Friday, November 02, 2012

Election Day is Tuesday, November 2nd!!! "Spring forward, Fall back!!!" In other words, before you go to bed tomorrow night, move your clocks and watches back one-hour!!!

Hi everybody!!!

Full disclosure:   As of this moment, I have no idea what I'm going to write about.   I mean, like most of you, I have two things on my mind.   (1)   Make sure I vote on Tuesday.   (2) Find out who our president will be (sometime on Tuesday) for the next four years.

Oh, I could write some more about the humongous amount of flip-flopping that Mr. Romney has done, but if that hasn't meant anything (of importance) to voters before, it sure as heck won't mean anything (of importance) now.  It's interesting to me to see people supporting this guy even though they can't tell you what Romney really believes in.   I mean, when you change your mind as often as HE does...

Until the day I die, I will always believe that Mitt Romney is a con-man.   And GOOD con-men have the ability to fool a lot of people.

One term as a governor, lost his attempt to become a senator to Ted Kennedy, and lost his attempt to become president to John McCain because THOSE voters said (in essence), "Mr. Romney, please leave the building."

I made a prediction about the presidential race 4-years ago and I was right.   I chose Mr. Obama over Senator McCain because of McCain's ill advised choice to select Sarah Palin as his running mate.   I was honestly afraid he might die while he was in office.

I am not making a prediction about what will happen on November 6.   No matter who wins the election, I will be hoping that person will be successful, something that a lot of "Southern Crackers" (and their ilk) did not do from day one of Obama's presidency almost four years ago.

In my view, George W. Bush was a horrible president.   But during his 8-years in office, I never (publicly) rooted against him.   I kept rooting for him to be right about something.  Why?   Because he was OUR president.

Okay....Now we wait to see what happens on Tuesday.

OTHER STUFF:

It will be my privilege to hang with some big movie folks (again) tomorrow.   I'll be attending a private screening of a new film that has gotten some good reviews.   "Flight", starring Denzel Washington.   John Goodman is also in this film.   I mention this because this has been a hell of a good year for Goodman, a guy I've known for a lot of years.   In addition to "Flight", Goodman has also had terrific roles in the Clint Eastwood film earlier this year and also the Ben Affleck film "Argo" which is still selling a lot of tickets and figures to get a lot of nominations for awards.

There will be a Q&A after tomorrow's screening and the people who will be questioned are the film's director, Robert Zemeckis and actors, Denzel Washington and John Goodman.

I know.   I'm a lucky guy.

People who WEREN'T lucky...

Hurricane Sandy.   You can't help but feel sorry for all the people who were affected by THAT!!!

And wack-job talk show hosts got pissed off at New Jersey Governor Chris Christie because he said a lot nice things about the help his state got from President Obama?!?

Oh, yeah.   People like that are "Great Americans".   Right, Sean Hannity?!?

And by the way, why do you next to knowing nothing clowns keep denying the reality of what is known (scientifically) as "Climate Change" and "Global Warming".   Oh.   Hi El-Rushbo!   You still calling CC and GW a hoax?  

Here's hoping that things get back to normal soon for all the people back East who have been suffering.   Our prayers are with you.

A couple of QUICK HITS:

A reader wrote to me about the lack of published blog comments and he tried to sell me something that would get me more readers.

First of all, thanks for the offer but the fact is, I have a lot of readers.   The lack of published blog comments is by design.   Pretty much everyone who writes these days has-have a section in which readers can blow off steam.   I've always liked to be "different" and I've made it very clear from the beginning that a published blog comments section will never "be in play".   I have had verbal and written conversations with a lot of readers after every blog I've
written.   As our long time readers know, I respond to everyone who writes unless they identify themselves as "Anonymous".   It's rare, but once in a while I will include something in the main part of this blog that has been written to me by a reader if the reader gives me permission to do so.

And as long as I'm talking about THIS subject....During the last 7 or so years I've been writing this blog, a sizeable number of you have asked me to write more about my careers away from this blog.

As my good friend LARadio.com publisher/owner Don Barrett likes to say, "I tend keep it close to the vest" and writing (in depth) about my careers isn't my style.   In fact, some of the best writers in the country have (over the years) asked me to sit down for a column they wanted to write about me.   I have pleasantly turned down every one of them.   Buuuut....Like what has happened and continues to happen because of Global Warming-Climate Change, I am beginning to "melt" and I'm thinking about changing my mind.   If I do change my mind, I would be writing about things that began in the 60's.   And while I've been lucky enough to have had (for the most part) very good careers, I would include some of the negative things that happened.   Negative things that I turned into learning experiences.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because it will be impossible to know your email address.   I respond to every email I get unless the person uses the name "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforeseen circumstances (like what happened yesterday), the next blog figures to be written and posted Thursday night, November 8 or early Friday morning, November 9.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and here are two things I hope you don't forget...

(1)   Before you go to bed on Saturday night, turn your clocks and watches back 1-hour.

(2)   Tuesday, November 6 is Election Day.   PLEASE!!!   Don't forget to VOTE!!!

And whoever wins Tuesday's election, I hope he shares our vision of AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home