Thursday, April 26, 2012

Does Congressman Paul Ryan have a Religion Problem? Lindsay Lohan starring as Elizabeth Taylor?!? Florida is the first state that requires you to pass a drug test if you want WELFARE money!

Three things before getting into our headline (above) segments.   

(1)  I'm sure that most of you long time readers are noticing that I'm using larger print.   And HERE'S even LARGER PRINT!!!

The blogger people have changed a few things and this particular "thing" will allow a lot of you to stop squinting or (in some cases) to stop using a magnifying glass.

(2)  I'm sure it's not a surprise if I tell you I got a few more emails than usual because of last week's blog.    One of the emails was from a guy I haven't spoken to in a long time.   The great Joey Reynolds sent a very kind note about last week's blog and I was stunned because I had no idea he was even AWARE of this blog.    Joey Reynolds has been a big East Coast radio star for many years, but there was a small stretch of time when he stuck his foot in these West Coast waters where I hang my hat and we enjoyed the short time he spent at KMPC here in Los Angeles.    If you have access to Jack Roberts' "Hollywood Hills" column, there's a very nice story about Joey Reynolds in today's April 26 column.

(3)  By now it would be reasonable for anyone to think that because I'm as old as I am, I wouldn't still be making stubborn and stupid mistakes, buuuuut...
I walk 3-5 miles a day.   EVERY day!   It's been raining here.   Because of the soaked feet, etc., I have a case of the flu which means this will probably be a shorter than usual blog because of the medicine I'm taking.   Dumb, dumber and dumb-EST!

ONWARD!!!

Does Congressman Paul Ryan have a "Religion Problem"?!?

If you don't know who Congressman Ryan is, he's a guy who a lot of people think is a "smart guy".   A VERY "smart guy".    I happen to think he's not as smart as he and his "believers" think he is.   A number of his ideas are slightly adjusted warmed over ideas that are proven failures.   And a couple of weeks ago, he and his mouth stepped into some big doo-doo.

Ryan, who is the House Budget Committee Chairman said, (in essence)  that his draconian budget agenda was inspired by his Roman Catholic faith.

Welllll....Last week, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops said Ryan's plan FAILS to meet certain "Moral criteria" because disproportionately cutting programs that serve poor and vulnerable people are unjustified and wrong.   Faculty members and priests at Georgetown University blasted Ryan for his continuing misuse of Catholic teaching to defend a budget plan that pretty much hurts everyone except for the tax breaks that would be given to the wealthiest few.   The closing blast at Ryan was, "Your budget appears to reflect the values of your favorite philosopher, Ayn Rand, rather than the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Here's the deal, gang....A so-called "Smart Guy" doesn't put himself into a verbal position that includes a religious "hook", because the odds are high that the "hook" will end up in your mouth and you will be just another "fish" that's been reeled in.

Congressman Ryan, you are (to use a baseball term) "Playing in the Big leagues".   Congressman, if I'm the General Manager of the team you're on, I'm thinking it's time to send you back to the "Minor Leagues".

A New Florida Law:

I don't know how new this new Florida law is, but I had never heard of it until my long time friend and former Hawaiian Tropic owner, Ron Rice sent me this information.   Ron Rice is also the guy who invented Hawaiian Tropic in his garage while he was a high school football coach.   Ron sold Hawaiian Tropic a few years ago and I'm pretty sure he now has more money than Mitt Romney.

This new Florida law has to do with anyone who applies for Welfare money.   Before getting any Welfare money, applicants have to pass a drug test.   They also have to pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test drug-free.

Applicants who test positive won't be eligible for Welfare money for a year, or until they undergo treatment.   Those who fail a second time will be banned from getting Welfare money for THREE YEARS!

Gang, I don't know about you, but I like that law.   And I wish that the other 49 of our states would pass a law like this.

But here's a law I'd like to see get repealed in all the states.   LOTTERIES!

Think about it.   Most, if not all of the states have lotteries.   The feeling here is that people who can't afford it are the biggest players.   The end results tend to include divorce, bankruptcy, mental illness, suicide, etc., etc.   Big winners are few and far between except for one group of people.    The people who RUN these lotteries!    The money that goes to schools from these lotteries?   Puh-Leeze!!!   The states are STILL begging for tax money for schools.

What do you think?   Do you agree with me, disagree, what?

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Lindsay Lohan is going to play the role of Elizabeth Taylor in a made for television film that will be titled, "Liz and Dick"!   "Dick" as in Sir Richard Burton.   That role hasn't been cast yet, but Lindsay Lohan as Liz?   Maybe Lohan will be terrific in this role, but....???

New two-year deal for Ryan Seacrest on "American Idol".   Seacrest was sick as a dog while performing his duties on last night's (Wednesday, April 26) "Idol".   A show in which all six of the remaining contestants were OUTSTANDING!

Speaking of "outstanding" as it relates to television...."Magic City" on STARZ is better every week.   Same deal with "Smash" on NBC.   Guest Star Uma Thurman has been a great fit for what they have her doing and the whole cast of "Smash" has been "smashingly good".

Another great episode of "The Good Wife" this past Sunday and I like the new show that is following "The Good Wife".   "NYC 22".   Both shows are on CBS.

"Harry's Law", starring Oscar winner, Kathy Bates along with a great supporting cast and great Guest Stars is also a fun Sunday show that's on NBC.

"Revenge" on ABC is still fun to watch, "House"on Fox will come to an end after three or four final episodes and "Glee" on Fox is wrapping up their final weeks of the season by letting us know who won't be back on the show next season.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?

Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I won't be able to respond to you.   I respond to everyone except "Anonymous" emails.    Those are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?

Barring something unforseen, late next Thursday night, May 3 or very early Friday morning, May 4.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a very nice weekend and don't forget...

AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home