Thursday, January 17, 2013

Impeach Obama because he wants new GUN LAWS?!? Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jody Foster and the GOLDEN GLOBES!!! Lance Armstrong!!! New Natalie Wood EVIDENCE?!? Gas Prices!!! BACKGROUND CHECKS?!?

Hi Gang!   Because I had a VERY busy week, this blog figures to be shorter than usual.   Hey, I wasn't able to keep track of a lot of stuff.

For those of you who don't know, this blog is written by me in Los Angeles, a city in which I've had the same phone number for more than 33-years.   Every once in a while, I spend a little time in a city I refer to as "My Adopted Home".   St. Louis.   I spent almost ten wonderful years there and I have more friends there than anyplace else.   Anyway, I was there for a few days.   Took care of a little business and had a great time with long time friends, the people I was doing business with and a guy I hadn't seen in more than 30-years.   I've written apology notes to a few people I didn't have time to see, but they will be first on my list the next time I'm there.  

Okay...ENOUGH about ME!!!

LET'S GET BUSY!!!

President Obama wants some new gun laws.   The N.R.A., an organization I've supported a long time is taking a "block it" position. On everything Obama proposes.   A few politicians who support the N.R.A. in everything they want, are politicians who are demanding impeachment proceedings against Obama.   Why?   Because of laws he's asking to get passed.   Laws like stronger background checks.   Some N.R.A. supporting "Truthers" are now "The Newtown Truthers" which means they're saying (in essence) those murders never happened.   In other words, these guys and gals are like those long ago "Truthers" who said we never went to the moon.   And I won't be surprised if people like Donald Trump join forces with these people.   Does everyone know who Glenn Beck is?   He's a guy who got big TV ratings for Fox News until he came across as being too crazy.   Guess what?   Even Glenn Beck thinks these "Truthers" who are supporting the N.R.A are Nuts, Pathetic Idiots, etc.   And while we're on this subject....What the heck is wrong with stronger "Background Checks".   If stronger "background checks" will keep some people who have criminal records and (documented) serious mental issues from legally purchasing guns, isn't that a GOOD thing?

Just askin'.

LANCE ARMSTRONG...

In case you hadn't heard, he's been doing some confessing to Oprah.
Are you interested in watching his confession(s)?   If your answer is "Yes!", I hope you enjoy the experience.   If your answer is "No!", I will also be watching something else.

GAS PRICES...

Oh, those oil budget busters.   As in, busting OUR budgets!   In case you hadn't noticed, gas prices are going up again.   Look....Those oil barons don't give a rat's ass about us.   Why on earth we don't whack them with taxes instead of kissing their asses is something I don't understand at all.

Just sayin'.

Oh...I told you this would be shorter than usual because of the other things I was involved with this past week.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

The Golden Globes!!!   Did you watch that show this past Sunday?  The Golden Globes show had a long time reputation as being the "Best Party In Town" for many years and I had the pleasure of attending a few of those shows.   I don't know what happened, but for a while, the show wasn't as good (fun) as it used to be.   Until this past Sunday.   Whoever came up with the idea to hire Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to be the (new) hosts is someone who should be given a huge raise in pay.   Their hosting "lit up the room" and that resulted in (almost) everyone who came on stage to be very good.   Like Jody Foster.   She was on the stage because of a huge award she had been given.   She talked for almost 7-minutes.   No one but no one is allowed to talk that long at these award shows.   In this particular case, the music (which is used as a hint to wrap things up) was never played.   The person who made THAT decision is someone who should also be given a huge raise in pay.

I LOVED the show and now I'll be putting in a request for a ticket to see next year's Golden Globes show.

And Here's A More SERIOUS "Entertainment Stuff" Story:

Have you heard about this "new" Natalie Wood "death business"?   If you care, you probably know she was a big movie star who (when she drowned) was married to actor Robert Wagner for a second time.   Wagner, Wood, actor Christopher Walken and another guy were on a boat.   Everyone had been drinking.  A lot!!   A loud argument came into play.   Wood was believed to have tried to somehow get off the boat and figure out a way to (I guess) go home.   We've been told this was an accident.   Wellll...Some new "tests" were taken and now it's suggested she might have been harmed before she left the boat.   And Robert Wagner is supposedly not the only one who's being looked at.   So is Christopher Walken.   No talk about arresting either one of those guys and if that never happens, I guess we'll go back to this having been an accident again.

As the Moody Blues once famously sang, "Isn't Life Strange?".

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't (wouldn't) be able to respond to you.  I respond to everyone unless you identify yourself as "Anonymous".  Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforeseen circumstances, late Thursday night, January 24 or very early Friday morning, January 25.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and that you enjoy Martin Luther King's Day on Monday, January 21.

If you're with me, remember....AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home