Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mitt Romney's 47% Speech!!! Randy Newman's new song is, "I'm Dreaming of a White President!!!" When it comes to all things POLITICAL, is religion the SOLUTION or the PROBLEM?!? I HAVE the film, "Innocence of Muslims"!!! Why U.S. troops and Generals are reluctant to have Afghan troops NEXT to them!!!

Hi everybody!!!   Have the above headlines gotten your attention?   I hope your answer is "Yes!" and we'll get to those headlines after I give you a little "happy" news.

Don Barrett is the publisher and owner of LARadio.com here in Los Angeles.   Don Barrett is also a friend of mine.   His daily column is written and published 5-days a week.   Except for THIS week!

It seems that this friendly workaholic met a beautiful woman in Santa Barbara some months ago who (for lack of a better term) "knocked his socks off" and he's been smiling ever since.   Her name is Cherie.   Don's last column was written on Tuesday.   His next column will be written next Monday.  

WHY?!?   Welllll....They're getting married this weekend.   They thought about having one of those Las Vegas "Elvis preachers" do the officiating, but instead have decided to get married walking distance from the Pacific Ocean.   There will be a celebration Saturday afternoon and a good number of their friends and relatives have been invited.   I'm one of them and so is Jack Roberts, the owner-publisher of a daily column called "Hollywood Hills".   Jack Roberts brought up an interesting problem in his column when he wrote about what kind of gift(s) people would be bringing.   Because of our lousy economy, Jack thought there might be a lot of people who would be going to 99-cents stores.   As the new bride and groom will find out, I did my gift shopping at a place that most people don't know about;   A 69-cents store.

Yes, when I made that decision I was thinking what you're thinking.   And I'm always willing to be in the proper spirit of things for my friends.

Unfortunately, because of a personal situation that I have to take care of, I won't be at Don and Cherie's celebration.   But if the post office doesn't let me down, their gift will arrive by Saturday.   So, from a distance I say to them, "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" and I'm sorry I won't be there.

Ready for the "headline" stuff?

O-Kay!!!   Let's get busy!!!

Headline #1:   Mitt Romney and his 47% speech!

You've all heard about this.    Mitt, Mitt, Mitt!   It's 2012!   Just about everyone walks around with small camera like things that also record anything that's spoken.    Mitt, I didn't think you were ready to be president now or ever BEFORE this recklessness on your part.    You continue to open your mouth while making room for one of your feet and your supporters have to be wondering what on earth you might say during your three debates with Obama!?!    The first debate will be Wednesday, October 3 and the election is Tuesday, November 6.

Headline #2:   Randy Newman's new song is, "I'm Dreaming of a White President!"

If you don't know who Randy Newman is, here's a brief description;   He's a long time musician who has gotten (I think) more than 20 Oscar nominations for his songs and I think he's won at least one Oscar.   Yes, his song is "tongue in cheek" but I think his song will strike a chord with more people than you might imagine.

Headline #3:   When it comes to all things political, is religion the solution or the problem?

I am going to answer this with a short sentence that I was sent by my long time acting agent, Sid Levin.   For the record, Sid is a Romney supporter.   Sid couldn't help but think about the 4 Americans who were killed in Libya and all the other bad stuff that happened there.   Here's Sid's sentence:   "It seems to me that religion (and I mean ALL types of religion) causes more killing and violence than anything else in this world."

Something to think about, huh?   Thanks, Sid.

Headline #4:   The film, "Innocence of Muslims".

This is the film that supposedly caused the riots in Libya.   My thanks to former CNN news star anchor, Patrick Emory for sending me this film.   Full disclosure:   Patrick Emory is a long time friend of mine who had a wonderful career as a news anchor in places like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Los Angeles annnd CNN.

I watched the whole film.   And here's the first thought I had.   I've been in a number of films that never saw the light of day.   The excuse given was always about running out of money, technical problems, etc., etc.   That might have been true once.   Maybe twice.   The other times?   The films were butt ugly awful.

Now that I have seen "Innocence of Muslims", I feel better.   Because THIS film is the worst film I've EVER seen!   And compared to the stinkers I'VE been in, I now feel a LOT better.

Yo radical Libyans!!!   You got your panties in a bunch over THIS?!?    If so, you people are more backwards than I thought you were.

Gang, I honestly don't think the film caused the riots.   I think that what happened had something to do with 9/11.

Just speculating.

Headline #5:   Why U.S. troops and Generals are reluctant to have Afghan troops next to them!

I'm sure you've heard about the recent killing of American troops by Afghan soldiers who were supposedly friendly Afghan soldiers.

Another example of what the heck are we even there for?!?   We got Osama bin Laden!   What else are we supposedly trying to accomplish?

America First, gang.   Let's get the hell out of there.   Send all of our troops home and let's spend our money on and in AMERICA!   It's long past time for us to be the world's policeman and or the world's free kitchen.

To hell with these ingrates.   Let's take care of AMERICAN citizens!!!

Just sayin'.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

I had the pleasure of seeing THREE new films this past week.   All three fall under the category of "independent films".  

Absolutely LOVED the new Richard Gere film, "Arbitrage".   It's been in what is called "limited release" and did very well money-wise.   Beginning tomorrow, I'm sure this film will be in a lot of cineplexes.

The other two indie films I saw were "Compliance" and "Little Birds".

"Compliance" is based on a true story and it is "heavy" on top of "heavy".   Here's how "heavy" it was to me.   I got so mad at what was happening to a young woman in this film, I wanted to reach through the screen and put a big "hurt" on the bad guy.   A good number of people walked out of the theatre, but the film (also in "limited release") has done good business.   This is a very good film that these film folks made, but it ain't for everyone.

"Little Birds", another indie is also based on a true story.   It isn't as "heavy" as "Compliance", but it does have "heavy" moments.   Again...Not for everyone.

Tomorrow, the new Clint Eastwood film will open and everyone's wondering if what he did at the Republican convention will hurt ticket sales.

One other film I saw was on STARZ last night.   A 2011 film, "A Dangerous Method" that starred Keira Knightley, Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and some good supporting players.   This film is another film that's based on a true story about people who were in the psychiatric field.   Viggo Mortensen plays the role of Sigmund Freud.   And am I the only one who thinks that Keira Knightley is one of the world's most underrated actresses?   Gang, this film, "A Dangerous Method", will keep you glued to your screen.

TV shows?   "Boss" continues to click on STARZ every Friday night..."Parenthood" came up with a new (potential) tragedy for one of the main players...Ratings for the "X-Factor" are improving..."American Idol" has two new judges...And "Boardwalk Empire" began their new season with a very good show.

Brief Sports Stuff:

Critical baseball games are being played.   A lot of teams have a chance to get into the playoffs....Tough night for Peyton Manning in Denver's game against Atlanta....And VERY tough nights and days for NFL players who are having to put up with amateur officials instead of the professional officials...And it looks like UCLA has a good football team for the first time in quite a while.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I'll respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't be able to respond to you.   I respond to everyone unless you use the name, "Anonymous".    Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, next Thursday night, September 27 or very early Friday morning, September 28.

Two Wednesdays from now, we'll see the first presidential debate.   The election is seven Tuesdays from now.    Time flies.

I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and let's tell the politicians that we want, AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

  





     















    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home