Thursday, August 30, 2012

Clint Eastwood??? Sarah Palin Continues To Complain!!! Paul Ryan's Fibs!!! Republican and Democrat Conventions are filled with Baloney Merchants!!! "2016: Obama's America"!!!

Hi everybody!

Because of two projects I have to address, I'm writing another EARLY blog which means I won't have seen what Mitt Romney says tonight.   Subscribers won't get this blog until sometime between 3 and 5 tomorrow morning and now you know why I won't have written something about Romney's speech.

I'm sure that the "headlines" above have your attention, but before we "get busy", I want to call your attention to a couple of other things.

Larry King.   We all know who he is, right?   He probably doesn't remember this, but he had me on his national radio show as a guest 30-years ago.

Larry King will be the featured guest at the PPB luncheon, September 21 at The Sportsman's Lodge in Studio City, California.   The dining room and bar opens at 11am and the luncheon begins at 12:15.   PPB stands for Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters and I'm proud to say that I am a Board Member of this fine organization.   You usually have to be a member to show up at these luncheons, but THIS luncheon will allow broadcast professionals who AREN'T members to join us.   And you will pay what we all pay.   $40 for the lunch and $7 if you want valet parking.  

For more information, you can click on this link;   http://tinyurl.com/ppblarryking

As Bob Barker used to say, "Come on DOWN!!!"

The other thing I want to call your attention to is a version of the Star Spangled Banner I had never heard and was sent to me by three people.    After listening to it, here's how good I think this version is.   I think it is a version that should be played and sung at a future Super Bowl.   

If YOU would like to hear it, here's the link;  
http://tinyurl.com/ssbchallenge

By the way, if you click on the link, hang in there.   It starts out slow, but it sure as heck doesn't end that way.    I'm a veteran who did a little tour of duty in Southeast Asia and I'm not at all insulted by this version.   In fact, I LOVE it!!!

Okay...Let's get busy!

Headline #1:   Clint Eastwood???

Fox News is reporting that Clint Eastwood will be tonight's surprise speaker at the Republican Convention.   I'm a huge Eastwood fan, but I can't help but wonder if the people who made this happen know what good ol' "Dirty Harry" said about Mitt Romney to a Los Angeles Times reporter a few short weeks ago.   He said (in essence) he'd consider hiring Romney to play a "president" in a film, but he most definitely wouldn't vote for Romney.   In that same conversation, he said he has no problem with same sex marriages, which is something the Romney people seem to be against.

The first question that comes to my mind is this;   "Is Clint a brother flip-flopper of Romney's?"

Just askin'.

Headline #2:   Sarah Palin continues to complain!

At first she was upset because she wasn't invited to be a speaker at the Republican Convention.   Now she's upset because she wasn't allowed to go with the Fox News people to the convention and to participate in the on-air conversations.

No mystery, folks.    If it's a mystery to her, well, I guess we simply chalk it off to Sarah being Sarah.

Headline #3:   Paul Ryan's Fibs!!!

I haven't watched any of this convention, so I didn't see or hear Ryan's speech last night.   I do plan to watch Romney's speech tonight and the only thing I'll watch at the Democrat Convention is Obama's speech.

A significant number of people wrote me emails about Ryan's speech.   Fibs were described, I wasn't surprised and let's face it folks;   In addition to having become a "flip-flopper" his own-self because of Romney being his boss, what jumps out at me about Ryan is him believing in the so-called "trickle down theory" that has NEVER worked.   Even Reagan guy David Stockman who was the architect of that theory admits it didn't work.   And Ryan has people believing he's some kind of economic genius?!?

I don't think so.

Headline #4:   Republican and Democrat Conventions are filled with Baloney Merchants!!!

And that's why I haven't been watching this convention and won't be watching the next convention except for when the presidential candidates will be giving THEIR speeches!

Headline #5:   "2016: Obama's America"!!!

I'm guessing you've heard about this.   It's a new documentary film that has surprised a lot of people because of the amount of tickets that have been sold.  The number isn't anything like the numbers a Batman film gets, but for a documentary film, the numbers are impressive.

I haven't seen the film (yet) because there were very few theatres that have been showing it.   That's about to change.   All across the country.

One thing I do know about this film is that there is (supposedly) a segment in it that makes the claim that Obama hates America.

REALLY?!?   And this is verifiable because...???

Here's my reaction to THAT!   I want to have access to a polygraph and hook the producer of this film and Obama to that machine and only one question being asked.   I'll guaran-damn-tee-ya that the producer doesn't come out smelling too well if that could somehow be made to happen.

Gang, I understand people who have views about Obama not being their kind of president, etc., etc. and wanting a change, but to use "He Hates America" being the reason they want a presidential change can be described with one word;   STUPID!!!

Just sayin'.

Okay....So far, lots of heavy stuff.    Let's dial it down a little.

With a little bit of sports....

The new NFL season is about to begin.   Next Wednesday, September 5th, the Super Bowl champion NY Giants will be hosting the Dallas Cowboys and you'll be able to watch the game on NBC.

Good news for those of us who are baseball fans here in the Los Angeles area.   Long time Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully will be back for another year.   He's (I think) 84 years old and has been with the Dodgers for (I think) 60+ years and he's still the most entertaining play by play guy in America.

And as long as I'm talking about baseball announcers, I want to add something.   I've had the pleasure of listening to some great broadcasters and great broadcasting teams.    Jack Buck with Mike Shannon in St. Louis was my favorite baseball announcing team for many years, but my favorite now is the team of Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday here in Los Angeles.   These guys are so good they often finish each other's sentences.   And no, they're not married to each other.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

TV stuff followed by three films I saw since our last blog.

The second episode of the second season of "Boss" on STARZ was, in my view, sensational.   When the episode ended, I yelled some words in my living room;   "God, this show is GOOOOD!!!"   You can see it on Friday nights.

The season finale of "The Newsroom" on HBO was also (in my view) sensational.   Fans of the show, like me, have a lot to think about regarding how the first episode of their second season begins.   I can hardly wait.

The season finale of "True Blood" on HBO?   Strange.   Very strange.

The three films I saw...

A lot of you probably saw the film "The Hangover" a couple of years or so ago.   It was a big hit.   Last night, I saw, on cable, "The Hangover Part 2".   What a waste of good talent.

Yesterday afternoon, I saw the new film, "Cosmopolis" which stars Robert Pattinson, the guy who got a lot of publicty when it was revealed that his girlfriend, actress Kristen Stewart had cheated on him with a film director.   And now Pattinson is cheating the rest of us with this very strange film.   The film finally gets some "life" in it near the end when actor Paul Giamatti shows up and gives a performance that in my view is a Supporting Actor Oscar nomination possibility.

And now the 3rd film.   A film I saw this morning.   "Lawless".

This film is based on a true story that took place in a small town.   For lack of a better description (my bad), I'll describe it as a very dangerous "White Lightning" kind of story.

The casting was perfect and there's no way you will fall asleep while watching this.   A lot of violence, but to me, this was/is a damn good film.   It stars Shia La Beouf, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Jessica Chastain, Guy Pearce and a very good group of supporting players.

Guy Pearce plays the role of guy you would never want to see walking towards you.   Jessica Chastain plays the role of a woman that any man would fall in love with.

I could go on and on about "Lawless", but I'll simply say I liked it a lot.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I'll respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't be able to respond to you.   As long time readers know, I respond to everyone except those who refer to themselves as "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, late next Thursday night, September 6 or very early Friday morning, September 7.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and always (please) remember:   AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home