Thursday, November 08, 2012

THE ELECTION!!! Don Barrett's LARadio.com has ENDED!!! Annnd...Other Stuff!!!

Hi Gang!!!

Are you happy we won't be dealing with any more elections for a while?

I am.

If you read my last blog, you know that I didn't make a prediction.  

But I was also clear with my thoughts about Mitt Romney being our big mistake if he ended up being elected.

Confession:   I quietly thought that Romney would win because of the constant B.S. that had been shoveled at Obama.   Also all the money that had been shoveled Romney's way.

As we ended up learning, the majority of voters didn't buy the B.S. and they made it clear that this election wasn't "for sale".

Time for a new strategy Karl Rove.   And you, Mr. Norquist.   And you, Koch brothers.   And you other uber-rich folks who are now wondering what happened to their "investment"?

Easy answer.   Next time you need to buy a guy who isn't an unpredictable flip-flopper.   It'll also help if you "dial it down" on B.S. you never would have saddled a "different" candidate with.  

It ain't the 50's anymore.   And it never will be again.   Bob Dylan TOLD us;   "The times....They are a changin'!"

I know...Most of us, if not all of us, tend to hate "change".   I tend to hate it as well.

We can't stop it, folks.   We just gotta accept it and deal with it.

Confession #2:   This lifetime Republican (me) crossed the aisle and voted for Obama 4-years ago.   On Election Day, I made a "protest vote".   I voted for Ron Paul.  

WHY?!?   At the end of every blog I write, I write these two words;   AMERICA FIRST!!!

I honestly believe that for financial survival reasons it's time for us to draw a line in the sand and stop being The World's Policeman and The World's Kitchen.

All this talk about raising taxes or lowering taxes or building a new aircraft carrier, etc. is not the answer(s) to reducing our "dangerous debt" anytime soon.   Those kinds of "solutions" will get us back in the "black" for WHAT length of time if WE'RE LUCKY?!?   20-years?   Longer?

If we stop being The World's Policeman and The World's Kitchen, how long do you think it would be for our deficit to be very small again?   I think it would be 4-6 years tops.   Maybe (even) less than that.

Do our politicians have the courage to do this?   Based on the past, probably not.   Too many of our politicians are bought and paid for by corporations who make tons of money because of money we spend for wars, etc.

Would doing something like this damage our "National Interests"?   This is where "serious diplomacy" comes into play.   Behind closed doors conversations with leaders of other countries in which we explain to these leaders that we (The United States of America) are facing a financial crisis and we absolutely have to (dramatically) change our ways regarding global assistance.   And we also tell them that as soon as our financial situation is in much better shape than it is now, we can return to being the good ol' benevolent country we always have been.   But with some new "rules" in play.  Quid pro quo rules.

I watched every second of all the debates.   The Republican debates and the presidential debates.   Ron Paul was the only candidate who expressed the "America First" position.   

It is my belief that in these terrible economic times we are facing and with our national debt rising at alarming rates, it is time....way PAST time....to do something dramatic....something like AMERICA FIRST!!!

I welcome your thoughts and or comments about what I've written.   And the way to write to me is at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net

A TRIBUTE TO A LOCAL GUY:

I live in Los Angeles, California but most of my readers live in other cities, states and foreign countries.   I write very little about local stuff, but in this case I'm making an exception before writing about other things you might be interested in.

For the last 20-years, we have had a radio columnist who has been a local "treasure".   Don Barrett is his name and he's been the owner-publisher of LARadio.com.    People in the broadcasting business have enjoyed his columns because he has covered (with passion) everything that's been happening here.   The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, if you will.   But never with a mean pen in his hand.

In addition to his daily columns, he has also written three books about L.A. Radio people.   Those who are working and those who might not (now) be working but are people who made an impact here.

LA Radio people who died during this time?    Don Barrett attended all the funerals and he wrote about these people because he didn't want anyone to forget them.

I admit it.   Don Barrett's a friend of mine.   I met him just before he began LA Radio.com.   But what I'm writing has nothing to do with friendship.   He recently got married to a woman named Cheri who I will simply refer to as a "Cool Chick".   LARadio.com was Don's 5th career.   He is ending this career so that he and Cheri can have some honeymoon fun in Manhattan.   When he and she finally decide to return, he will be exploring opportunities that could result in his 6th career.

Don, on behalf of all your readers, you are gonna be missed big time.

We look forward to seeing you (again) when you return from The Big Apple.

OTHER STUFF:

In no particular order....

Have you heard about this Rush Limbaugh movie that's in the works.   A well known actor named John Cusack is putting this together and Cusack will apparently be playing the role of Rush.

If and when this film is made, I will be one of the first people in line to buy a ticket because I'll be interested in seeing if there's mention of where he was raised, how he came to think the way he does and his relationships with women.

Is the Tea Party something that anyone cares about now?   Just askin'.

"Hurricane Sandy".   A lot of people think that "Hurricane Sandy" helped Obama.   The honest to goodness thing that came to my mind when I heard the complaining about that hurricane helping Obama was this;   It's said that God works in mysterious ways.

Yo, Mitch McConnell!    What was that "most important thing we want to achieve" declaration you stated on the first week (or day) of Obama's presidency?  Should we soon be looking forward to another declaration from you?

Is it true that Donald Trump and Sarah Palin are now an item of some kind?

LIGHTER STUFF:

A couple of weeks or so ago, I watched a David Letterman show and I saw an interview he did with Taylor Swift and after that, I saw Taylor Swift sing a new song from her "Red" album/DVD.   I was aware of the fact that she is a big Country music star who has won a lot of awards and that she has sold a lot of records.   Other than that, I knew nothing about her.   Her conversation with David Letterman was (to me) off the charts adorable.   And when I saw her sing, I then understood what "all the shouting's about".

This past Saturday afternoon, I had the pleasure of attending a private screening of the new film, "Flight".   Three Oscar winners are involved.   Director Robert Zemeckis and actors Denzel Washington and Melissa Leo.  Other actors in the film are John Goodman, Don Cheadle, Kelly Reilly, Bruce Greenwood, Brian Geraghty, Tamara Tunie and James Badge Dale.

If you've seen the ad clips for this film, you know there's a plane crash.  But after that crash, we see what's a heavy-heavy film about addiction.   Heavy except when John Goodman shows up for three or four scenes.   Goodman's getting serious Oscar consideration for his role in "Flight", but I think he'll also get Oscar consideration for two other films he's been in this year.

As I stated, this is a heavy-heavy film about addiction.   And I strongly recommend it.   I liked the film a lot.   And so did the more than hundred people I was sitting with.

TV shows since last week's blog?   More terrific performances from "The Good Wife", "Revenge", "Dexter", "Revolution", "The Mob Doctor", "Nashville" and "Elementary", a show that will get a time slot that every show would like to have on February 3.   Right after the Super Bowl.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?

Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't be able to respond to you.   I respond to everyone unless you refer to yourself as "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?

Barring unforseen circumstances, late Thursday night, November 15 or very early Friday morning, November 16.

Meanwhile I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and that you're on board with the hope that we soon declare, "AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home