Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rush Limbaugh whines about "The News Room" and then makes up stuff!!! Is Michele Bachmann trying to get the lead role in the sequel to "Dumb & Dumber"??? Former Republican President asks, "Who the hell is Grover Norquist?" Does Mitt Romney believe he doesn't need to do what his dad did or what every other presidential candidate has done??? And actor/funny guy, Fred Willard learned the hard way that it's not a good idea to be holding it in your hand when the cops show up!!!

Hi everybody!   After beginning this blog between 3 and 4 in the afternoon the last few weeks, because of some "problems", this blog didn't get started until a little after 6, Pacific time.   That won't effect you subscribers, because this new blog won't (as usual) be in your email until sometime between 3 and 5 tomorrow (Friday) morning, Pacific time.

And by the way, if you'd like to subscribe instead of looking for the new blog at different times of the day or night, it's free and here's how simple becoming a subscriber is;   Use the subscription form, just below my 'About Me' Profile to the right of this column.   Enter your email address in the box provided and click on 'Subscribe'.   Then, click on the confirmation link that will arrive in your email and you're "good to go".    Every time there is a new blog, it will automatically be delivered to you via email between 3 and 5 in the morning, Pacific time.    This blog will always be free and you will NEVER get ads, spam or anything else except the blog itself.   We've been doing this for more than 6-years and we'd be delighted to have you as "part of our family".    A lot of opinions in this blog and if I write something that you feel you want to talk to me about, you will learn that I respond to everyone unless you send me an email in which you hide by declaring yourself, "Anonymous".    Those emails are ignored, but every other email gets a response from me via email and sometimes on the phone.    And yes, sometimes a reader gets me to change my mind about something I wrote.

Okay....Let's GET BUSY!!!

Headline #1:   Rush Limbaugh whines about "The News Room" and then makes up stuff!!!

Look, I know Rush has had a very successful career and I would normally give a guy like him "slack" about the two things I mention here if he hadn't developed most of his success by being mean to people of color and to women.

Oh, you didn't KNOW that?!?   Sorry to pop your "bubble".

The television show, "The News Room" shows a new episode every Sunday night on HBO.   On this past Sunday's show, a tape of Rush was shown of him telling lies about the cost of a trip that President Obama had taken a year or two ago.   It wasn't taken out of context by being edited.   It was just good ol' Rush telling fibs about our president.   Big fibs.

And this past Monday morning on his show, Rush mentioned what had been shown of him on "The News Room" the night before and he then gave a pathetic defense for himself while trying to convince his listeners that there were other shows everyone should be watching on Sunday nights instead of THAT show!    Yep, truth is bitch, Rush.

But on the next day, Rush tried to top himself when he took a shot at the new "Batman" film that will be in your favorite multiplex tomorrow, (Friday, July 20).   He was claiming that the villain in the new "Batman" is named "Bane" because the filmmakers want people to associate that "villain" with Mitt Romney.   Interesting theory if it was true.   But here's the real truth.   The villain named "Bane" was in "Batman comics" in the year 1993.   The villain named "Bane" was in a "Batman" film in 1997.   Mitt Romney was associated with "Bain" in 1998.

Two "Rush bubbles" popped on two straight days.   THIS WEEK!!!   I don't think you nice "believers" of Rush are aware of how often he says these kinds of untruthful things.

Headline #2:   Is Michele Bachmann trying to get the lead role in the sequel to "Dumb & Dumber"???

In the last couple of days she's been making some outrageous charges against some of our citizens.   So outrageous that top tier Republicans are "calling" Bachmann on her idiotic statements and a guy who worked for her when she was a presidential candidate is on the record with an observation about Bachmann. "She tends to play with the facts!"

Short commentary:   What you just now read was the understatement of the year.

Headline #3:   Former Republican President asks, "Who the hell is Grover Norquist?"

That "former Republican president" was George W. Bush's father.   A guy who was a bona fide war hero, among other things.   He was also a 2-term vice president, a 1-term president and he also ran the CIA for a while.

When a guy who has credentials like the guy who is referred to by some as "Poppy Bush" speaks, I tend to listen.   Grover Norquist is a "wannabe player" who's never been elected to anything but who has somehow gotten a bunch of politicians (mostly Republican) to buy into and to sign Norquist's pledge which in essence is, "no raising of taxes for anything".   Nice idea, but it doesn't allow for "changing conditions", something that a number of Republican politicians are now stating and who no longer want anything to do with Norquist.

Headline #4:   Does Mitt Romney believe he doesn't need to do what his dad did or what every other presidential candidate has done?

Sure seems like it, doesn't it?    What I and a lot of his Republican friends don't understand is why Romney doesn't seem to realize the longer he delays the disclosure of his tax situation, the more guilty he appears to be.

Guilty of WHAT?!?   Absolutely no idea or if indeed he's guilty of anything!    Perception is the issue, Mr. Romney.   And if you don't understand that, you don't deserve the opportunity to be our next President of the United States.

Just sayin'.

Headline #5:   Actor/funny guy Fred Willard learned the hard way that it's not a good idea to be holding it in your hand when the cops show up! 

Gang, if you don't know what I'm referring to, you will know when you read the newspapers tomorrow or watch the news on television tonight.   My only comment on what happened is that anyone who is a "public figure" who shows up where he showed up is an idiot.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

As if the previous story wasn't entertaining enough?

Are you old enough to remember listening to songs sung by Lloyd Price?   Let me refresh your memory.  "Stagger Lee", "Personality", "Lawdy Miss Clawdy".   And a bunch of other songs we all danced to.

I mention this because Lloyd has a new album that will be on sale Monday, July 30.   His new album is titled, "I'm Feeling Good".   It's an album of eleven songs and I listened to all of them this afternoon.   What Lloyd Price is singing now is nothing like the songs he sang during his "Stagger Lee" days, but I'm (also) not dancing that much anymore.   Here's my take on what he has on his new album.   This is an album/CD that I will have in my car and I know that this music will offset any stress I might be feeling.   And I also know that no matter how long my trip might be, I will be listening Lloyd Price's "I'm Feeling Good" over and over again.   The cost of this album will be $12.99 and worth every penny.   For more information about how to purchase this album, I suggest you visit http://www.lawdymissclawdy.com/    Hall of Fame music guy Don Graham alerted me to this and was kind enough to send me the album.   And by the way, I'd love it if any of you readers who decide to buy this album will tell me what YOU think of it.

Emmy nominations were announced today.   I'm going to make only a few observations.   The show "The Good Wife" was not nominated and I think that the voters were wrong.   The good news is that "Mrs. Good Wife" was nominated.   I was happy to see that Kathy Bates and Jean Smart were recognized for their great work on "Harry's Law" and the recognition given to "Homeland" which is arguably (along with "The Good Wife") one of the two best shows on television.

And yeah, if you're a regular reader of this blog, you know I must be happy with the recognition given to 4 cast members of "Hatfields & McCoys" and I was especially pleased with the nominations of Julianne Moore (who played Sarah Palin), Ed Harris (who played John McCain) and Woody Harrelson in the television film, "Game Change".

Big time congrats to all the nominees and condolences to those "who got robbed".

Television shows I saw this week include what I thought was the best episode (so far) of "True Blood" and the hands down best episode (so for) of "The News Room".   That show has a lot of fine actors, but right now, the work I'm enjoying the most is the work being done by Sam Waterston.

Later tonight I plan to see a rerun of the first episode of "Political Animals", starring Sigourney Weaver.

I saw one film this past week.   "The Amazing Spider-Man".   I didn't know if I would like this film, but I knew I would like Andrew Garfield's performance.  Garfield played the role of Spider Man.   I know that Garfield was impressive in the film, "The Social Network", but he got my attention in a small film he starred in before that.   "Never Let Me Go".   I loved that film, and I thought the film along with Garfield deserved Academy Award consideration.   Didn't happen but right now Garfield's laughing all the way to the bank.   The film figures to make close to (if not more than) a billion bucks world-wide and Garfield will be starring in the next Spider-Man film which figures to be shown in the Spring of 2014.   Other cast members are also deserving of mention;   Martin Sheen (I don't think he's ever done a bad performance), Sally Field (same deal as Sheen), Rhys Ifans who played the role of "The Lizard", Denis Leary played the role of a police captain and the father of the Spider-Man's love interest, Emma Stone.    And speaking of HER....I've had this many years major crush (from a distance) on the very beautiful and terrific actor, Diane Lane.    You're still beautiful and a great actor Diane, but I've now become an Emma Stone guy.

Gang, I loved the film.

And speaking of big films, tomorrow morning at 6:40 I will be attending a private screening of the new "Batman" film.   My thanks to my good friend and long time Entertainment Tonight producer-director, Kevin Gershan for making this happen.

I'll close with a "Thank you" shout-out to former big time radio guy, Roger Carroll, Hall of Fame music guy, Don Graham, former big time radio guy and current big time radio column guy, Jack Roberts, current big time and legendary radio writer, "The Dean", Claude Hall and current big time Los Angeles writer and positive supporter of all things radio, L.A. style, Don Barrett.

You guys know what I'm thanking you for, but I won't go public with what I'm referring to unless there turns out to be a reason to do that.   But again, big time thanks!

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you, ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I wouldn't be able to respond to you.   As you long time readers know, I respond by email or phone to everyone unless you send me an email declaring yourself as "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, next Thursday night, July 26 (late) or very early Friday morning, July 27.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a very nice weekend and don't forget,
AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

                   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home