Monday, July 02, 2007

IF WE PAID ATTENTION TO THE IRAQ B.S. LIKE WE PAID ATTENTION TO THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION B.S., WE WOULDN'T BE IN IRAQ!!!

Do you know who's getting most of the credit for defeating the immigration bill in the Senate? Talk show hosts and bloggers. Do you know why? Because talk show hosts and bloggers figured out that most of the Senators and their blindly led followers hadn't read a lot of what was in the Senate bill. When talk show hosts and bloggers pointed out to them this "mother of all facts" surrounding this terrible bill, the Senators claimed they were unnecessarily being "picked on" by these talk show hosts and bloggers. Some Senators talked about passing legislation that would keep these talk show hosts "in line", which if successful, would have led to something being down about blogsters.

But do you know what's really pathetic about this? Most Senators didn't read what they needed to read regarding Iraq, either. We hear that excuse a lot from Senators who have changed their minds about Iraq. Conclusion: If we had paid attention to the Iraq B.S. the way we paid attention to the illegal immigration B.S., we wouldn't be in Iraq.

Tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm going to try to show you how much B.S. is associated with the "cheap labor" argument and the argument about work that supposedly "won't be done" by legal citizens in America.

"STUDIO 60" WENT OUT WITH THEIR HEADS HELD HIGH:

Saturday, I watched the final episode of the much maligned "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip". It was terrific television. All the loose ends were wrapped up neatly and we (the viewers) were left with an inescapable conclusion; The people associated with "Studio 60" will be working on something substantial soon and we'll be watching. Bravo, guys and gals! You deserved better.

A 2005 FILM WORTH CHECKING OUT:

Do you know who Evan Rachel Wood is? She's an actress who won't be 20 until a little more than two months from now. An actress who has played daring roles and played them well for several years. Most of us probably first noticed her in the film "Thirteen" when Ms. Wood more than held her own with Oscar winning actress Holly Hunter. Evan Rachel Wood starred in a 2005 film called "Pretty Persuasion" that's now running on Encore. Wood plays someone who desperately wants to be famous and is willing to do terrible things to people to make that happen. James Woods chews up a bunch of scenery (in a good way) by playing her over the top wacked out father. Ron Livingston plays a teacher who ends up in Evan Rachel Wood's crosshairs and Selma Blair plays a TV reporter who also wants to become famous, but ends up finding out that fame has room for only one person in this story. Evan Rachel Wood. Remember that name, folks. Before her career ends, I believe that Evan Rachel Wood will be a mulitple Oscar winner.

ISAIAH WASHINGTON WILL BE ON WITH LARRY KING:

On CNN tonight, Larry King will spend an hour with actor Isaiah Washington. Washington feels that he was treated unfairly by ABC and there's no telling what else he might say tonight. It was, after all, what he said that got him in trouble in the first place. During an argument on the set of "Grey's Anatomy", Washington made a gay slur about fellow "Grey's Anatomy" actor T.R. Knight, a slur that led to Knight outing himself before he had planned on. Washington will no longer be on "Grey's Anatomy", but T.R. Knight will be back on "Grey's Anatomy" and Washington recently told Newsweek that he believes that ABC fired the wrong guy. This could be some fun to watch television on Larry King Live tonight.

"ACCORDING TO JIM" WILL RETURN:

When "According to Jim" wasn't on the new schedule for ABC, it looked like it was over for a show that had been on for six years. Supervising Producer Bob Heath tells me that "According to Jim" has been given a reprieve. Sometime after the new season begins, "According to Jim" will be back with 18 new episodes. Full disclosure: Bob Heath has been kind enough to use me on quite a few episodes of "According to Jim", so when I say, "Congratulations!", I mean it for more than me being happy for a bunch of other nice people on that show.

THE PRICE IS RIGHT MIGHT HIRE A SPORTS GUY:

According to Don Barrett's laradio.com, ESPN television and radio sports guy Dan Patrick might be the next host of "The Price Is Right". My choice of the known contenders for that job has been George Hamilton, but Dan Patrick is an interesting idea. The feeling here is that Patrick is the hands down best sports talk radio host in America.

A LITTLE HUMOR YOU MIGHT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT:

We'll close with a joke sent to me by legendary radio guy, Bill Mouzis, a man who was Hall of Famer Robert W. Morgan's engineer during the glory years of 93/KHJ.

And this is a joke you might have to think about.

A man is in a store and he needs some help. "In what aisle could I find the Polish sausage?" The clerk says, "Are you Polish?"

The man (clearly offended) says, "Well, yes I am. But let me ask you something. If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian? Or if I had asked for German bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German? Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog, would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican? Would you?" The clerk says, "Well, no!"

"If I asked for some Irish whiskey, would you ask if I was Irish?" The clerk says, "Well, I probably wouldn't!"

With deep self-righteous indignation, the man says, "Well then, why did you ask me if I'm Polish because I asked for Polish sausage?" The clerk says, "Because you're at Home Depot."

And while you chew on that...

EDITOR'S NOTE: Don't forget! You can HEAR this blog! The links to the three stations broadcasting today's blog can be found at the bottom of my links section which is to the right of what you're reading now. It's the last three links.

If you read this before pictures have been added, come back! Pictures will be up soon. A new blog is written every morning, Monday through Friday and is posted between 7 and 7:15, Pacific Time. Sometimes earlier. Questions and comments can be sent to scottstjames@sbcglobal.net I do write back.

TOMORROW: The letter about President Bush I was going to read today...my thoughts about Bruce Willis' new "Die Hard" film... annnd other celebrity news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home