Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Is Barbara Streisand Going To...? And If She IS, Does That Mean...???

The Oscars will be awarded this Sunday. I don't know if this is true, but I have been told that Barbara Streisand will be announcing the winner of the Best Director Oscar and she will also be presenting the Oscar TO the winner. Does that mean that Barbara Streisand KNOWS that Kathryn Bigelow will be the first female to ever WIN the Best Director Oscar?!?

Okay...As long as we're talkin' Oscars, here come my thoughts. I'm going to tell you who I would LIKE to win the main awards and who I think WILL win the main awards.

I would LIKE to see Jason Reitman win the Best Director Oscar, but I think Kathryn Bigelow WILL win it.

I would LIKE to see Vera Farmiga or Anna Kendrick win the Best Supporting Actress Oscar, but I think Mo'Nique WILL win it.

I would LIKE to see Woody Harrelson win the Best Supporting Oscar, but I think Christoph Waltz WILL win it.

I would LIKE to see Sandra Bullock win the Best Actress Oscar and I think she WILL win it. Buuut... I am hearing a lot of Meryl Streep talk and let's face it; an argument can be made to give an Oscar to Meryl Streep EVERY year!

I would LIKE to see George Clooney win the Best Actor Oscar because I thought he was sooo good in "Up in the Air", but like most folks, I have no problem with Jeff Bridges winning and I think he WILL win it.

Best Picture Oscar??? For a lot of reasons, I think "Avatar" deserves the honor. It wasn't my favorite film, but it was a film I enjoyed watching and I was fascinated by the "new tricks" used by James Cameron. Not very many people have seen "The Hurt Locker", but those who have seen it seem to swear by it and I get the feeling that most of the people who have seen it also happen to be Academy VOTERS! But there's this thing inside of me that keeps telling me the passion involved in the voting for THIS great honor might result in a lot of votes being cast for "Avator", a lot of votes being cast for "The Hurt Locker", but because of that "split vote", a film like "Up in the Air" or "The Blind Side" could end up WINNING the Best Picture Oscar.

And yes, "The Blind Side" is the film I would LIKE to see win.

Thoughts and or comments? Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net

MORE ENTERTAINMENT STUFF...

Did you see Sarah Palin on with Jay Leno? I did and I thought she was terrific. No, I still don't think she has any business being in the conversation about the presidency and according to a new poll, neither do most Americans. In case you hadn't heard, a new poll shows that if Sarah Palin was trying to be elected President of the United States today, she would lose in 47 states. Jay Leno was right when he introduced Sarah Palin as being a person you either like or don't like. In other words, no middle ground. As of now, the majority fall under the category of, "Don't like", but if I was one of her "handlers", I would encourage her to watch how she came across when she was on with Jay Leno, over and over again.

Jay Leno had another guest I want to mention as well. Singer Adam Lambert was Leno's final guest on Tuesday night. Lambert is the guy who should have been last year's American Idol winner. Tuesday night, Lambert sang a new song of his and while he was singing, I couldn't help but think of the ten male singers who are trying to be the next "American Idol". Not only do NONE of these male singers have any business shining Lambert's shoes, SEVEN of the ten CAN'T SING!!! PERIOD!!! And I'm not all that damn sure about TWO of the OTHER three!!!

Two more television show mentions...

The Robert and Kitty marriage is somehow going to be drastically effected on "Brothers & Sisters" because the Robert character is leaving the show (it's been officially announced) and the Kitty character is going to have a reduced role on the show, which has also been officially announced. The Kitty character is running for public office and we really don't know what the Robert character is going to be doing, buuuut....I can't help but get the feeling that something "tragic" will be written into the show regarding the Robert character. Something tragic that will have those of us who really like the show having tears roll down our cheeks because when these two fine actors are on the screen together, you really BELIEVE that they love each other. BIG TIME!!!

A new episode of "The Good Wife" was finally shown on Tuesday night and I thought it was terrific. Great guest star performances, some new "twists" to ponder and the continuing establishment of "The Good Wife" being THE show you make room for.

IN CLOSING....

Short blog this week. My mind is on the Oscars. I'm an auditioning actor. I'm very much looking forward to a Pre-Oscar Party I'll be attending in Burbank this Saturday night. And I will continue what has been a very busy week with another audition tomorrow.

SOME SHORT FINAL ITEMS TO PONDER...

In the last couple of days, gasoline prices have gone up 8 cents. Short Commentary: Uh, oh!!

President Obama looks like he's close to being ready to do something dramatic regarding healthcare reform.

Our economic situation is desperately in need of some solid revisions. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't blame George W. Bush for all of our economic woes. He didn't help the situation any while spending money like a drunken sailor, but he was (in essence) continuing with financial behavior that seems to have begun with Ronald Reagan and David Stockman. At the time this was being discussed, Reagan hadn't yet been elected to be our new President of the United States. One of the people who was campaigning against Reagan was the other George Bush (W's dad) and he was claiming that the economic ideas posed by Reagan and Stockman were, in Bush's view, "VooDoo Economics". As we know, Bush Senior ended up being Reagan's Vice President before becoming President after Reagan's two terms had ended.

It has taken a long time for people to learn that Bush Senior was correct. I bought into what was really Stockman's ideas and those eight years that Reagan was President, I thought his economic principles were great. And ya know what? They were. If you were making a lot of money. And I was.

It is long past time for the VooDoo economics period to end. I mean REALLY END!!!

Because if they (once and for all) don't, we are very much in danger of facing what I have a new term for. ECONOMIC ARMAGEDDON!!!

Thoughts And Or Comments? Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net I will respond to you immediately. If you write to the blog, there's no way for me to know your email address and that means I can't respond to you. Again... scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you immediately. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

The Next Blog? Barring unforseen circumstances, Wednesday night, March 10.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the Oscars show and that all of your favorites win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home