Thursday, November 10, 2011

SCARY gas prices are on the horizon!!! What Clint Eastwood thinks of Mitt Romney!!! Billy Crystal, Herman Cain and "Princess Nancy"!!!

Because most of you won't see this blog until tomorrow, which is Veterans Day, to all my brother and sister veterans, HAPPY VETERANS DAY and thanks for your service.

Before going any further, let me get some very bad news out of the way. Oil companies. You know, those very rich companies that get all those tax breaks from us? We're being told that on or about the beginning of 2012, we can expect gas prices to rise to heights we've never seen before.

And we give those greedy bastard oil companies great tax breaks because....WHY?!?

Last night's Republican debates:

Did you see them on CNBC? I did. Except for that one loud-mouth host (who was admittedly entertaining), I thought the rest of the CNBC hosts did a terrific job by "calling" candidates on their "ducking" of questions by filling the airwaves with baloney until the hosts gave them one additional shot at addressing what they'd been asked and if the baloney kept flowing, they went to a different candidate.

In our last blog, I mentioned all the Republican candidates and pointed out why I didn't think any of them are coming across as serious candidates because none of them have come up with serious ideas on how to get our economy back on track. And yes, between now and the day one of these people gets nominated, it's possible we will hear some serious "solution ideas" from (hopefully) at least ONE of these candidates.

Oh...what was that? Did I hear someone mention Mitt Romney as someone who should be taken seriously as an electable candidate?

Clint Eastwood. I think we all know who HE is, right? Mr. Eastwood has a new film that's probably at your favorite movie theatre. It's about the late J. Edgar Hoover who is played by Leonardo Dicaprio.

We know that Mr. Eastwood is an Oscar winner and we've heard all the nice things that actors have said about him after they've had the pleasure of working with him, etc., etc.

Do you know anything about Mr. Eastwood's politics? Conservative. Very conservative. And his views were expressed freely during a very interesting conversation he had with Patrick Goldstein, the L.A. Times' long time star entertainment reporter a couple of days ago.

Mr. Eastwood was asked what he thought about Mitt Romney and the possibility he could be our next President of the United States. I don't have the Eastwood quote in front of me, but what I'm about to tell you will be very close to being exactly how Mr. Eastwood feels about Mitt Romney. He said if he was looking for someone to play the President of the United States in a film he was directing, his first choice would be Mitt Romney because he "looks good".

And as to Romney being a real President of the United States? "Next question, please." Or something like that.

Herman Cain:

He got off easy on the sexual harassment questions. Buuuut....Under the category of, "Open mouth, insert foot", Cain, while answering a question about a different subject, decided to take a shot at House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi by referring to her as, "Princess Nancy".

Okay....We have a candidate that several women are saying is a guy who has treated them like second class citizens. His response is to deny, deny, deny. Okay. Until we see some solid proof showing this guy in a negative light.....

He said, WHAAAT?!?

Folks, like it or not, it's time to realize we're looking at a loose-tongued, loose cannon who is living in a dream world as far as presidential aspirations go.

And speaking of dreamers...

Governor Rick Perry. Even if you didn't see Perry's mind cramp moment, I'm sure you've heard about it. His inability to come up with the third of three departments he said he would eliminate if he becomes our next president. It was embarrassing. The other candidates tried to help him, but he had one of those moments that many of us have experienced, but not in situations where the stakes are so high. And after the debates had ended, pretty much all the "talking heads" declared that Perry is now "done".

If you read my last blog, you know that I referred to Governor Perry as being, "All hat and no cattle".

I'm still inclined to believe that, but I don't think the mind cramp he had was that big of a deal as long as he handles it properly. Tonight, he is scheduled to be on the David Letterman show to do the show's "Top Ten List". Perry was not a scheduled guest before he had his mind cramp. I think it's a stroke of genius on Perry's part to offer to do the Letterman thing about what happened last night and to continue to make fun of himself until it's time for the next Republican Debates. Which will be this coming Saturday in South Carolina and televised by CBS beginning at 5pm, Pacific Time.


JOE PATERNO:

What an idiot! He gets told a bunch of years ago that a coach of his was seen doing criminal things to a child and after telling his boss (which was the right thing to do) but then not following up with a call to the police when he realized his boss didn't call the police, was out and out stupid.

JOE FRAZIER:

Back in the day, he was a terrific boxer. A boxer who in his retirement years, was a bitter boxer because of how he thought he's been treated by Muhammad Ali.

I knew Joe. The last time I saw him was in 1979, just before I moved to where I am now. I listened to him go on a long rant about Ali. I listened and I felt sorry for him. I hope he can now rest in peace.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

It's not official, but it looks like Billy Crystal might be the host of the Oscars (again) in a few months. Eddie Murphy was the scheduled host but he backed out because the guy who hired him got fired.

And speaking of Eddie Murphy, I saw "Tower Heist" yesterday. Murphy's in it along with Ben Stiller, Alan Alda, Tea Leoni, Casey Affleck and some other fine actors. You really have to accept something that's preposterous near the end of this film for you to enjoy it, and I did accept which means I did enjoy "Tower Heist".

"Love and other Drugs" is a film that came out last year and is currently on the HBO circuit. It stars Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal. I saw it last year and loved it. I saw it again a few nights ago and loved it again. This film is (to me) a very charming love story. Yes, you see a lot of the beautiful Ms. Hathaway in this film, but this film is a lot more than Hathaway's skin. I think "Love and other Drugs" was last year's most underrated film of the year.

Speaking of underrated, why does the television show, "Parenthood" have such lousy ratings? I think this is a terrific show with a whole bunch of terrific actors and it's produced by Ron Howard and his "disciples". In addition to the great acting being done by this ensemble cast, these are actors who are also "easy on the eyes".
I'm only going to mention three of the "head turners", but head turners, they are. Bonnie Bedelia, Joy Bryant and Sarah Ramos. "Parenthood" is shown by NBC on Tuesday nights. I know. It's up against that NCIS juggernaut, but believe me when I tell you that if you give "Parenthood" a look-see, you'll be thanking me.

Like all you folks who have thanked me for recommending "The Good Wife" which is shown by CBS on Sunday nights.

Another great show is "Revenge" which is shown by ABC on Wednesday nights, but it wasn't shown last night because of the CMA Awards show. "Revenge" star Emily VanCamp was an awards presenter last night, but the highlight of last night's show (to me) was the very nice tribute the CMA folks put together for Glen Campbell.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcgloblal.net and I will respond to you ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't be able to respond to you. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring something unforseen, next Thursday night, November 17 or early Friday morning, November 18.

I hope you all have a very nice weekend and to you veterans, HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget...AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home