Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Cure For "Gonorrhea Lectim"!!! The Pope Says, "Forgiveness Is Not A Substitute For Justice!" A Claim By Illegal Immigrants Is INSULTING!!!

Whine, whine, whine!!! Here in Los Angeles, we see editorials in the Los Angeles Times about illegal immigrants, the new law in Arizona and how what these poor "lawbreakers" are being subjected to is comparable to what African Americans went through during the days of slavery and in some cases, even now.

Give me a bleepin' BREAK!!!

I don't think you people at the L.A. Times (and other people who think like you) are stupid, but is it possible I'm wrong? No, not about my views when it comes to lawbreakers, but about you being stupid.

African Americans were forced to be here when they were slaves. And when slavery was abolished, they were still forced to endure indignities like separate water fountains, being forced to ride in back of the bus and being refused to be served in restaurants or being allowed to sleep in motels or hotels.

Illegal immigrants get free health care, their kids get free schooling, etc., on top of etc., on top of etc. No one tells an illegal immigrant they have to ride in back of the bus, drink from a different water fountain, or are refused food and lodging.

African Americans weren't breaking the law when they were here during the slavery days and they aren't breaking the law now. They are American citizens.

Illegal immigrants are NOT American citizens and they are here illegally. Illegal immigrants are lawbreakers. Pure and simple. What the people in Arizona want is for all laws to be enforced. And I agree with the people in Arizona.

Look...I don't like having to take my shoes off in airports or in some cases to experience an electronic or x-ray type search. And if I don't have some kind of legal identification, I'm going to have a problem with the authorities who are asking for that identification. Same deal if I'm stopped by a traffic cop. After seeing my identification, if it's determined I'm some kind of lawbreaker, I will be given a ride to a police station and be forced to soon face a judge.

That's what the people in Arizona voted for. You would think they shouldn't have to vote for something like this, but they did because the federal government law enforcement people were NOT enforcing the laws they were supposed to be enforcing.

It's as simple as that, folks.

And if some of you readers think that what Arizona is doing and what people like me are saying is something (relatively) new, I am now going to share a quote that was sent to me by WWII decorated veteran and 93/KHJ legendary engineer-production guy, Bill Mouzis.

In 1907, Theodore Roosevelt had some thoughts about immigrants and being an American.
And here they are: "In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room but for one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Again....This is quote from Theodore Roosevelt. He said these things in 1907.

There are exceptions to everything, but with our own naked eyes, we see that people who come here illegally are showing us right now, that they don't care about our laws. Far too many of these lawbreakers feel like they don't need to learn how to speak English and far too many of these lawbreakers swear allegiance to other countries by flags that they wave.

And we're supposed to feel sympathy for these people?

In today's Los Angeles Times, Tim Rutten has written a column about illegal immigrants, the new Arizona law and the Los Angeles Lakers' basketball team. It is a column that (to me) gives new definition to the word "misguided". Tim Rutten is a very talented writer, I read his stuff all the time, this isn't the first column he's written about illegal immigrants I disagree with, but (to me) he's gone way overboard this time. Check it out. Who knows? Maybe you'll like it.

Speaking Of Being Sympathetic To Lawbreakers...

First of all, I totally "get" why long time Catholics would want to believe that their church leaders and or priests aren't guilty of what has caused a number of Catholic leaders to authorize hundreds of million dollars in what amounted to "hush money" payments to victims who were abused by priests when they were children.

Pope Benedict XVI is now acknowledging the crimes that have taken place in the past and instead of printing everything the Pope said recently about this subject, I'll simply give you one sentence from what he said; "Forgiveness is not a substitute for justice."

Your Holiness, that says it all for me! I wish you the best!

The Treacherous Arena Known As The POLITICAL Arena!!!

Have you been paying attention to the trouble some long time politicians have been having lately? One thing I definitely agree with the Tea Party People on is the pressure they're applying to politicians who say one thing, but do a different thing or things.

And that brings me to a brand new medical breakthrough that was provided to me by long time blog reader, Dave Acocks who lives in Roxana, Illinois. Dave tells me there's new information about "Gonorrhea Lectim". I'll tell you what the correct pronunciation of this is, but first, here's the latest "good news" about this disease. The Center for Disease Control has issued the following statement:

"The disease is contracted through dangerous and high risk behavior involving putting your cranium up your rectum. Many victims contracted it in 2000, but now most people, after having been infected for the past 10 years, are starting to realize how destructive this sickness is.

It's sad because Gonorrhea Lectim is easily cured with a new drug just coming on the market called, Votemout. You take the first dose in 2010 and the second dose in 2012 and simply don't engage in such behavior again; otherwise, it could become permanent and eventually wipe out all life as we know it.

Please pass this important message on to all those bright folk you really care about."

Thanks for the heads-up, long time blog reader Dave Acocks.

Now I told you I would tell you the correct pronunciation for "Gonorrhea Lectim". It's pronounced, "Gonna re-elect 'em" and the new cure, "Votemout" is pronounced, "Vote 'em out".

I am going to be taking this new medicine and I hope you do.

And Let's Tie THAT In With Another Quote From Long Ago...

But first, let me tell you who sent this to me.

Charlie O'Donnell. Everybody calls him, "Charlie O". I first met Charlie O in the early 80's at what was then the legendary tavern, "Martoni's", which was just off Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. When I met him, Charlie O was a news anchor at a television station here and before that he had been a very successful Top 40 disc jockey while working with Dick Clark and then some big radio stations here. Sometime in the 80's, Charlie O got a new job and he still has that job. He is the off-stage announcer for Pat and Vanna on that huge television show called, "Wheel of Fortune". He is also a reader of this blog and he sent me a quote that I think ties in with what's going on politically these days.

And here is that quote:

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome becomes bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

Who said those words?

Cicero. In 55 BC.

Charlie O asks, "What have we learned in more than 2,064 years?"

And then he answers his own question; "Obviously nothing!!!"

Something to think about, folks. And Charlie O, thanks for sending me this.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF...

A lot of season ending television shows were on last week, and more season enders are on this week and next week.

Last week, it was announced that a show I really liked was being cancelled. "Mercy". I liked that show a lot, but because I taped their season ender, I found out the show had been cancelled before I saw their last show. When I watched it, I could tell that the cast and writers had been "given the word" because this show had a lot sadness attached to it which included main characters going to different places to do different things. The ratings weren't good, but to me, it's just a darn shame that NBC wouldn't take the time to let "Mercy" have the opportunity to "grow".

I thought the season enders of "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers and Sisters" were good and interesting. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens on "Desperate Housewives" next season, but because of cast changes, I'm not so sure about"Brothers and Sisters", a show that used to be my favorite show.

"Law & Order: SVU" showed it's season ender tonight. It was the fourth straight episode in which Sharon Stone played a prosecutor and I think she's been terrific. If Dick Wolf could figure out a way to make her a "permanent hire", I think it would be a great hire.

The season ender for "Grey's Anatomy" will be tomorrow and it will be a two-hour show.

The season ender for "The Good Wife" will be next Tuesday. "The Good Wife" is, in my view, the hands down best show on television.

Other shows that I seldom write about but I'm faithful viewers of, are "House", "Flash Forward", "Justified" and "Glee".

"American Idol"? I stopped watching that show after their most interesting contestant was voted off which was three shows ago. "American Idol" has a huge decision they need to make between now and next January. The hiring of Simon Cowell's replacement. One thing will be dramatically different next season when the "results show" which airs on Wednesdays will be reduced from being a 1-hour show to being a half-hour show.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you immediately. If you write to the blog, there's no way for me to know your email address, so I won't be able to respond to you. Again... scottsjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond immediately. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring unforseen circumstances, the next blog will be posted late next Wednesday night, May 26 or very early on May 27.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home