Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Muslim...Islam...Major Nidal Hasan...Terrorist...Religion!!!

Actor Mel Gibson had it part-right when he was in a drunken stupor and claimed a religion or certain religions were responsible for most if not all of the wars. I think religion in general is and has been at the root of way too many wars. All kinds of religions.

Religion is used by many people as comfort food, but there's a mean side to it, too. Look at the way the Catholic church has allowed priests to spend too much ill advised play time with children.

The song "Onward Christian Soldiers" is a song about what? It's very easy to get the answer to that question from a military soldier who happens to be a Christian.

Look, I could easily do a laundry list of religions, but like a lot of you, if I'm thinking about any religion now, it is the religion associated with Muslims. And that would be Islam. Or is that vice versa? Sometimes I get that confused.

No matter and let me make my next points REAL SIMPLE...If you see someone working at (for example) a "7-11" who is wearing a turban (or something like it), is that a pleasurable sight for/to you?

Do you think that Major Hasan, the Muslim U.S. Army Major who assassinated all those U.S. soldiers at Fort Hood is a terrorist?

I do.

Do you think Major Hasan's religion had anything to do with all the U.S. soldiers he killed?

I don't know, but I think it's a very legitimate question.

Do you think Major Hasan is deserving of the top-notch medical care he is getting from U.S. Army doctors?

Would you really care if Major Hasan fell out of his bed one night and while suffering excruciating pain, died? So we wouldn't have to give him a trial?

And for those of you who wonder if I've become as insane as this murderous Muslim Major Hasan seems to be, the answer is, no I'm not.

I am asking out loud what some of you are thinking.

Here's something else this ol' military veteran (me) is thinking. There are a lot of people who have their panties in a bunch over the idea of gays being in the military. One of the things that's very important to all soldiers is to believe that they can count on the person next to them if there's trouble. The old "Would you share a foxhole with...?, etc., etc. question. I think I speak for most (if not all) people who are in the military now and most of the veterans who served in the past, when I say, I'm convinced my back would be covered by a gay soldier. Would I be as convinced my back would be covered by a Muslim soldier? Wellll...I guess if you're in that spot, you have to have faith, but speaking for myself, I'd rather not be in that spot.

Am I being fair to think like that? Am I being politically incorrect to think like that?

I don't think I am and I'm not one of these guys who's guided by what the majority thinks about anything, but in this case, I think a lot of people might agree with me.

In closing (as far as this subject goes), I'll say this; "Murderous Muslim Major Nidal Hasan, if there is indeed a Hell, I hope that you sir, suffer the WORST of rottenness while you ROT in Hell!!!"


Changing the subject, but speaking of HEAT...

Have you seen the cover of the November 23rd issue of Newsweek Magazine. Sarah Palin is on that cover and wouldn't all mothers of five children like to look THIS good?!? Mama-Mia!!!

Palin is currently on the book tour, a tour that has (so far) included interviews with Oprah Winfrey and Barbara Walters about Palins hot-selling new book that's titled, "Going Rogue: An American Life".

I haven't read the book yet, but I intend to.

Unless she is willing to sit down and learn about a lot more stuff than being "folksy", I don't think she has a ghost's chance in hell of being a serious 2012 presidential candidate, but I hope she tries to be, because it would be fun to watch her try.

And Speaking Of 2012 Presidential Candidates...

DICK CHENEY?!?!?

Let me say that again! Dick Cheney!

Despite all the heart problems he's had, there is serious underground rumbling about CHENEY running for the top spot in 2012. Just because there's "rumbling" doesn't mean it'll happen, but still....

CURRENT PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA???

Oh yeah, President Obama figures to want to run for reelection in 2012, but for him to be reelected, the view here is that right now he is good at "talking the talk", but he better soon learn how to "WALK THE WALK"!!!

I voted for him, but I could be convinced to vote for someone else next time if he doesn't prove he's capable of the ability to "Man-Up"!!!

Speaking Of Man-ing (did I just invent a word?) Up???

What is it with these good looking guys who have lots to lose who cheat on their wives? I'm not talking about the cheating itself, I'm talking about who it is they choose to cheat WITH!?!

I mean, President Clinton and the guy who used to be the General Manager of the Mets and then lost a great gig with ESPN because of some ugly babe...Former presidential candidate, John Edwards...I mean the list goes on and on and on!!!

What is it? Do some guys, when they touch their zippers, suddenly go blind?!? Or is it perhaps when SHE touches their zippers?

Whatever it is, Yo, Horndogs!!! Clinton managed to escape (but he still went through hell, politically and otherwise), but the rest of you guys need to remember how you got to where you got to. By keeping your EYES on the PRIZE!!! What you jokers have been settling for is the "Booby Prize" and I'm not talking about great breasts.

Entertainment notes...

If you haven't checked out "The Good Wife" yet, you're missing out on some terrific television. Last night's episode was particularly good, but it seems every episode is better than the last one. "The Good Wife" is on CBS every Tuesday night at 10pm, 9pm, Central time.

Tonight's "Mercy" on NBC was great with new and interesting twists and tonight's "Glee" on Fox, really took some interesting turns. And as long as they keep singing on that show, they can take as many turns as they want because to me, the singing is that good. The way they tie the songs into the twists and turns is (to me), uber cool. "Glee" is on Fox, Tuesday nights at 9, 8, Central time. "Mercy" is on NBC Tuesday nights at 8, 7, Central time.

R.I.P., actor Dennis Cole. I knew him for more than 30 years. He starred in several television series', he guest starred on many others, he was married to Jaclyn Smith when she was a "Charlie's Angel" and when he died a couple of days ago, he was doing well in Florida as a real estate guy. He was 69 and lived a good life.

QUESTIONS AND OR COMMENTS? Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. If you write to the blog, I won't know your email address and that means I won't be able to respond to you. All emails sent to scottstjames@sbcglobal.net will be responded to by me. All "Anonymous" emails will be ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?

Unless something unforseen comes up, a week from today.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home