Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Tiger Woods and his B.O.G.'s!!!

Didn't Tiger Woods learn anything when he saw what happened to Michael Jordan? Not to mention any number of other guys he could have learned something from. Guys like him (Tiger), who because of the charmed life they've lived, begin to believe they're (he's) BULLETPROOF!!!

Oh, in case you hadn't heard, Tiger Woods has apparently been having sexual relations with women who aren't his wife. Big, big story about it in the December 14 issue of Us Weekly.

During most of the last 30+ years, I've lived in the Los Angeles area. And before taking a shot at acting, I was seen on television every night here while performing duties as a sports anchor. Trust me...If you're a guy who's on television every night ANYWHERE, it's not hard to get a date. When you're on television every night in Los Angeles (HOLLYWOOD), it's pretty darn easy. Being a visible minor celebrity (like I was) is like catnip to a breed of cat I came up with a name for that became (in my circle of friends) a nickname. "B.O.G.'s". When you say it outloud, it's, "Bog's" As in "BEST OFFER GIRLS".

If "hooking up" with some of the most attractive women on the planet was easy for a minor celebrity like me, how easy do you think it is for someone like TIGER WOODS?

Hold on, now! Before I go any further, let me be real clear here. I was single during my "Bog" days and in NO way am I condoning adultery. But I'm also not going to judge people who do "stray". If you get caught by an angry spouse, a few things can happen and most of 'em are whacha call, bad! Like getting the crap kicked out of you which might have happened to Tiger. Or getting shot. Or losing everything you've worked hard for in a divorce! And specifically in Tiger's case, a hit to an "image" you've cultivated for yourself.

A guy like Tiger HAS to be "on guard" when deciding to play with a "B.O.G." I mean, he's a very famous guy. This Jaimee Grubbs person apparently had an off and on affair with Tiger for 31 months. And then when SHE felt like SHE was being "cheated on", went to Us Weekly and got herself a very nice payday for telling her story. Hmmm....What kind of girl might do THAT?!? Hmmmm.....A "Best Offer Girl"? Ya think?!?

To verify her story, Bog Jaimee Grubbs had a collection of almost 300 text messages from Tiger, messages that in some cases were sexual in nature.

TIGER WOODS WENT TO STANFORD!!! Smart, SMART guy! But after he was through having himself some "strange", he got as dumb as our L.A. Mayor did and any number of other guys who suddenly don't think with their head(s) above their neck(s), but in fact, are only thinking with the head that's behind the zipper of their pants.

GUYS....And this goes for you gals, too....Long before email, twitter, texting and all the other modern ways to send messages, you had to hand write your message on a piece of paper and mail it or hand deliver it. I bring this up because of something I learned a long time ago from a poet who wrote the following lines; "Say it with flowers, say it with mink, but never, EVER, say it with INK!"

Do you understand what I mean by that? If not, write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I'll do my best to explain it better for you.


PRESIDENT OBAMA IS WRONG!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'm a lifetime Republican who voted for Barack Obama. He's the first Democrat I've ever voted for.

I think he's dead wrong about the Afghanistan business. If he wants to authorize a full bore assault into Pakistan to get Osama bin Laden, I would support that. But this Afghanistan business is crazy! It's an "outlaw land" that the Russians couldn't change and we won't be able to change it, either. And when President Obama says we'll be out of there in 18 months, I don't believe him. I think we're going to end up being stuck having who knows how many troops there for a long, long time.

Senator John McCain has been popping off about how an arbitrary withdrawal date (a stated 18 months from now) is bad because (according to McCain), "The way you win wars is to break the enemy's will."

I read that, take a deep breath and am immediately aware that when a long time McCain supporter who is also a long time reader of this blog and a long time friend of mine reads what I'm about to write, he will get angry, buuuut.....

"The way you win wars is to break the enemy's will."??? And you know this because you've been on the winning side, how many times, Senator McCain? In fact, Senator McCain, like former President George W. Bush is a guy who has "daddy issues". As in, neither one of 'em lived up to their daddy's expectations and in McCain's case, it was a daddy and a granddaddy. Guys who became BIG time Navy Admirals who held very important war command positions. When you clear away the dust, John McCain barely graduated from Annapolis, because he was a reckless pilot he crashed close to 6 planes before his final crash which turned him into professional prisoner of war. What he had to endure as a POW is not to be sneezed at. I can't imagine what that was like. Physically, emotionally and spiritually. But to try to characterize Senator John McCain as a war expert or leader of any kind is a serious stretch of one's imagination.

Personal note: Sorry, McSid.

OTHER STUFF...

In the December 7 issue of Newsweek, columnist Jon Meacham's headline is, "Why Dick Cheney Should Run In 2012".

In last week's blog, I told you there's been a lot of (quiet) talk about this possibility.

Cheney against Obama in 2012? As Meacham points out, "A contest between Dick Cheney and Barack Obama would offer us a bracing referendum on competing visions."

Hard to argue with that, huh? I invite you to read the whole column.

In the December 7 issue of Time, columnist Nancy Gibbs headline is, "The Gospel of Glee. Is the breakout TV show anti-Christian or replete with teachable moments?

I've mentioned this show before. It's "must see" television for me and in less than 3 hours from now, I'll see the new episode of "Glee" which airs Wednesday nights on Fox at 9pm, 8pm Central. After next Wednesday's "Glee", it won't return until April. I think that's because of "American Idol".

And how about all the publicity the new film, "The Blind Side" is getting. Lots and lots of columns have been written about this film because critics seem to be surprised about how big of a hit it has become. As I wrote last week, I LOVED "The Blind Side".

FINALLY....

Charlie O'Donnell is a long time friend of mine. He is also the long time announcer on the television show, "Wheel of Fortune".

I mention this because Charlie sent me an essay that I would like to share with you. An essay titled, "Urine or You're Out".

And it goes like this...

"Like most folks in this country who work, they get paid, pay taxes and the government distributes the taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck though, the worker is required to pass a random urine test (which is no problem).
The problem is when the distribution of the taxes go to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question:

Shouldn't a person have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because the workers do not have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, there is no problem in helping people get back on their feet. There IS a problem though with helping someone sitting on their ass...doing drugs, while others work. Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess that program could be titled, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Really though, something has to change in this country...and soon!!!!!"

Thank you Charlie O'Donnell!

QUESTIONS AND OR COMMENTS?

Write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net. I respond to everyone. If you write to the blog, there is no way for me to know what your email address is, so I can't respond to you. So always write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net ANONYMOUS emails will be ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?

Unless something unexpected comes up, a week from today, which will be the evening of December 9.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home