Thursday, June 21, 2012

As of June 21, no word (yet) on "Obama Care"! Michele Bachmann Wants To Be Romney's Running Mate? Gas Prices and What They Mean!! Something For Illegal Immigrants That I Would Support!!! Mitt Romney and Britney Spears Have Something in Common!! And the cartoon character known as Maxine has a SOLUTION for ALL OF US!!!


Hi everybody and to all of our new subscribers, WELCOME!!!

For you first time readers, becoming a subscriber is easy to do ANNND...IT'S FREE!!!

Here's all you have to do;   Go to the subscription form, just below my 'About Me' Profile which is to the right of this column.   Enter your email address, in the box provided, and click on 'Subscribe'.   Then, click on the confirmation link that will arrive in your email and you are good to go.   Every time there is a new blog, it will automatically be delivered to you via email.   As a rule (unless something unexpected comes up), new blogs are posted very late on Thursday nights or very early on Friday mornings.   New blogs are delivered to your email between 3 and 5 Friday mornings, Pacific Time.   This will always be a free service and you will never receive Spam or solicitations of any kind.  Just the blog, baby.   Just the blog!

Okay...Let's get busy!

Headline #1:   No word (yet) from the Supreme Court about the Affordable Care Act, which is otherwise known as, "Obama Care".

The time of day I'm writing this is now (almost) 5:30, Thursday afternoon, June 21.   We are led to believe that a ruling from the Supreme Court could have been today, but we are assured that a decision will have been reached by no later than sometime next week.   Shoot, it COULD happen while I'm writing right now.

Headline #2:   Michele Bachmann wants to be Romney's running mate?!?

When I was made aware of this, I had an immediate reaction;   Do any of you remember that Steve Lawrence sang some songs that became "hits" a lot of years ago?   I do.   In fact, I used to play some of those hits on radio stations I worked at.   One of those "hits" was a song that was titled, "Go Away Little Girl" and that was the first thing that came to my mind.

Headline #3:   Gas Prices and what they mean!

As you've no doubt noticed, gas prices have (finally) been going down the last couple of weeks.   Most folks seem to think that when gas prices go UP that's a good sign for Romney.   When gas prices go DOWN that's a good sign for Obama.

Yes, I know.   A lot can happen regarding gas prices going up or down between now and election day.   Same deal with polls.   Did you read about that poll that came out a couple of days ago showing Obama with a 13-points lead?   We're told that the reason(s) given had to do with Romney's lack of believability.   If that was/is the real reason, I'm not surprised.   But again...A lot can happen between now and election day.

Headline #4:   Something for illegal immigrants that I would SUPPORT!

Those of you who are long time readers of this blog know how I feel about illegal immigrants.   For me, it's very simple.   They're breaking the law and it drives me crazy when these lawbreakers have been pretty much left alone and on top of that, all the free stuff they get from us.   I'm also very much against the "Law of the Land" OUR land which states (in essence) that automatic citizenship is granted to a child born here to parents who were/are here illegally.   I think that's outrageous, but it is the "Law of the Land".   By the way, most of you probably don't know that more illegals have been deported by the Obama administration than any other administration.   By far!   But when President Obama came out the other day with an announcement about giving SOME young illegal immigrants a "break", the howling you heard led you to believe that something very terrible had just happened.   Said howling coming from mostly Republican politicians who tend to look the other way on behalf of rich Republican donors who just happen to represent businessmen who make a lot of money off the backs of illegal immigrants.

I know.   "The Devil's in the Details" and I apologize to you people who have bought (like it was going on sale) the verbal nonsense you hear or read because after all, it's a "famous" person or persons who are saying these things.

Back to Obama's announcement about SOME young illegals.   I'm not going to pretend to you that I understand all that's involved here, but I will tell you one thing that I would most definitely support;   Any illegal immigrant who serves at least three years in our military and is given an Honorable Discharge is a person that should be moved to the front of the line and made a citizen of the United States of America.   Think about it.   Three years of serving our country during these very dangerous times.   The great patriot, Rush Limbaugh got what?   Four deferments?   Six?   And recently he was bragging about playing the very rough sport, Flag Football when he was draft eligible.   How many deferments did Mitt Romney have?   Dick Cheney?   I could go on and on and on about war supporters who "talked the talk" but were too scared to "walk the walk".

Again...Illegal immigrants who serve our country in the military for at least three years and walk out with an Honorable Discharge should be given big time priority regarding citizenship.   And that's the ONLY thing I've ever supported on behalf of illegal immigrants.

Headline #5:  Mitt Romney and Britney Spears have something in common?

Did you hear about this?   They both have spent $55,000 for a "Vanity Purchase".   Britney has made a lot of money being a singer and Romney has made a lot of money by firing people.   Hey, when you're good at something, you're entitled to "treat yourself", right?   These particular purchases have to do with elevators in their homes for their cars.   

Headline #6:   The cartoon character known as "Maxine" has a possible SOLUTION for ALL OF US!!!

What you're about to read is something that was sent to me by a bona fide patriot.   He's a guy I went to high school with and the last time I saw him was when he returned from Vietnam and I had the privilege of getting him out of a little "jam".   He was a Green Beret at a time when most folks didn't know what they were.   He was also involved with some "heavy and big time secret" military operations.   Operations that are/were SO secret, he's having trouble getting the V.A. medical benefits he needs.   Yes, I was in the military as well, but as I've often stated, I was never any kind of "hero" and an argument can be made that the "Good Conduct" medals I received were forgeries.   My friend was the "real deal".   Because of his ongoing disputes with the V.A. folks, I'll simply refer to him as "Johnny G" and I'm proud to call him a friend.

Okay...Here comes the word for word story told by the cartoon character, "Maxine" that was sent to me by "Johnny G".

"I bought a bird feeder.   I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.   What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it lovingly with seed.

Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But...Then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop.   It was everywhere.   On the patio tile, the chairs, the table....EVERYWHERE!!!

Then some of the birds turned mean.   They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.   And other birds were boisterous and loud.   They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore.   So I took down the bird feeder and in 3 days the birds were gone.   I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be.   Quiet, serene...And no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now...Let's see...Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and free education, and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegal's came by the tens of thousands.   Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services;   Small apartments are housing 5 families;   You have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor;   Your child's second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.

Corn flakes now come in a bilingual box;   I have to 'press 1' to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than 'Old Glory' are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take DOWN the bird feeder!

If you agree, pass this on.   If not,  just continue cleaning up the poop!"

Thank you Maxine and thank you Johnny G for sending this to me.

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Are you a fan of the NBC show, "Parenthood"?   I am.   When they begin their 4th season in the next few months, they'll have a new cast member.   Ray Romano will be playing the role of another guy who will be trying to have a romantic relationship with Lauren Graham.   "Everybody Loves Raymond"?   Well on this show, "Everybody (seems to) Loves Lauren"!

Aaron Sorkin's new show, "The Newsroom" begins this Sunday night on HBO. I'll definitely be watching it.

"True Blood" has been a big hit for several seasons on HBO, but in the first two episodes of THIS season, my reaction so far has been, "Huh?"   Hopefully, it'll get better.

Episode #3 of the new "Dallas" show on TNT aired last night and I liked it a lot.   Larry Hagman is now 80 years old, but no one on that show is more compelling to watch than Hagman's "J.R. Ewing".   And what he brings to the table is an energy that I think has rubbed off on all the other cast members.

I saw one new film this past week.   "Rock of Ages".

This film features an all-star cast performing in a musical.

And make no mistake about this, gang.   This is most definitely a musical.

I LOVED it!!!

It took me a few minutes to "warm up" to the characters played by Julianne Hough (Ryan Seacrest's lady in real life) and Diego Boneta, but once they got going, they were fun to watch and listen to.

Paul Giamatti was perfectly cast as an "oily" music manager/agent.

I go back and forth on what Russell Brand brings to the table, but as a partner of some kind to/with Alec Baldwin, they worked well together.   And like everyone else in the cast, they were required to do some singing and (to me) they were surprisingly good.

Mary J. Blige?   I will never get enough of her as a singer.

Catherine Zeta-Jones?   Otherwise known as Michael Douglas' wife in real life?   Her role is a very interesting role that turns into a complete "about face" near the end of the film.   Well done, Catherine!

Malin Akerman plays the role of a "Rolling Stone" reporter who ends up having sex with "Stacee Jaxx" the person she's supposed to be interviewing.   The back and forth and yes, the "up and down" involving those two was believable to me because of how "smooth" this "Stacee Jaxx" character is.

Tom Cruise plays the role of "Stacee Jaxx" and if you've read the reviews, you probably know that most reviewers thought that Cruise was terrific in this role.   I agree with those other reviewers/critics.   Most folks (including me) wouldn't think that Tom Cruise would be mediocre casting for a role like this that requires as much singing as it does.   But Tom Cruise took some serious singing lessons for a few months and those lessons show up positively in this film.   And now people are saying, "Is there anything Tom Cruise CAN'T do?!?"

Again...I loved "Rock of Ages" and I plan to see it again!

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I'll respond to you A.S.A.P.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I wouldn't be able to respond to you.   As you long time readers know, I respond to everyone except for people who send "Anonymous" emails.   Those are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, late next Thursday night, June 28 or very early Friday morning, June 29.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have pleasant plans for the upcoming weekend and here's hoping that things (economically) get better for all of us soon.

And if you agree, don't forget;   AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  





  





  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home