminated from American Idol tonight. They have made some changes on A.I. this year and I think the changes (so far) have all been good. One thing they didn't change is something that makes ME (as a viewer) cringe! And that's the "torture" element they use. I've written about this before, but when Jasmine (she was the first one eliminated) was told she was "toast", she was then told she had to sing.

I know. They've always done it this way. But I think it's absolute TORTURE! Your dreams have been crushed and Ryan Seacrest is telling you to SING?

I'm tellin' ya gang, I am praying for the day when one person who has been eliminated and gets the order to sing says, "Yo, Ryan! Sing THIS!!!" and walks (or runs) off the stage.

THE END OF "THE L WORD"!

Showtime's "The L Word" ended a very successful 6-year run Sunday night. Prior to the series finale, an hour special about how the show was cast, comments from people about the ground breaking nature of the show and some stories about things that happened behind the scenes was fun to watch. "The L Word" was a show I thought I wouldn't like, but I got hooked and ended up seeing every episode. The final episode left some questions unanswered including a big question about the murder of one of the main characters and which main character committed the murder? Does that mean we'll get that answer (and others) in a "The L Word" film that will be shot for Showtime?

AND SPEAKING OF FILMS...

The biggest film out there right now is "Watchmen". It opened on March 6 and I saw it two days ago.

The theatre I saw it in was almost full. The movie is long. 2 hours and 43 minutes long. Because it takes quite a while for this film to get going, I wasn't surprised when I saw people walking out of the theatre. And to tell you the truth, I thought about walking out myself.

Once it finally got going, it had my attention, but when it finally ended, my first thought was, "Is that all there IS?!?"

Strange movie. I'll be surprised if they get back the reported 150+ million it cost to make "Watchmen".

QUESTIONS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. If you write to the blog, I won't know what your email address is, so I won't be able to respond to you. I write back to everyone who writes to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring unforseen circumstances, the next blog will be posted Wednesday, March 18 in the early or late evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home