Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Romney nomination might backfire Big Time! Eliminate the oil tax breaks! Let's deport CEO's who outsource! If it wasn't for bad luck...

Hi Gang! Are you ready for some FOOT-BALL!!! Do most of you care about any of these games except for the Denver at New England game that will be on CBS, Saturday evening at 5, Pacific Time? I mean, how about that Denver-Pittsburgh game last weekend? The "Jesus Guy", Tim Tebow was heroic again. After being terribly UN-heroic in his previous three games. Look, he's not the only one who has religious beliefs, right? I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of the people who read this blog have religious beliefs of one kind or another. Do you publicly remind people of that?

I didn't think so.

And ya know what? I tend to agree with that All-Pro defensive player for the Baltimore Ravens who, along with other NFL players that are saying they would like to see Tim Tebow dial down his multiple public declarations showing him to be "The religious guy". Do you see people doing that in their places of work? No, they don't. Unless they feel a need to do it in a private space.

Just sayin'.

As far as the game itself goes? I'm rooting for Tebow and the Broncos. If Denver beats New England and Baltimore beats Houston, that would mean that Denver would then play at Baltimore and the winner of that game would be going to the Super Bowl. But during that Denver-Baltimore game, the very good defensive player for Baltimore who has criticized Debow will/would be lined up close enough to Tebow for Tebow to see the fire in the eyes of the defensive player who would be trying very hard to knock Tebow to the ground.

THE REPUBLICAN DEBATES:

Three of them before next week's blog is written and posted.

This Saturday, January 14 at 5pm (Pacific Time) on FOX....Monday, January 16, 6pm (Pacific Time) on FOX....And Thursday, January 19, time to be determined, on CNN.

I've lost track of how many debates there have been so far, but these guys continue to put on a good show for us, don't they?

As this is being written, a few of the candidates are attacking Mitt Romney, the candidate who has gotten the most votes so far. Romney is looking more and more like the guy who will be running against Barack Obama. But is Romney the candidate who has the best chance of beating Obama?

I ask this question because this little blog has a lot of readers who are not afraid to share their opinions with me. Most of our readers who have spoken up are readers who don't want Barack Obama to serve a second term. And most of these readers who have spoken up are people who don't want Mitt Romney to be the Republican nominee. WHY? Most seem to feel that Romney is a money hungry empty suit who would enter the White House without any agenda except to see to it that his rich benefactors are taken care of and covered like a blanket.

Hey, that's what he was good at doing when he was working in that so-called "private sector" he keeps bragging about. Seriously folks, is there anything in Mitt Romney's record that leads you to believe that anything he says is something you can count on? I can think of one thing. If you're rich, he'll take care of you. But beyond THAT?!? Gang, Mitt Romney has proven over and over and over again that something he claims to believe in can change immediately. And that happens because? I think it's just in his DNA. It's like he sticks his finger outside, sees which the way the wind is blowing and just like that (for example) he's AGAINST abortion after telling everyone he was in favor of a woman's right to choose.

I'm not in FAVOR of abortion and frankly, I don't know anyone who is. But I do believe in a woman's right to choose.

I would have no problem if the rules regarding abortion were tightened to the point where contraception usage would be encouraged greatly for those women interested in having recreational sex. And having those women demanding that their sex partner(s) use contraception as well. Under a new law, If a woman having recreational sex gets pregnant, getting an abortion would be a legal problem for that woman.

But here's what else I would want in a new law about abortion. If a pregnant woman's life is in danger, she would be entitled to have an abortion, no questions asked.

If a woman has become pregnant after she was raped and she wants an abortion, she gets one, no questions asked.

If a woman has become pregnant because of incest (usually her father) and she wants an abortion, she gets one, no questions asked.

When I see these holier than thou candidates say "No abortion no matter what the circumstances are!", I demand to get an answer to any of these three questions; If she will probably die if she doesn't have an abortion, why are you insisting on her death?

If she's pregnant because of a rape, why should she have to carry the results and the reminder of that rape in her body for many months? The woman's mental health is big time in play unless she chooses for whatever reason to give birth to a child who's father is a rapist.

And if she's pregnant because of incest? Why should she be forced to carry THAT memory with her? Isn't the act itself MEMORY ENOUGH?!?

Just askin'.

GAS PRICES AND OUTSOURCING:

In case you hadn't noticed, our gas prices are rising again. And at a fast rate. Here's what one of the big reasons for the price hikes are. Thanks to national reporter Ron White, we're told that U.S refineries exported a record amount of refined fuels in 2011 to markets in South America, Central America and Europe.

We give oil companies great tax breaks. And I think that's stupid. What they did in 2011 (last year) is a glaring example of our stupidity. We give them huge tax breaks and they sell a big bunch of fuel to other countries while we Americans pay more and more and more? ENOUGH!!!! Time to (higher) tax those greedy bastards!!!

One of the big reasons we're in the middle of this economic mess is because of American CEO's, etc. who have made themselves a ton of money by outsourcing jobs to foreign countries. President Obama is trying to offer incentives to get this turned around. Here's an incentive that I think would work immediately if there's a legal way to make this happen. And the THIS I'm referring to is.....Any CEO who outsources American jobs gets outsourced his ownself. In other words, he or she gets deported.

Unfair? Harmful? I would answer that by saying, "How unfair and or harmful is it for Americans to lose their jobs because OTHER Americans are allowed to send those jobs to other countries while the American CEO's get billions of dollars of blood money that has been drained from the backs of (now) out of work Americans.

Hey, the current administration has shown future administrations how large numbers of illegal immigrants can be deported because (among other things) they're a drain on our economy. So are greedy bastard CEO's who do all the outsourcing. If those CEO's aren't talked into changing their greedy ways at the expense of American workers, let us shout the AMERICA FIRST mantra and deport these ungrateful so-called Americans. YO, CONGRESS!!!! Can you PLEASE make that HAPPEN?!?

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Because of an unfortunate accident I had a few days ago, I didn't see any new films this past week. Yeah, I've had a little bad luck lately. Remember that old Country song that had the line, "If it weren't for BAD luck, I'd have NO luck at all"?!? Well, that's me, gang. I wanted to see a film that will apparently be nominated for an Oscar this year. "The Artist". While walking, I tripped over a step, had to do some serious body balancing to keep myself from falling head first, but after I was seen by my doctor, I was told that I had fractured my right foot. The good news? I'll have time to read a lot of things I've wanted to read for quite a while because I'm told I'll be inactive for at least 6 weeks.

This Sunday, Ricky Gervais will be hosting the Golden Globes again and a lot of people will be tuning in just to see what Ricky says. The show will be televised by NBC.

This past Sunday, "The Good Wife" came back with a bang. That show is soooo good!

It was also new season openers for "Californication" and "Shameless" on Showtime along with a new show, "House of Lies" which stars Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell along with some good supporting players. I'm a fan of Cheadle's, I think Kristen Bell is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing every episode of all three of these shows.

Another great (Tuesday) episode of "Parenthood" on NBC, I enjoyed the new (Wednesday) episode of "Harry's Law" on NBC and another off the charts fun (Wednesday) episode of "Revenge", a good show that gets better and better and better.

Because I have the cable option of "On Demand", I plan to see tonight's episodes of "Person of Interest" on CBS and "The Firm" on NBC.

QUESTIONS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't be able to respond to you. All "Anonymous" emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring unforseen circumstances (like another accident), I'll begin writing a new blog after the Republican debate on CNN, Thursday evening, January 19.

I'll end this blog with the quote of the week: "I like being able to fire people!" If you don't know who said that, you haven't been paying attention.

I hope that all of you have a great rest of the week, the weekend, the holiday on Monday and that all the NFL teams you're rooting for are teams that become winning teams!

And don't forget...AMERICA FIRST!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home