Thursday, January 03, 2013

Guns!!! Hillary!!! Boy Scouts!!! Sean Hannity!!! Afghanistan!!! Ryan Seacrest & Jenny McCarthy!!! Annnd...NFL Playoffs!!!

Hi Gang!   This will be our first blog since the end of November.   Did you have a nice Christmas?   Are you feeling happy about the New Year?   I hope your answers are "Yes!" and YES!"

A lot has happened since our last blog.   That terrible business in Connecticut...All the talk about "Guns"... All the talk about creepy Boy Scout leaders...The "Fiscal Cliff"...And the rest of the stuff that you see in our headlines at the top of this page.

At my end, during the last month or so, has involved me seeing a lot of new films.   I'm an Awards Judge and I finished my voting earlier today.

In the next few weeks I will be tied up with other showbiz responsibilities and I believe I will no longer be writing a weekly blog because of these responsibilities.   Maybe twice a month.   Maybe once a month.   But if things slow down, maybe every week again.  Translation?   I don't know.

What I DO know is that I'm writing a blog NOW!   Soooo...Let's get busy!!!

THE CONNECTICUT BUSINESS:   We were all shocked when we learned about that guy who killed 20 kids and 6 or 7 adults at a school in Newtown, Connecticut.   Normally, that's a very peaceful area.   Many years ago, I worked in Hartford and I remember how peaceful it was.   The children and adults were killed by bullets.   This happened on the 14th of December.   Since that day, an average of 18 people have been shot and killed by bullets.

There is now a lot of talk about "gun control".   Members, executives and supporters of the NRA are dead set against any new laws regarding guns.   There's also a lot of talk from these people about being afraid that our government will somehow start taking our guns away from us.

Hmmmm....I'M an NRA Supporter and have been for many, many years!

Our government taking our guns away from us?   Ain't gonna happen.   That's paranoia talk.   This NRA supporter (me) knows in my heart of hearts that no "big brother" is gonna come knocking down my door and taking my guns away from me.   But some kind of new tough law or laws that will (at least) slow down the easy way mentally weak people seem to be able to buy guns?   I don't have a problem with that.

THE "FISCAL CLIFF":   Do we all UNDERSTAND this?   Completely?   I don't.   Something got passed a couple of days ago, but we're told that some other Fiscal Cliff stuff will be argued about and voted on a couple of months or so from now.   In other words, it appears that we have elected a bunch of people who are CLUELESS!!!  

And speaking of "clueless"...A lot of people who should have known better said a lot of bad things about Hillary Clinton after it was announced she had fallen and hurt herself.   The accusations thrown her way had to do with these small minded idiots saying that she was "faking it" because she didn't want to do any testifying.   Oops!   Now that doctors have let it be known she had a blood clot between her brain and skull....

And Mrs. Clinton has let it be known she WILL be testifying if her small minded congress people still want her to.

BOY SCOUTS and some VERY BAD LEADERS who have been EXPOSED!!!:   Just when some of us thought stuff like this was mostly a "renegade priest" kind of thing...

Sick Boy Scout leaders taking advantage of young boys in a sexual way?!?   Now THERE'S a good reason to have gun packin' people available for some Wild West Justice!

Just sayin'.

SOME QUICK HITS:   
Afghanistan!!!   Why on earth are we still THERE?!?  They don't like us, some of them are killing people who were trying to help their own citizens who had polio, we can't change these people because they don't want to be changed....And we're still THERE?!?   Our soldiers are killed on a daily basis for WHAT?!?   A way for our weapons manufacturers to make more money?

Just askin'...

SEAN HANNITY:   After the presidential election ended, he has lost 50% of his viewers and that number is climbing.

RYAN SEACREST and JENNY McCARTHY:   Did you see the New Year's show on ABC?   This was the first time I had watched it.   I thought Ryan did a good job, I loved Taylor Swift's performances, but the person who big time surprised me was Jenny McCarthy.   This is a woman who is primarily known for being a person who has posed for Playboy two times.   In other words, she's "famous for being famous".   I don't know what Ryan Seacrest was thinking when he hired her, but he was right.   McCarthy was on camera a lot.   And I loved every second of it.   She was enthusiastic with a capital "E".   Yo, Ryan!   Bring her back NEXT year!

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Four NFL Playoff Games this weekend.   Saturday, Cincinnati will play at Houston and Minnesota will play at Green Bay.   On Sunday, Indianapolis will play at Baltimore and Seattle will play at Washington.

Films:   I had the pleasure of seeing a lot of new films over the last few months.   Here are just a few that I really liked.   "Django Unchained"..."Silver Linings Playbook"..."Argo"..."Flight"...and "The Sessions".  

And here are a few actor performances I really liked.   John Goodman in "Argo" and "Flight"...Denzel Washington in "Flight"...Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro in "Silver Linings Playbook"...Jessica Chastain in "Zero Dark Thirty"...Tommy Lee Jones in "Lincoln"...Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington and Samuel L. Jackson in "Django Unchained"...John Hawkes and Helen Hunt in "The Sessions" and last, but certainly not least, Anne Hathaway in "Les Miserables".

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I'll respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address.   I respond to everyone unless you identify yourself as "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Hopefully late Thursday night, January 10 or early Friday morning, January 11.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and that 2013 will be the year we've all been waiting for.

And if you're with me, don't forget...AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home