Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rick Santorum, bedroom enforcer?!? Romney says "I'M FINISHED! Ron Paul! JFK! Gas Prices! Whitney Houston! S.I. Swimsuit Issue!

Yes, I received a few emails about last Thursday's blog. The majority of emails were about Catholic (leadership) complaints about contraception distribution. The second most amount of emails were about Madonna and her Super Bowl performance.

And yeah, a few of you were kind enough to ask about my fractured right foot. My next appointment with the foot doctor will be Wednesday morning, February 22. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if my foot feels like it does now when the doctor looks at it next Wednesday, I get the feeling I might be able to walk out of his office while mentally saying (with apologies to the late Martin Luther King), "Free at last! Free at last! Good God almighty, I'm FREE at LAST!"

But if I don't get good news from the doctor? Oh, I'll probably walk out of his office while mentally saying things that have to do with feeling sorry for myself. Which as we all know, accomplishes nothing.

Wednesday, February 22nd is looking like an interesting day. For me, that morning, it's the meeting with the foot doctor. But that evening, we'll all be able to watch what I think is the 21st Republican debate. It will take place in Mesa, Arizona and you'll be able to see it on CNN.

And that brings me to the Mitt Romney headline (above) about Romney saying he's FINISHED! No, he's not dropping out of the presidential race. He's dropping out of debating. He has apparently decided to agree with Senator McCain's suggestion that these debates STOP! Because they're too much like mud wrestling and not nearly enough about "problem solutions".

With no Romney after next Wednesday, does that mean the other three candidates will also not attend the remaining scheduled debates? I don't pretend to know the answer to that question, but here's something I DO know; With all the times that Romney has changed his mind about things.....

Just sayin'.

Speaking of the candidates.....Are we to believe that Rick Santorum is now a SERIOUS possibility to be the Republican nominee to be our next President Of The United States? I've seen every debate and I've heard him say a few things I agree with, but have you heard ALL the things he's said? Things that he has repeated over and over again? Things about stuff he doesn't like that goes on in our BEDROOMS?!?

And while we catch our breath and think about that.....We have millions of Americans who are unemployed, millions of Americans who have lost their homes, health care costs that are causing millions of Americans to declare bankruptcy, a broken illegal immigration policy that desperately needs fixing, gas prices that continue to climb, etc. on top of etc. and this holier than thou Rick Santorum wants to declare war on what's going on in American BEDROOMS that he DOESN'T APPROVE OF?!?

Mr. Santorum, I'm a little older than you are and I think my life's experiences surpass your life's experiences so I'm going to tell you something you might not be aware of because of some rigid standards you seem to have set for yourself. With all due respect, you sir, are missing out on one of life's great pleasures if the only time you ever have sex with a consenting adult is for the purpose of procreation. And because I have seen every Republican debate, I now know why it seems like (that) while you're saying something, you appear to have a stick up your butt.

Just sayin'.

Ron Paul:

Yesterday, I had a very interesting conversation with a store owner about Ron Paul. This store owner likes a lot of the things Congressman Paul says and he asked me if I think Ron Paul is too old to have a realistic shot at becoming the Republican nominee.

Several years ago, I interviewed Ron Paul a few times on a radio show I was doing. Like the store owner I spoke with yesterday, I also like Ron Paul. I think he's absolutely right when he talks about all the American troops that are stationed in many foreign countries and this attitude we seem to have about being "THE POLICEMAN OF THE WORLD". Ron Paul has some other good ideas, but I don't think he has a ghost's chance in hell of being the nominee because of some things that were written under his name twenty or thirty years ago. Things that appear to be racist in nature and things that he refuses to acknowledge having had any responsibility for. In my view, Ron Paul should have done a "Man-up" about this and say (in essence) that his long ago views (or whatever they were) are things he should have disavowed immediately and that those written words do not reflect his current thinking at all. As we know, if you're a politician and you say "I'm sorry! or, "I didn't mean it!", Americans tend to forgive quickly

I do wish the rest of these candidates including President Obama would adopt the "AMERICA FIRST" policy that Ron Paul favors and that you see stated at the end of every blog I write.

We most definitely should be taking care of America first and once we get that done, we can then help other countries when they need help, but we need to QUIT the business of being "THE POLICEMAN OF THE WORLD". I mean, how do you think we'd like it if a bunch of foreign troops opened up shop in America? I don't know about you, but the day THAT would happen, would be the day I'd be exercising my Second Amendment rights.

GAS PRICES:

You can't help but see these gas prices going up, up, up on a daily basis, right? Where I live, we're very close to $4 a gallon and that's for the CHEAP GAS! A few months ago, I was told by folks who are "connected" that after the first of the year, we could expect to see gas prices begin to (again) rise. And that we would be looking at $5 a gallon for the cheap gas by June. I said it then and I'll say it again. I hope the information I was given turns out to be "wrong information". A couple of days ago I was told that we could be looking at close to $10 a gallon by the end of the year. Needless to say, I really hope THAT'S wrong!

AND THAT BRINGS ME TO OUR PATRIOTIC OIL BARONS:

We give these guys terrific tax breaks. But did you know that much of the oil they drill for and get HERE in America is oil that they export to foreign countries?

WHY? More money for the Oil Barons. They save a bunch of tax money that would otherwise be money that would be here in America and then they turn around and sell a lot of that oil to foreign countries. Gee, do you think that maybe it would be nice if all that oil stayed HERE?!? And if that happened, do you think gas prices might go down?

Just askin'.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Again, because of my foot injury, I haven't had a chance to see NEW films, but I'll tell you about some films that are currently on the cable circuit and also some television shows.

But first.....Whitney Houston. No one but no one will ever sing "The Star Spangled Banner" at the Super Bowl better than Whitney Houston did. She had it all for a while. Great voice, great looks, sold a lot of records, starred in some films, but....Somewhere along the line the demons got to her. Demons she couldn't "shake". R.I.P., Whitney. You gave us a lot of entertainment.

"Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue": Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a big deal anymore and in fact, HASN'T been a big deal for many years. Yes, the women are beautiful and before cable television and the Internet, seeing the Sports Illustrated women was a guilty pleasure. Not anymore. Or am I wrong about this?

JFK: No, this isn't going to be about that woman who says she had sex with JFK in the White House more than 50 years ago. A couple of days ago I saw the 1991 Oliver Stone film, "JFK", on Encore. This was the first time I had seen this 3 and a half hour(s) film and it definitely had my attention. Kevin Costner is the star of this film, but this film features a lot of major actor stars, some of whom have passed away. I gotta tell ya, gang....After watching this film, you can include me in that list of "Conspiracy theory guys".

"Three Days of the Condor", a 1975 film on TCM. This was the first time I had seen this film SINCE 1975. I thought this was a great film then and I think it's still a great film NOW! The great director Sydney Pollack directed this thriller and it starred (stars) Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, current Oscar nominee Max Von Sydow, Cliff Robertson, John Houseman and some other fine supporting players. If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing this 1975 film, find it, watch it, enjoy it and you can thank me later.

Television Shows: First of all, I enjoyed the Grammy Awards. A LOT! What I liked the most were the performances by The Foo Fighters, Bruce Springsteen, Glen Campbell, Paul McCartney, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson's tribute song to Whitney Houston and the way those great ol' rockers ENDED the show. Bravo, guys!

The best television drama I saw this week has to go to the Wednesday night ABC show, "Revenge". Gang, I've said it before and I'll say it again. THIS show is better and better every week. "Revenge" has everything you could possibly want in a TV drama. Including, revenge. The casting is brilliant, the writing is brilliant, the actors are terrific and just when you think you've pretty much "seen it all", another terrific actor shows up with a back story that's perfect for this show.

This is the final season for "House" on Fox, but there are rumors about new episodes of "House" showing up on cable next year. The last two episodes of "House" have been outstanding.

Speaking of "outstanding"....Tuesday night's episode of "Parenthood" on NBC. Tuesday night's episode of "Justified" on FX. Tuesday night's episode of "Southland" on TNT. There is NO cop show like this "Southland" cop show and I mean that as a big compliment. Sunday's "Shameless" which was an episode written by "Shameless" lead star, William H. Macy and featuring a terrific guest star performance by Louise Fletcher. Another outstanding show was Tuesday's "Glee" which had a Valentine's Day theme that included wonderful song performances including a great performance of Whitney Houston's hit song, "I Will Always Love You".

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at www.scottstjames.blogspot.com and I will respond to you ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know what your email address is which means I won't be able to respond to you. I respond to everyone except those who send "Anonymous" emails. Those are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring unforseen circumstances, the next blog will be written and posted late Thursday night, February 23 or very early Friday morning, February 24.

DON'T FORGET....A new and perhaps last, Republican Debate will be on CNN, Wednesday, February 22.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a terrific weekend annnnd...

AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home