Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bad New Gallup Poll For President Obama!! Italian Newspapers Denounce The Pope!! "Value Added Tax"?! A Bad "Look At Me" Stunt By Ryan Seacrest!!!

One of the topics last week was the "gripe" expressed by some Tea Party people about the feeling that poor people were being treated much better by the Obama administration than middle class and rich people and the biggest complaint seemed to be about children. Specifically, that poor adults who can't take care of themselves without government assistance money, are having children that will result in these poor adults getting MORE government money.

As I stated last week, I think the Tea Party people have a legitimate gripe. I also think something should be done about it, but I don't know exactly what CAN be done about it that's legal or wouldn't cause a lot of people to raise holy hell about any "solution" that comes to my mind.

So I asked if any of you readers had any thoughts on this subject.

I received a few responses/ideas from people who didn't want their responses/ideas printed, but one long time reader tied this problem into the illegal immigration problem and granted me permission to print his response. As you will see, this responding reader is also in favor of the new Arizona law involving illegal immigrants. As I stated in last week's blog, I'm in favor of the new Arizona law as well.

This response comes from a long time reader of this blog who also happens to be a man I've known for a lot of years. In fact, when I was on television every night, I worked with one of his children.

Bill Mouzis is his name. Decorated World War II veteran. And for those of you who know your Rock 'n Roll Radio history, you know about what was known as "Boss Radio". And here in Los Angeles, the "Boss Radio" station was 93/KHJ. And Bill Mouzis was the "Boss Engineer" during that legendary station's glory years. I got here too late for KHJ, but I did manage to work a little with Bill when he was at Gene Autry's KMPC in the 80's. Bill Mouzis was revered by a large number of radio people who ended up in the Radio Hall of Fame, because these Hall of Famer's knew that Bill Mouzis was a big reason they "shined" while they were broadcasting.

Okay...That's a little bit of Bill Mouzis's background. As I've learned, he's also whacha call, "A Concerned Citizen". Lifetime Catholic, but very disappointed in church leaders who dragged their feet on this pedophile priest business. I could go on and on, but here's what he wrote regarding the gripe expressed by the Tea Party people;

Scott,

As for children of the poor, you are dealing with God's creation, something that has to be carefully dealt with because the children themselves are not to blame.
Let us be downright realistic about this whole thing and recognize it as an illegal immigrant problem of Hispanic origin that enables these poor people to irresponsibly rely on the U.S. tax paying public to support them as they carelessly have more children than they can ever afford or support, even in their own country.

Certainly mandatory abortions cannot be considered nor castration be forced on poor fathers. Quite frankly, solving the illegal immigration problem with proper arrests and deportations would certainly alleviate the need for the U.S. taxpayer to literally raise these children. Controlling it by deportation is obviously the most difficult to accomplish, but then again, if we can send people to the moon or give away billions of dollars in supporting two wars and also giving it to the rich banks and corporations, we certainly can find a means to send them back to their countries in an orderly fashion.

Amnesty does nothing for the problem, but rewards it, and enables it to continue. We can no longer afford to be the world's keeper.

Bill Mouzis

Thanks for your thoughts, Bill.

So...Bill thinks deportation is the answer.

But what about adult citizens who were born here and are poor? Poor, adult American citizens who receive government assistance. Poor, adult American citizens who receive additional government assistance for children they have that they can't afford to support.

Look, when the subject of children born to illegals in this country are given automatic citizenship status IN this country argument comes up, I want to PUKE! I've said it before and I'll say it again; THAT law needs to be OUT-lawed and CHANGED!!!

Common sense tells us that poor LEGAL citizens here who are getting our tax money so they can survive are citizens who should NOT be allowed to have CHILDREN they can't afford!

Bill Mouzis is right when he says mandatory abortions can't be considered. All sorts of holy hell would be raised about that and the holiest of hell would come from Catholic Church leaders who (in essence) did nothing about pedophile priests, but they'd be all over some sort of mandatory abortion statute and you know what? I WOULD AGREE WITH THEM!

I believe Bill is also right when he says castration can't be forced upon poor fathers.

I've thought about this a lot lately and here's what I'm kicking around in MY mind...

MANDATORY ADOPTIONS!

I don't know exactly how something like this would be worded to make it legal, but in essence, here's what I would like the law to state. "If you and your spouse or companion are too poor to support yourselves and you require (and receive) government assistance money, you cannot add children to your home. If you DO have a child while you're still accepting government assistance money because you can't support yourselves, you will be required to give up that child for adoption. No ifs ands or buts."

Okay...That's my idea for a solution to this problem.

I will wholeheartedly read any thoughts and or comments YOU have about this. Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net

HEADLINES IN ITALIAN NEWSPAPERS AREN'T FAVORABLE TO THE POPE!

This outrageous pedophile priest business isn't going away anytime soon. In Italian newspapers, the Pope and his associates are seeing headlines like the two examples I'm about to give you; "THE VATICAN MUST PAY FOR ITS SINS" and... "ARREST PAPA RATZINGER".

As a matter of fact, newspapers all over Europe are on top of this scandal. Here in the United States, the Pope's popularity poll numbers have dropped dramatically, but he's not the only world leader who's having poll problems.

A brand new Gallup Poll shows President Obama's fifth quarterly poll score to be a 48.8% job approval. By comparison, George W. Bush's fifth quarterly poll score was 78.5%, the best in modern history.

But also by comparison, Jimmy Carter's fifth quarterly poll score was 48% and Ronald Reagan's fifth quarterly poll score was 46.3%.

As the late and great sportscaster Jim Healy used to say, "I don't make 'em up, pally!"

And speaking of President Obama...

Did you hear about this V.A.T. that's being considered by President Obama? Those are the initials for the words, "Value Added Tax".

I can't explain it to you because it's complicated. But it's not too complicated for me to not know that it's scary as hell.

Gang, we all need to stay on top of our elected representatives about this.

I know we have a "deficit" we need to get under control and maybe this Value Added Tax won't be as painful as it sounds like it might be, but if we need to do something drastic to try to improve our deficit, I have two ideas that (to me) wouldn't be painful. And those ideas are....

GET THE HELL OUT OF IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN!!!

And speaking of President Obama, 2....

What I'm about to do now is to explain where a little joke about President Obama was sent to me from and then I'll tell the joke. If you're a long time reader of this blog, you know that I'm a lifetime Republican who voted for Obama. When you read this joke, you might think I've changed my mind about President Obama. Well, I haven't. Not yet. I'm printing this joke because it made me laugh. And I hope it makes you laugh, too. No matter what your political preference is.

This joke will be a lot shorter than my explanation of who sent it to me will be.

Ron Rice sent me this joke. I've known Ron since the day he hired me to be the M.C. of a beauty pageant he was sponsoring in the mid 80's. I would eventually be interested in writing a script about his life that would hopefully be made into a film. When he found out how thorough I was becoming regarding my research, I think he began to have second thoughts because all of a sudden, people I was trying to interview, developed cases of "lockjaw".

But we have remained friends and just before he sold his business, he invited me to be a judge for a big beauty pageant he was sponsoring in Las Vegas in, I think, 2006 or 2007 or so.

Ron Rice was a chemistry teacher who invented the suntan lotion known as Hawaiian Tropic.

He became known as (among other things) "The Hugh Hefner of Daytona Beach".

He has a mansion in Ormond Beach, Florida which is right next to Daytona. The Atlantic Ocean is walking distance from his mansion and I know this because when I visited there, I did my daily workout runs on the sand there. Among other amenities, his mansion features a stream you walk around. But what his mansion was really known for, was the large amount of beautiful women who were always there. No one ever needed to ask Ron why he was always smiling. Or, from time to time, exhausted. Yeah, he was smiling then, too.

If you're a guy, you're bound to have seen at least one of his beauty pageants, because most of them were televised.

Ron Rice sold Hawaiian Tropic a few years ago and he's now in a modeling kind of business with his beautiful daughter, Sterling.

And yeah, he's still smiling.

Ron Rice also sent me this joke;

Dear Lord,

This year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayzie. You took my favorite actress, Farah Fawcett. You took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson. I just wanted to let you know, my favorite president is Barack Obama. Amen.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF...

I'll get to the Ryan Seacrest story in a minute.

Question for CBS: Are we ever going to see a new episode of "The Good Wife" again? I mean, it's rerun after rerun after rerun. And that's bound to cause a lot of people to do some kind of run to another channel. Like NBC where "Parenthood" is showing new episodes or FX where "Justified" is showing new episodes. Those two shows I just mentioned are both on at the same "The Good Wife" is and both of those shows are very GOOD shows!

What was it? Four months before Fox showed a new episode of "Glee"? Well, they're back and back with a bang! Jane Lynch's portrayal of "Sue Sylvester" is uber cool and so is the whole show. Tuesday nights, right after "American Idol" on Fox.

Are you watching (what are) the final episodes of "24"? I've seen every episode of "24" and I'm really happy to see they're going out with their guns blazing.

Did you watch the "Idol Gives Back" show on Fox tonight? This is something that "American Idol" has been doing for a few years now. The two guests at the beginning of tonight's show were President Barack Obama and his wife. Some major, major entertainers performed, we saw examples of what the charity money is being used for and yes, it was also "elimination night", meaning that another singing contestant was voted off the show.

And now there are six still standing and dreaming of becoming the next "American Idol".

If you're a regular viewer of "American Idol", there's a good chance you think that Crystal Bowersox will be the eventual winner. She's certainly the favorite, but she isn't my favorite. My favorite is the singer that the judges "don't get". Siobhan Magnus. I mean, I really like her!

The singer who was sent home tonight was Tim Urban and that brings me to the Ryan Seacrest story I alluded to in the headline(s) of this blog.

Ryan, oh Ryan, oh Ryan!!!

I am told that a lot of blogs and entertainment magazines have recently been running with the same story-line which is (in essence), "What's up with Ryan Seacrest?"

Because Seacrest has a highly rated a morning radio show here in Los Angeles, my good friend and LARadio.com owner/publisher, Don Barrett became interested in these new "Seacrest stories" and then he did a little investigating. He saw a story I wrote on the 17th of February about some Seacrest "strangeness" and then Barrett wrote a story in LARadio.com in which he stated that I have a "good sniffer" when it comes to stories like this and to strengthen his observation, he cited television and radio commentaries I had/have done in the past.

Thank you very much, my friend and here comes another Seacrest story that all these hot shot writers who sit very close to the judges and performers "didn't get" how wrong Seacrest was and why he was wrong... Orrrr... if they did "get it", were too scared to run with it because they were afraid they'd lose their good seats.

It involves the performer who was voted off the show tonight. Tim Urban.

Urban has been a judges "whipping boy" for most of the time he was on the show, but he took their criticisms with a smile (I mean, this dude was always smiling) and he was becoming known as a "teflon" kind of performer because nothing "stuck" and he always managed to get enough votes to make it to the next round. And that was exasperating to the judges and they made it clear it was exasperating.

Before I go any further, I feel the need to say that I do not think Urban was ever a serious candidate to be the next "American Idol", but what Ryan Seacrest did to Tim Urban on "Elvis night", April 13, was off the charts unfair and the fact that Seacrest has never publicly been called out on it is exasperating to me!

I wasn't at the show, so I didn't see what happened or I would have written about this a week ago. What happened was not shown on television, either. There was a mention of Seacrest saying something about a little of what happened in the L.A. Times the next day, but there was no elaboration the likes of which I'm going to give you right now.

Shortly after Urban began singing, Ryan Seacrest, for reasons known only to himself, decided to dance with someone. I believe it was a guy, but no matter. He was dancing with someone and people in the audience started laughing. Tim Urban stated later that evening that he was distracted because he heard the laughter and out of the corner of his eye, saw what was going on. Urban, doing the "show must go on" thing, finished his song, said nothing about what Ryan had done and none of the judges asked him about it.

Here's my take....Tim Urban, judges whipping boy, is one of the seven final contestants, he's singing for "his life" and a clown, who should absolutely know better, decides to dance, didn't stop when the laughter distraction began and after Urban finished singing, Seacrest (out loud) thanked his dance partner for "the dance".

When Tim Urban heard the laughter and saw what was going on while he was singing, he would have become my hero for life if he would have immediately done one thing; Stopped singing! And then, while looking straight at Seacrest saying something like, "The audience seems to be enjoying what you're doing, Ryan. Why don't we just have the musicians start up again and when you're finished, let me know and I'll start singing again."

Because of the high stakes and the Urban "back story", a "back story" Seacrest was very aware of, what Seacrest did, to me, was despicable.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I can hear some of you saying, "Lighten up, Scott! You said it yourself! This guy wasn't going to win anyway!!! Seacrest was just having a little fun!"

Here's a news-flash, folks! What happened last Tuesday night is anther example of what has caused other writers to ask the question, "What's up with Ryan Seacrest?"

And here's the answer; The same thing that began happening on or about February 17. Ryan Seacrest's mirror has convinced him he IS "American Idol"!

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you immediately. If you write to the blog, there's no way for me know what your email address is, so I won't be able to respond to you. Again... scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond immediately. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring something unforseen, late next Wednesday night, April 28. And maybe THEN I'll finally write the piece on "death".



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home