Wednesday, August 06, 2008

In the song, "To Beat The Devil", Johnny Cash (sadly) told us a TRUTH that "NO ONE WANTS TO KNOW!!!"

Ah, yes! The legendary "Man in Black"! The one and only, Johnny Cash!

Johnny Cash spent a lifetime telling a lot of truth in songs he wrote and sang.

I was accidentally reminded of this when, a little more than a day after posting last Wednesday's blog on July 30, I received a bulletin describing activities by Pakistan intelligence officials. Activities that were activities an "ally" of the United States should not have been involved in if they (Pakistan) really are our ally.

President Bush and his gang of "advisors" claim that Pakistan is an ally of the United States. An important ally.

I disagree and have yelled about it in previous blogs. A number United States CIA patriots also don't believe that Pakistan (especially their leaders) is/are a real ally of ours! Pakistan is one of those "Give me the money!" allies and then a little while later, they're a "Give me some MORE money!!" ally of ours. You know. Like Saudi Arabia.

But we keep giving money and weapons to these creeps and in return, we're asked to bend over while we're given a "thank you" that should be responded to with a punch in the mouth.

Most Americans don't want to believe that their leaders would ever lie to them or mislead them in any way, shape or form that might be harmful to us.

And that's why it's comforting to those well meaning Americans to listen to soothing propaganda salesman like El Rich-0 Limbaugh and Little Lord Hannity say (in essence), "Don't worry! Be HAPPY!"

Oh, they aren't the only ones, but they're the two that most people are familiar with.

They are masters at staying away from "bad news" unless it's about THOSE people!

And who are "those people"?

Anyone who is different than US!

And who is US?

The superior people!

And then, over and over again, they say (in essence), "So keep listening, we'll have some fun together, the economy is fine, the war is fine, let's leave things the way they are, because EVERYTHING's fine!"

Racism? Doesn't exist. Global warming? Doesn't exist. Iraq? We're doing God's work.

Hey, that's all easy to buy into, isn't it? We buy into it and then we can concentrate on something important like the new Paris Hilton "political ad" and John McCain's "political ad" about Paris Hilton.

Back to Johnny Cash.

If there was ever anyone who was a champion of the "little guy" in America, it was Johnny Cash. And after reading that Pakistan bulletin last week, I was driving my car and reached over to where I have 20 or so CD's on the passenger seat. The CD I happened to accidentally pick up was, "16 Biggest Hits, Johnny Cash, Volume II". And after I heard cut number 9, I played it again and again and again. In fact, I'm still playing it. The song is called, "To Beat The Devil". The song was written by Kris Kristofferson (another champion of the "little guy") and the message/lesson being delivered by Johnny Cash is something that truth telling writers/singers, past and present have all learned "the hard way".

And the line in this song that tells that truth is this: "The truth REMAINS, that NO one WANTS to know!!!"

Think about that, folks.

As I've told friends of mine, "GOD, I hope this isn't true!!!"

But deep down inside, we know it IS, don't we?

I dunno know about you, but I'D like to see that mindset CHANGED!!!


AND AS LONG AS I'M IN A PHILOSOPHICAL MOOD...

Long time film, stage and television actor Edwin Craig, a guy who's been a reader of this blog from day one, sent me a monologue I'd like to share with you. The title of this monologue is, "If I Was A Terrorist".

And it goes like this:

"If I was a terrorist and I wanted to destroy the American way of life, I wouldn't use planes and bombs to kill folks. Hell's Bells, that's too risky. You might get caught or killed or both.

Real terrorists get results...and then they lay the blame where it can't be found.

So here's what I would do if I was a terrorist.

I would foreclose on millions of homes, kick folks out of their houses. I would devalue the dollar so the price of EVERYTHING would go up. I would outsource their jobs so they couldn't find work. I would move the factories to foreign countries, you know, all the GOOD paying factory jobs. I would make education unaffordable. Terrorists don't like having EDUCATED people around!

I would make health care difficult to get and let the insurance companies just get away with murder.

I would listen to their telephone calls, monitor their e-mails and use that information to REALLY stick it to them!

Ya know, THEN, I would get myself a big old TAX CUT, sit back in luxury, and watch them FIGHT over the CRUMBS!

But you know what? We live in the United States of America. Thank you, Jesus. And the people that represent us would never EVER let them get away with THAT, would they?

WOULD they?!?


THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS? Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. I write back to everyone.

THE NEXT BLOG? Unless something unexpected comes up, a week from today. As a rule, a new blog is posted every Wednesday afternoon (late) or (early) Wednesday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home