Thursday, November 03, 2011

Is Herman Cain Still a Legitimate Presidential Candidate? Justin Bieber: Daddy? Rape Victim? Both? Sunday, Turn Your Clocks Back 1 HOUR!!!

Because I've been busy with meetings and a very pleasant visit with my family in Arizona, this figures to be a pretty short blog. Shoot, I've even been unable to watch some of my favorite television shows this week. GRRRR!!!

I know. Poor me.

Speaking of poor... Poor Texas Rangers, poor Herman Cane, poor Justin Bieber, poor Lindsay Lohan, poor Kim Kardashian, poor Republican Party, poor radio industry....

And that's where I'll start.

In last weeks blog, I wrote a commentary about the sorry state of the radio business and why. Radio is a subject I rarely comment on in this blog even though I spent many years in that business. The commentary hit a nerve with a lot of people, many of whom weren't readers of this blog, but were tipped off about what I wrote by people like Don Barrett who recently received a Lifetime Achievement Award for his wonderful work as Owner/Publisher of LARadio.com. Karl Southcott, son of legendary radio performer and program director, Chuck Southcott, liked what I wrote enough to post it on Facebook. Between the thousands of readers Don Barrett has and who knows how many readers Facebook has, a whole bunch of new people became aware of this little blog known as, "The Jammer with the Hammer".

Don and Karl, I owe you. Big time! Thank you very, very much.

And here's a reminder to all you new readers. You can get this blog sent to your email inbox for FREE! Just use the convenient subscription form below my 'About Me' Profile to the right of this column. Enter your email address in the box provided, click on 'Subscribe' and then click on the confirmation link that will arrive in your email and you're "good to go". Every time there's a new blog, it will be automatically delivered to you via email between 3 and 5 in the morning, Pacific Time. This is a free service, it will always be free and no, you won't be sent any ads, spam or ANYTHING...except the new blog. Oh...In addition to subscribing to my blog on this page, you can also follow me on Twitter:@scottstjamesla

HERMAN CAIN:

He's had a heck of a ride, hasn't he? A guy who has never been elected to anything, but a few days ago, he was the leading Republican presidential candidate in many polls. I've seen every minute of every Republican debate and you had to be blind and or deaf to not realize you were looking at a very charismatic candidate every time he opened his mouth.

But something strange began happening a few weeks ago. He was still charming and charismatic, but it seemed as though he didn't know some things that anyone running for the highest office in our land SHOULD know. And some positions he took on things began to be changed by him, over and over again. I mean, we KNEW Mitt Romney was/is like that, but HERMAN CAIN?!? And we couldn't help but wonder.....
Is Herman Cain NOT who he appears to be? The charming, confident man who just might be the "breath of fresh air" we need in Washington?

A few days ago, those of us who had taken a liking to Herman Cain heard a story which became Stor-IES about WHAAAAT?!? Allegedly paying off one, which became two, which (so far) has become three women to be quiet about charges of some form of sexual harassment?!? One woman was allegedly given $35,000, another woman was allegedly given $45,000. The alleged 3rd woman? We don't know. Yet. Herman Cain has been married for more than 40 years and his wife was scheduled to be a guest on FOX tomorrow night (Friday, November 4) to "stand up for her husband", but earlier today, it was announced that Mrs. Cain has decided to NOT be a guest on Fox tomorrow night. WHY? As of now, we don't know. Nothing about sickness, a death in the family or anything like that. She certainly wouldn't have a reason to be worried about facing a tough host on FOX, but even a softball throwing host would be asking basic questions and Mrs. Cain has bowed out? Hmmmm....

Here's the deal, folks. If you're a candidate for the highest office in our land (President of the United States), you don't get a "PRIVACY PASS". Like it or not, your life now and your past life is an "open book". And if YOU don't open it, someone else WILL.

I don't pretend to know how this will "play out", but my guess right now is that Herman Cain is done as far as being a candidate for the office of president or vice president UNLESS... he can use his very good communication skills to convince all of us (or enough of us) that what we've heard are over the top exaggerations about what were at worst, dumb jokes stated by Cain.

Like I used to say on the radio, "Stay tuned!"


WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES?!?

I ask this question because as I've stated in long ago previous blogs, I've been a lifetime Republican who voted for a democrat for the first time when I voted for Barack Obama. I voted for him because our previous president and his administration presided over our economy while it got buried in a ditch. My view was that ANYTHING would be better than "more of the same" which I figured we'd get with McCain and Palin.
Sadly, it appears that we HAVE gotten "more of the same" from the Obama administration. The bailouts which began with the Bush administration, all the money we've spent on stupid wars that began with the Bush administration, etc. on top of etc. And yes, it was the Obama administration that got Osama bin Laden, something these "candidates" refuse to acknowledge and that killing (to me) was a good thing because he was the so-called architect of 9/11. I also supported the Obama administration's decision to assassinate that turban wearing American citizen who was plotting bad things against us. Overall, Barack Obama has been a big disappointment to me. "Change we can believe in"? WHAT change? To me, Barack Obama is "Bush Lite" except for some military successes he's had as opposed to what the Bush administration didn't have. But the one thing I really don't like about Obama is his (seeming to be) reluctance to FIGHT for things he supposedly believes in. And then I can't help but wonder, what DOES he REALLY believe in?

Just askin'.

Back to the Republican candidates.

Do any of you honestly believe that what you've seen and heard from these candidates that ANY of them would give you a warm and fuzzy feeling if one of them became our next President of the United States?

Seriously. Ron Paul? I love his ideas about taking care of America as opposed to spending so much of our money on stupid wars and the billions on top of billions we give to countries that don't even like us. But except for that, is there any other reason you would vote for Ron Paul?

Rick Santorum? Puh-Leez!

Michele Bachmann? Rick Santorum in a skirt.

Rick Perry? All hat and no cattle.

Jon Huntsman? Possibly the brightest candidate of them all, but it's easy to see why he worked for Obama because Huntsman doesn't seem to be a fighter either.

Mitt Romney? Which Mitt Romney are we talking about? There seem to be several Mitt Romneys in the same body. Flip, flop, flip, flop.

Herman Cain? If he continues to be a candidate, based on what you've heard and seen from him recently, would you think he is someone you would vote for?

And then there's Newt Gingrich. Probably the most qualified of all the Republican candidates. He strikes me as having more good ideas than all the other Republican candidates combined. But oh, the BAGGAGE that comes with Gingrich. It is baggage that doesn't bother me like it bothers the people who preach hard line "family values", etc. and I think that's why even though he would be the Republican's BEST shot, his "baggage" makes him a LONG shot.

If I'm right, what does this leave the Republicans with? The necessity to find ANOTHER candidate or Obama will win by default.

Just sayin'.

OTHER STUFF:

Am I the only one who's tired of hearing anything about the Kardashian family or the Lohan family?

Daylight Saving Time ends this Sunday. Remember the old saying, "Spring Forward, Fall Back"? That means that this Sunday you need to remember to move your clocks and watches BACK one hour. Yay! An extra hour of sleep!

Have you heard about this Justin Bieber business? We're being told he might have had sex with a woman when he was 16? And she was 19? And the baby she now has was allegedly fathered by Bieber? And if true, this could result in some kind of rape charge against the woman? As my long time friend Don King might say, "Only in America!"


TELEVISION STUFF:

I didn't see as much television this past week as I usually do for reasons explained at the beginning of this blog, but here are a few comments about some shows I DID see.

I saw the second episode of "Boss", starring Kelsey Grammer on STARZ this past Friday and I liked it a lot. The first episode didn't grab me that much, but I'm glad I checked out episode #2. It is obvious that this is going to be a very "heavy" show, but "heavy" can be very good if you have the right writers and the right actors. It looks like "Boss" has both.

I thought the Sunday episodes of "The Good Wife" on CBS and "Homeland" on Showtime were both shows' BEST episodes so far. I love both of those shows.

And Tuesday, another terrific episode of "Parenthood" on NBC. Folks, if you haven't checked out "Parenthood" yet, do yourself a favor and become as addicted to that wonderful show as I am.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. I will respond to you ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means there's no way for me to respond to you. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? If I continue by recent consistency, late Thursday night, November 10 or very early Friday morning, November 11.

Meanwhile, I hope that you and yours have a terrific weekend and don't forget to turn your clocks and watches back one hour this coming Sunday.

AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home