Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Now That The "R" Word Has Been Burned Into Your Brain, It's Time To Think About The "D" Word!!!

Happy New Year, everyone! This is our first blog in 2009 and our first blog since December 3rd, 2008.

A lot of things have happened in the little more than a month that I've been on "hiatus", so in no particular order, I'll mention some of those things.

RECESSION?!? What about DEPRESSION?!?

For more than a year, you readers of this blog know that I've been telling you we've been in a recession long before this Administration acknowledged this truth which was finally acknowledged about the time this blog went on hiatus.

You readers also know that I've been telling you we need to be concerned about a possible Great Depression II, unless we drastically change the way we're doing things, economically.

Do you know who Paul Krugman is? He recently won a Nobel Prize in economics. That means he knows a lot about economic stuff that most of us don't have a clue about. On January 4th (three days before this blog is being written), Paul Krugman, writing about the state of our economy, got a lot of people's attention with, "Let's not mince words. This looks an awful lot like the beginning of a second Great Depression."

Words of caution to ponder, gang. I know it's rough out there. It's rough here, too. We've all been tightening our belts, but it might be advisable to put another hole in that belt of yours so you can tighten it some more. Will that make your waist hurt? Well, I just put another hole in MY belt and yes, it HURTS!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, you zero-regulation, bought and paid for champions of letting the foxes into the economic hen houses and letting the rich get richer than rich while the rest of us, trying desperately to keep our jobs and to pay our bills, are saying, "What the bleep HAPPENED?!?"

Speaking of the bought and paid for crowd, Yo, R. Rush!!! How Do You Like Donovan McNabb, NOW?!?

What does the R. before Rush stand for? Let that be our quiz for the day, gang.

ONE MORE FOOTBALL RELATED ITEM!!!

Did you watch the Fiesta Bowl game on Fox? Ohio State against Texas? Good game, huh? Too bad the game was brought down by the guy doing the announcing. I never heard his name and I know I wouldn't recognize it if I did hear it because I'm aware of all the good sports announcers. But this play by play announcer of Monday's Fiesta Bowl on Fox was the worst play by play announcer I've heard in a long time, if not ever!!!

ONE MORE ATHLETIC RELATED ITEM!!!

How about the arm on that guy who threw the shoes at President Bush?

Of course no one has seen the show thrower since he was thrown into a jail cell, so one wonders if he still HAS the arm he used to throw the two shoes. "Justice" in that part of the world ain't anywhere near the same as it is here. Don't a lot of judges in that part of the world order the cutting off of hands of people who are convicted of stealing something? Am I the only one who wonders what a judge in that part of the world would order to be cut off if someone is found guilty of the crime of masturbation?

MORE ECONOMIC BAD NEWS!!!

Uh, oh! Have you noticed what's been happening at the gas pump lately? Where I live, gas prices have gone UP 12 cents a gallon in less than a WEEK!

And there's talk of additional gas TAXES on top of the increases of the price of gas!

Did you hear about this proposal in Oregon and other places? A MILEAGE tax? Something about some kind of gizmo that would be ordered to be installed in your car so that the amount of miles you drive would be tracked by satellite and everytime you go to a gas station, you would automatically be charged an additional amount based on the number of miles you had driven since the LAST time you were at a gas station.

More Big Brother, a possible second Great Depression, running out of places on our belts to punch new holes in....

And now THIS!!! The Associated Press reports that, "Untold thousands of illegal immigrants live in public housing at a time when hundreds of thousands of American citizens and American LEGAL residents are stuck waiting YEARS for a spot."

Gang, there is one word for this situation; OUTRAGEOUS!!! Here's another word; UNACCEPTABLE!!!

The economy sucks and is getting sucky-er...We legal Americans are going through belt tightening the likes of which we've never experienced unless we're close to being a hundred years old...And we're being forced to pay higher taxes to give FREE MEDICAL and WELFARE SERVICES to MILLIONS of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?!? ANNND...
PUBLIC HOUSING?!?

WHY, OH WHY AREN'T WE STANDING UP LIKE HOWARD BEALE AND SHOUTING TO THE HEAVENS, "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE!!!"???

Okay...Let's all pause and take a deep breath.

During the more than a month I've been on a blog writing hiatus, I've been busy with other things.

The Beverly Hills Film Festival ran from December 26th to January 4th. 56 films were in the competition, a competition for first, second and third place cash prizes.

A film I'm in, "Manos Partidas" ("Split Hands"), was shown January 3rd and finished in third place in the overall competition. I play a ferocious border patrol agent who's on a mission because my wife was killed by an illegal immigrant. Unbeknownst to me, my son is dating an illegal.

I also had some fun performing a monologue at a few venues, a monologue titled, "If I Was A Terrorist".

And here it is...

If I was a terrorist and I wanted to destroy the American way of life, I wouldn't use planes and bombs to kill folks.

Hell's bells, that's too risky. You might get caught or killed or both!

Realtors get results, and then they lay the blame where it can't be found!

So here's what I would do if I was a terrorist.

I would foreclose on millions of homes, kick folks out of their houses.

I would devalue the dollar so the price of everything would go up!

I would outsource their jobs so they couldn't find work. I would move the factories to foreign countries, you know all the good paying factory jobs.

I would make education unaffordable. Terrorists don't like having educated people around.

I would make health care difficult to get and let the insurance companies just get away with murder!

I would listen to their telephone calls, monitor their e-mails and use that information to really stick it to them. Then...I would get myself a big ol' tax cut, sit back in luxury, and watch them fight over the crumbs!

But you know what? We live in the United States of America, thank you, Jesus! And the people who represent us would never ever let them get away with that, would they?

Would they???

Again...The title of this piece is, "If I Was A Terrorist". Do any of the described situations sound familiar to YOU? All of them, perhaps? We don't have to stand still for this, gang. We really don't.

FINAL THOUGHT...

How about that trailer park trash gang in Alaska, huh? From the future mother in law who's a drug dealer, to the high school dropout son, to the know nothing presidential candidate?

You betcha!!!

THE NEXT BLOG?

Barring unforseen circumstances, next Wednesday, January 14, early evening.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?

If you write to the blog, I can't respond to you. So please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net I write back to everyone.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home