Thursday, October 04, 2012

The CON-MAN Won Round One Over The WEAK MAN!!! Gas Prices Jacked Up 20-30 Cents in the last TWO DAYS!!! When Running for Political Office, Betting AGAINST America should be looked at as an Act of TREASON!!! Jim Lehrer Should NEVER be a Debate Moderator!!! Christmas gift suggestions for Drudge, Rush, Sean, and Tucker!!!

Hi Gang!   Thanks for the nice notes about the (mostly) "Entertainment Stuff" in last week's blog.   

In this blog, we'll be primarily focusing on politically related stuff which I'm sure you noticed in the above headlines.

The presidential election will take place November 6 which is just a little bit more than a month from now.

Those of us who care, watched the first of three presidential debates last night.   The other two debates will be held on the evenings of October 16 and 22.   The vice presidential debate will take place a week from today, October 11.

I've said it before and I'll say it again;   Politics is a blood sport.   At the presidential level, it's a blood spurting sport.   And only the strong survive.

In this upcoming election, I don't have a "dog in the hunt".   In fact, I wish we had two different candidates.

Barack Obama was the first Democrat I've EVER voted for.   If he ends up winning and becomes a second term president, I hope he "delivers" more than what he "delivered" in his first term.

I think Mitt Romney has no business being a presidential candidate.   But if he wins the election, I hope he surprises us by doing enough good things that will result in him winning a second term which didn't happen when he was a one-term governor.

With only a little more than a month to go, it's time to take the gloves off and hope for the best.

Let's get busy!

Headline #1:   The CON-MAN won round one over the WEAK MAN!

Mitt Romney drew blood last night.   He ran rough-shod over the moderator, he interrupted Obama and he said a fist full of things that would have caused a polygraph machine to explode.   But hey, he drew blood.

Obama, for reasons unknown to anyone, didn't fight back.   And that's something he seems to have been guilty of throughout his presidency.

If that doesn't change in the second and third debates, Romney will win the election because his opponent rolled over like a helpless dog.

I don't criticize Romney for what he did.   I criticize Obama for not fighting back.

End result?   Romney won with what would be described in the boxing world as a TKO.

Headline #2:   Gas prices jacked up 20-30 cents in the last two days!

In earlier blogs, I have made the point that when gas prices go down, that benefits Obama.   When they go up, that benefits Romney.   Rich people are Romney's people.   We recently learned what Romney thinks of "Obama's people".   The 47% speech.   And why the heck wasn't THAT brought up last night?

Back to the big gas price hikes the last couple of days and who knows how many more gas price hikes we'll get hit with in the next few weeks.   The oil barons get unbelievable tax breaks from us on top of the gazillions of dollars they make from us, the 47%-ers.    And yes, Romney is very comfortable hanging with oil barons.

The REASON for the price hikes?   The oil barons claim it's because of refinery problems or some other such nonsense.   I mean, shouldn't that (if it's true) be classified as the price of doing business?   Especially when they have a built in cushion given to them in the form of outrageous TAX BREAKS?!?   Question:    What the hell do oil barons need tax breaks for?!?

Just askin'.

Headline #3:   When running for political office, betting against America should be looked at as an act of treason!

This is really simple.   You want to put your money into foreign countries instead of here in America and you think we should vote for you?   I don't think there has ever been anyone who has run for the presidency being a guy who, while saying how he will help us Americans because of solutions he has, being a guy who's helping the economy of foreign countries by investing HIS money THERE!!!

Just sayin'.

Headline #4:   Jim Lehrer should NEVER be a debate moderator!

Here's what we should all hope for, gang.   When we have our next debates, can we please have moderators who won't let the candidates run over them?   I mean is that too much to ask for?

Just askin'.

Headline #5:   Christmas gift suggestions for Drudge, Rush, Sean and Tucker!

Because those four have recently caused me to be in a "giving" frame of mind, I've come up with two things I think they'd like.   A hood and a rope.

Just kidding.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Because I'm now having computer problems, I'm going to try to shoot through the entertainment stuff as quickly as possible...

TV stuff....LOVED the first new episode of "The Good Wife".   And how about the Kalinda character, huh?   Sexy as can be and tough as nails.   If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the episode "On Demand".

I thought the first episode of the second season of "Homeland" was great, the first new episode of "Dexter" was so-so, only two more episodes of "Boss" on STARZ, "Boardwalk Empire" has already been renewed for a 4th season and if you missed the last episode of "Parenthood", you missed a wonderful episode.

Folks, "Parenthood" is SOOO good for many reasons.   In Tuesday's episode they gave us a "teaching moment" or two or three.   I mean, this show continues to SHINE!    If you didn't see it, do yourself a favor and watch it "On Demand".

New films:    "Looper", starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt.   I like all three of those actors, I LOVE Emily Blunt, but I thought the film itself was so-so.    This is the first film I've seen with Emily Blunt in it that isn't a very good film.

"End of Watch", starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena.   A lot of action in this film, sad ending, but overall, I thought the film was so-so.

Tomorrow (Friday the 5th), "Taken 2" will open in many cineplexes.   It stars Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace and Famke Janssen.   Along with a bunch of bad guys who want to kill our three stars.   I saw "Taken" and loved it.   I'm hoping that "Taken 2" will be just as good.

I wrote about "Argo" last week, but I'll mention it again by telling you that this film will open on the 12th.   It stars Ben Affleck, John Goodman, Alan Arkin and Bryan Cranston.   It's a film about the Iran Hostage Crisis that took place in 1979.   What we were told about how that ended is something that wasn't the truth.   This film tells you the truth.   I saw "Argo" at a screening last week and this is the best film I've seen in a long time.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't be able to respond to you.   As our long time readers know, I respond to everyone unless you identify yourself as "Anonymous".    Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, next Thursday night, October 11 or early Friday morning, October 12.

Meanwhile, I hope that you and yours have a very pleasant weekend and don't forget...AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

    

        











      

            

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home