Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Reaction To My Pedophile Priests Commentary...Mainstream Media Is Fox News...Sean Hannity's "Charity" Downgraded...Superstar Actors In Liberace Film!!

Before we get into our headline stories, here are a couple of other things...

While at a recent social event, I heard a guy yell at another guy, these words; "This is AMERICA! Speak SPANISH!

Think about that, folks.

Oh...You don't have to think about it? Well, neither did I.

As we all know, a lot of people are unemployed. Some of you readers of this blog are unemployed. Shoot, I'M unemployed and have been for most of the last several years.

I know a lot of unemployed folks who have been unemployed for quite a while. They all want to work, but no matter what business we're talking about, there's been no hiring. Just a hell of a lot of FIRING!!!

Buuuut....Those of you lucky enough to have a job? It ain't the same, is it? I mean your working environment isn't the same now as it was when you got the job, is it? The vast majority of you are now required to do MORE than what you did when you got hired, right? A LOT more!! Like (at least) TWO jobs more!! And for LESS MONEY than what you were getting for the ONE job you were hired for!!!

It's a dirty little secret most folks don't want to talk about at all. If you tell this to someone who doesn't have to work or is too old to work, the odds are pretty good they won't believe you because they're still sold on the illusion that everything is still okay, in the good ol' USA. And you have probably learned (the hard way) that it's best to not talk about it.

But not talking about it, doesn't ease the pain, does it?

Just know that what's written in the previous four paragraphs is something I'm very familiar with. I've been hearing stories about this for almost 15 years and I'm very sympathetic to what you've gone through and may well still be going through. And yes, I'm also sympathetic to those of you who have (in essence) "given up".

THE PEDOPHILE PRIEST SCANDAL, PART 2!!!

I wrote a commentary about this last week. And a large number of you wrote emails to me about what I had written.

I read all emails in the order they are sent. And the first email I got was passionate, well thought out and the writer's conclusion (in essence) was that I had been unfair and he listed other occupations that had employees who have been guilty of sexually abusing children.

I have never met the man who wrote this email, but I've spoken with him on the phone, we have had friendly email conversations about other subjects, we are brother military veterans and he's a highly respected and well read writer who lives in the "middle" of our country.

I gotta tell ya, gang....When I finished reading his email to me, which was, as I mentioned, the first email about my pedophile priest commentary, I figured I was going to have a long day writing long response emails to lots of you readers.

As those of you who have written to me know, unless you try to hide under the "Anonymous" umbrella, I send a reply email to every email I receive.

And my reply to my "brother military veteran" and "brother commentary writer" was a "thank you" for his thoughtful response but (as he knows) I didn't back away from my criticism of lawbreaking pedophile priests. And I don't back off from my belief that Catholic Bishops, Cardinals and maybe even the Pope might be legally liable for having committed felonies because of the "covering up" of these criminal acts by pedophile priests.

Now for those of you who are reading this and saying something like, "Oh, come ON, Scott!!!", I say to you, what do you call 660 MILLION DOLLARS in payoffs that were paid by ONE Archdiocese, which is located where I live. The Los Angeles Archdiocese. That $660,000,000 payoff was agreed to three years ago. That's "hush money", isn't it? And the Los Angeles Archdiocese isn't the only Archdiocese that's paid multi millions of dollars of "hush/settlement money". When you have knowledge of a crime (like so many church leaders did) instead of contacting the police, you "protect" these pedophile priests, doesn't that make you AN ACCESSORY TO THESE CRIMES?!? And shouldn't you be subject (if found guilty) to possible housing in an 8x12 prison cell?

Please don't forget that the crime is adult priests molesting, sexually abusing, forcing children to "pleasure them", etc., etc. I mean, we're not talking about some kind of "hip priest" sharing a joint or a beer with our children. We are talking about perverts who use church officials and God as their "cover" to SEXUALLY ABUSE OUR CHILDREN!!

Do some of you believe that because the people we're talking about are priests, bishops, cardinals or even the Pope are people who should be allowed to break laws or cover up laws that were broken because they're RELIGIOUS OFFICIALS?!?

I don't know about you, but if I knew that my kid had been molested by a priest and I found out about it 10-30 years later (or immediately) and I also found out that a church official above that priest had been covering up this despicable crime, I would want to shoot both of them. I'm not saying I WOULD do that, but I would want to. And after the murderous impulses had left me, I would try my best to see to it that law enforcement officials had the courage to treat these church officials like they would treat ME if I was guilty of forever altering the innocence of a child.

Thoughts and or comments about this Pedophile Priest business?!? Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. I will respond to you immediately.

Before I switch to the entertainment stuff, a couple of other things...

We've all heard the criticism about "The Mainstream Media", right? As a rule, the people who do the vast majority of the hollering about "The Mainstream Media" are people who can't stand the idea of anyone being in a position of power who doesn't agree with them. "Them" being, people on the "right", right?

I don't know how you think about this, but isn't "The Mainstream Media" supposed to be the media that has the most readers, viewers or listeners?

If that's the case, isn't Fox News, "The Mainstream Media"?

Just askin'.

Speaking of Fox News...Sean Hannity is one of the big stars there. Did you hear about this "charity" of his? In addition to investigations that are being conducted, an outfit that "rates" charities has downgraded Hannity's charity that is supposed to help troops and their families.
Hannity's charity was rated a "4", but because of all the recent bad publicity that seems to consist of "fire" with the "smoke", the charity is now rated as a "2". I don't know what those numbers mean, but I do know up from down and Hannity's number is down.

For the record? I don't think Hannity is guilty of any kind of crime. There are a lot of legal ways you can play with "charity money".

For the record 2: Yo, Sean! The idea you're selling is a very good idea. As a veteran my ownself, what I'd like to see you do is make the reality of what you're selling match the hyperbole of what you're selling.

Entertainment Stuff...

Tuesday night's "American Idol" was the most entertaining "American Idol" show I've ever seen. The judges were involved (in a good way) more than they usually are, so was Ryan Seacrest and so were the performers, before and after they performed. Overall, the performances were better than usual, but I guess that's to be expected when the performers were singing songs that had been written by John Lennon and or Paul McCartney. Tonight's "American Idol" was extra special entertaining as well. Wednesday night is the night one of the performers is voted off the show. I won't spoil it for those of you who taped the show and haven't seen it yet, but I can tell you there was some "extra" high drama associated with these voting results.

Another good new episode of "The Good Wife" on CBS, Tuesday. Another good new episode of "Justified" on FX, Tuesday. This is a Timothy Olyphant starring show and it is very good. As is "Parenthood" which is on NBC, Tuesday with a rerun on Saturday. Gang, if you haven't seen "Parenthood", you have been missing a real treat.

This Sunday, you "Brothers & Sisters" fans might want to know that a 2-hour episode of that show will be on ABC from 9-11 (8-10 Central) that night.

A movie to be on the lookout for next year...

"Liberace". For those of you who don't know who he was, Liberace was a big time piano playing entertainer. After he died, there was some scandal associated with him and a male lover who claimed he (the lover) got AIDS from Liberace.

Liberace could be seen on any big variety show that was on television during the 60's and 70's and he was a Las Vegas Headliner up until the day he died. In the late 70's, a girl I was in love with, talked me into getting tickets to see Liberace when we were getting ready to go to Las Vegas for a few days. The only reason I agreed to get those tickets is because I was really in love with her. Otherwise, No WAY!!!

We had front row seats and I think the only thing that was on my mind was that I hoped no one I knew SAW me at this show!

The place was packed and once he came on the stage, I realized why. Charisma was dripping from this guy. In addition to his great piano playing and story telling, the one thing I never forgot was Liberace making fun of all of his jewelry and then walking from one end of the stage to the other and inviting people to "touch" his jewelry with the words, "Don't be bashful! YOU paid for them!!!"

I bring this up because a movie about Liberace is scheduled to be shot early next year which means it would probably be shown late next year. It will be directed by Steven Soderbergh and Michael Douglas will play Liberace. Matt Damon will play Liberace's lover.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. I will respond to you immediately. If you write to the blog, there's no way for me to know your email address so I won't be able to respond to you. Again... scottstjames@sbcglobal.net All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring something unforseen coming up, late Wednesday night, April 14. And I hope-plan to cover two subjects I've been saying I would cover the last couple of weeks or so. Said subjects being, "Death" and who or what was responsible for declaring "year 1" when it
was declared which led us to where we are now, which is "year 2010".



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home