Saturday, March 23, 2013

10th Iraq War Anniversary!!! GOP Says It's Time For An Overhaul...Michele and Sarah Still Think They're Relevant!!! Ronald Reagan and Me!!! Dumb Baseball People!!! Annnnd...Entertainment Stuff!!!

It is now Saturday night and yes, I'm late!   My sincere apologies, but because of several things going on in my life, I might have to soon go on a "Blog Hiatus" for a few weeks.   I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but for now, Let's get busy with the 6 headlines you see at the top of this blog!

Headline #1:   A few days ago we were reminded of the Iraq war disaster we got involved with/in 10-years ago.   What a load of horse manure we were fed on that deal!   War mongering clowns who put us into this mess.   Most of these war mongering clowns are people who made damn sure THEY didn't have to go to war themselves.   Gang, the Iraq debacle accomplished nothing positive for America.   What WAS accomplished was a lot of Americans getting killed and or severely injured.   What also was accomplished was the tremendous amount of money we spent, money that helped us to be in the horrible economic mess we've been in and are still in.   Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Headline #2:   If you've read any newspaper, magazine or the internet recently, you couldn't help but see what in essence were these words;   The Republican Party is smug.   Uncaring.  Rigid.  An immovable collection of "stuffy old men."

What you just read was the opinion from the Republican Party itself. They have come to this conclusion after reading an analysis commissioned by the Republican National Committee that was released this past Monday.

Oh, you didn't hear about this from Rush or Sean, etc.?

Stay tuned.

Headline #3:   The Conservative Political Action Conference was held this past week.   Among the speakers were Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann.   Michele, Michele, Michele....You will say something truthful....um....when?   Sarah, you were funny, but....Here's the deal, gang.   Both of these characters think they're relevant.   Someone needs to wake them up.

Headline #4:   Ronald Reagan and me!   I had the pleasure of getting to know President Reagan (a little) before he was elected.   He was kind enough to participate in a Gene Autry special I did.   Great guy and I'll never forget something he said;   "I didn't leave the Democrat party.   They left ME!"   Did you know Reagan was a Democrat?   If anyone cared enough to have me on a public stage to declare my political leanings, what you'd hear or read would be;   "I didn't leave the Republican party.   They left ME!"   Until the second half of the Bush (Jr.) administration, I was a lifetime Republican.   I am now an Independent.

Headline #5:   Dumb baseball people!   I'm a long time baseball fan who (15 or so years ago) came to conclusion there are more dumb people in professional baseball than all the other professional teams combined.   The latest example is this World Baseball Classic that was being played while major league players here were having their spring training stuff to do.   Allowing major league players to play in a tournament instead of doing the chemistry thing with teammates on the major league teams that pay them big money is to me as dumb as it gets.   Here in Los Angeles, we have been told that the shortstop for the Dodgers will miss at LEAST 8-weeks of regular season play because of a thumb injury in the tournament.   Dumb, dumb dumb!!!

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:   Speaking of sports...Are you caught up in this "March Madness" business?   The ratings have been great so far and so have most of the games.

I saw one new movie this past week.   "The Call" which stars  Halle Berry, Abigail Breslin and a fine group of supporting players.   This is a high octane thriller that some would call a "horror film".   I sat in a packed auditorium and all of us were on the edge(s) of our seats.  If you like thrill rides, I highly recommend "The Call".

TV stuff....Great episodes this past Sunday of "The Good Wife"on CBS and ABC's "Revenge" and "Red Widow".

Monday, another terrific episode of "The Following" on Fox, "Bates Motel" on A&E and "Dallas" on TNT.

We're hearing a lot of stuff about Jay Leno and NBC.   Leno has the highest late night ratings, but the show isn't promoted properly.   Same deal with NBC's "Smash".   Instead of firing the actors, hosts and shows, I think the NBC owners should fire ALL of their decision making people.

Thursday night on Fox, I enjoyed "Glee" which I hadn't watched in a while and I continue to LOVE ABC's "Scandal".

For the second straight week, I liked "American Idol" on Fox this past Wednesday and Thursday.   I think the changes they've made and continue to make are (so far) the RIGHT changes.  Nicki Minaj is the judge they've been looking for ever since Simon Cowell left the building.   Now there's a performer they need to get rid of.   A performer who is being coddled by the voters because they feel sorry for him.

Back to "Glee" for a minute.   The character "Santana" is still with the show and I'm hard pressed to think of any female actor who is as hot-hot-hot as Naya Rivera (her real name) is.   She's also a terrific actor.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I wouldn't be able to respond to you.   I respond to everyone unless you identify yourself as "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   The way things have been going recently, hard to say, huh?   Hopefully, next Thursday, March 28 or Friday, March 29.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a great rest of the weekend and a great (upcoming) week.

Don't forget....AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home