Thursday, October 18, 2012

Anne Romney says, "If Mitt loses, we're done!!!" In Tuesday's debate, Candy Crowley was the star!!! The debate itself? THIS time, Romney looked like the deer in the headlights!!! Dinesh D'Souza loses a million dollar leadership gig at an evangelical school because of LACK of leadership and cheating on his wife!!! It's time for baseball to accept instant replay!!!

Hi Gang!   The third and final presidential debate will be held next Monday night in Florida.   Fifteen days later we will vote.   Exciting stuff, huh?

Soooo...LET'S GET BUSY!!!

Headline #1:   Anne Romney says, "If Mitt loses we're done!"   She also says she "Won't put her family through another campaign!"

I don't think there's anything I can add to that.   Do YOU?

Headline #2:   Candy Crowley was the star of the second presidential debate!

Was it just me or did it seem that after the debate, more people were talking about Candy Crowley than either of the candidates?

A lot of Romney talking heads were "howling".   Not me.   I was smiling because she was doing what she was supposed to be doing and WHAT she was doing was what I hoped she would do and I said so in several blogs BEFORE these debates began.   And no, at no time did I say I hoped the moderators would "Keep Romney in line".   I wanted the moderator to keep BOTH candidates "in line".   I agree with the critic in the Los Angeles Times who wrote that she hoped Candy Crowley (in future presidential debates) will be "The Moderator for Life".

Headline #3:   Tuesday's debate?   THIS time Romney looked like "The deer in the headlights!"

After the first presidential debate, I thought Romney mopped the floor with Obama.   And in essence, that's what I wrote.  

That wasn't the case in this past Tuesday's debate.   If you're keeping score, it's 1-1.   The tiebreaker will be held next Monday night in Florida and the winner of THAT debate will probably win the election.

Headline #4:   Dinesh D'Souza loses a million dollar leadership gig at an evangelical school because of LACK of leadership and cheating on his wife!!!

This is the guy who also spent a lot of time away from the school to promote his documentary titled, "2016: Obama's America", a film that got a lot of brief attention but now it's nowhere to be found.   Maybe he's doing some more editing on it.

Headline #5:   It's time for baseball to accept instant replay!

If you've been watching the baseball playoffs, you've seen some (big) blown calls by umpires that could have and should have been corrected by instant replay.   Baseball officials take the hard-headed position having to do with "Tradition".   That's okay when modern technology wasn't available.   Baseball officials need to understand that this is 2012, instant replay would speed things up and bad calls seen by everyone BUT the umpires could be corrected immediately.

Other stuff:

How about that dare devil who set a new highest sky-dive record by jumping 119, 846 feet.   Is it just me or do you have to be half nuts to try a stunt like that?   God bless him for pulling it off but...

I don't know if you've noticed it or not, but shows on cable networks are causing serious problems (money-wise) for the networks (off-cable) like ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.   Why?   A lot of it has to do with "better shows" and on the cable networks there are no restrictions about adult language and nudity.

And speaking of entertainment type things...

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Before I go any further...I know that a lot of readers of this almost 7-years old blog were under the assumption that I would be writing more about Tuesday's debate than I did.   And yes, I understand your thinking.   What I ended up thinking was that frankly, there wasn't much else TO say accept for what I wrote.   People who have their biases about these two candidates took no notice about any "positives" the candidate they don't like came across with.   Bringing them up, to a great extent, only aggravates the hell out of these people.

I know what I saw.   And if you weren't wearing blinders, so do you.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF, TAKE 2:

I feel like I'm on a movie set with this "take 2" business.

I didn't have time to see any NEW films this past week, but I DID see a film on cable that got some award nominations last year.   "The Descendents", on HBO.   A 2011 film that starred George Clooney, Robert Forster and Shailene Woodley, a young woman who darn near "stole the film".   I liked this film a lot and what I especially liked was that this film was about "family issues".   Issues that you and I can relate to.   This film is currently on the HBO circuit and I highly recommend it.

That Sunday night duo of "The Good Wife" and "Revenge" would both be getting fantastic ratings if they didn't have to compete with Sunday Night Football.   "The Good Wife" is on CBS at the same time "Revenge" is on ABC.   Couldn't these networks give us a break and have those two shows on DIFFERENT hours?    Just askin' and hopin'.   Thank God for "On Demand".

Ratings continue to climb for NBC's new Monday night show, "Revolution".   That show has ME hooked!

I thought the second episode of the new show "Nashville" on ABC last night was a lot better than the first episode, but their ratings fell.   I think this show has the potential of being "huge" and I hope the network gives "Nashville" the chance TO be huge.    Great cast and great music if you LIKE country music.   And I DO!

Good, good episodes of "Homeland", "Dexter" and "Boardwalk Empire" on cable this past Sunday night.

And speaking of entertainment...DON'T FORGET...The next presidential debate will be held in Florida on Monday, October 22 and the election will be Tuesday, November 6.

And on Thursday, November 8, I will have a special announcement for you.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address if you do that.   I respond to all emails unless the writer identifies himself or herself as "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, Thursday night, October 25 or very early Friday morning, October 26.

I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and I hope that you listen very carefully to BOTH presidential candidates next Monday night.   All elections are important, but I think most folks think that THIS election is extra important.

And here's hoping that whoever wins the election is a president that goes along with what I've been hoping for during these terrible economic times.   And that is (simply) to back off on being the world's policeman and the world's kitchen and spend all that energy and money where it belongs;   HERE!!!

In other words, AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home