Thursday, May 03, 2012

The GOP and their GAY problem! Aren't we led to believe that our "Creator" created ALL of us? Mitt Romney's LACK of COURAGE!!! It ain't bragging if you DID it!!! I'm an American citizen and have to show my ID all the time! People here ILLEGALLY are EXEMPT?!?

I hope you find the above headlines intriguing but before we dive into them, a shout-out to our new subscribers;   HEL-LO NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!!   And we're delighted to have you on board.

For those of you reading this for the first time, I've been writing this little blog-column for six years.   I live in Los Angeles, but readers of this column are located all over the United States and in some foreign countries.   And a good number of readers from different parts of the country responded to a question I posed in last week's column about lotteries.   One third of you said you wanted lotteries to be eliminated.   One third of you said you wanted lotteries to continue.   And one third of you said you could accept either answer/decision.

If you're not a subscriber (it's free) but if you want to subscribe, here's all you have to do:   Use the subscription form just below my 'About Me' profile which is to the right of this column.   Just enter your email address, in the box provided, and click on 'Subscribe'.   Then, click on the confirmation link that will arrive in your email and you are good to go.   Every time there is a new blog, it will automatically be delivered to you via email between 3 and 5 in the morning, Pacific Time.   No ads, no spam (EVER) and always FREE!

One thing you new readers might notice is that there are no published responses from readers here.   That's on purpose.   If you have something on your mind about anything that's printed here, send me an email about it and I will respond with an email to YOU, ASAP!   And sometimes I respond to you by phone.   Every once in a while I will write about something that was sent to me.   Later in this blog, I'll be writing about something having to do with illegal immigration that was sent to me by LARadio.com owner-publisher, Don Barrett.

Time now for THIS blogs HEADLINE STUFF:

The GOP and their GAY problem!

As I have stated in the past, I'm a lifetime Republican who voted for Barack Obama.   The first Democrat I've ever voted for.   As Ronald Reagan once said, "I didn't leave the Democrat party, they left ME!"   In reverse, that's how I felt about the current Republican party.

I don't know if I will vote for Obama to get a second term, but I have a lot of concerns about Mitt Romney getting a FIRST term.

Are you ever going to show us your tax returns, Governor?    Or is all that off-shore money you've deposited in foreign countries some kind of problem?

Governor, the "courage of your convictions" is tough to pin down because you change your mind so often.

Being the President of the United States requires rock solid convictions, even if they turn to be wrong and that leads me back to this GAY problem thing.

When I was much younger, I'll admit to the fact that I thought being "gay" was some kind of illness.   Of course in those days, gays were called queers.

But as I've gotten older and wasn't too scared to have real conversations with a few people who happened to be gay, I learned they're no different than anyone else.   Some are bad, most are good and they all want the same things the rest of us want.

We seem to have a sizable number of "right leaning" religious folks who try their best to convince all Republican candidates to keep their distance from anyone who is known to be GAY.   

And that makes me say, Hmmmm...   And here's what else it makes me say;  "Aren't we led to believe by religious leaders that our "Creator", "God", created ALL of us?   And if that is now considered to not be true, would these religious leaders mind telling us when that happened?"

And here comes this "courage problem" I have with all the GOP presidential candidates, a list that now seems to be "one".   Mitt Romney.

I watched every minute of every Republican debate.   Because I'm a military veteran, I REALLY noticed when a U.S. Army combat soldier in Afghanistan came on the television screen to ask the Republican candidates a question and he was booed by many people in the audience.   WHY?   Because he announced he was/is gay.

Not ONE of those candidates had the courage to say something like, "Please, people!   This guy's fighting for our COUNTRY!"

At the time, I gave the candidates a little slack because I thought the booing might have caught them off guard.   And I thought they would certainly say something in defense of that soldier at the next Republican debate.

Didn't happen.

Except for Mitt Romney, all those other candidates are.....Well, the one thing we know for certain is that they aren't candidates anymore and probably never deserved to be.   And I'm not convinced that Romney deserves to be a candidate either.

Just the other day Romney let a religious leader of some kind push him around about an openly gay Romney spokesman, Richard Grenell.   A guy who also had worked for the George W. Bush administration.

Oh, they're saying all the right things.   The guy resigned, they were sorry to see him go, etc., etc.   But what has Romney publicly said?   The same thing he said when that gay combat soldier was asking a question and getting booed.   Nothing! 

Yep, Mitt Romney.   One courageous dude.   Courageous when it comes to tying his dog to his car or firing thousands of people.   Other than that?   Maybe it will be an act of courage when he releases his tax returns???

Just askin'.

It Ain't Bragging if you DID it:

All this complaining about Obama reminding us that he's the guy who gave the order for a successful assassination of Osama bin Laden?   Hey, no one on the other side of the aisle wanted to give him any credit, he certainly can't brag about how he's straightened out our economy, but he HAS been the kind of wartime president that hawks who have never served would normally rally behind.  Unless....Well, we know what the "unless" is, don't we?

Just sayin' and just askin'.

Illegal Immigrants and the ID requirement that (more often than not) doesn't APPLY TO THEM!

I want to thank my good friend Don Barrett, LARadio.com owner and publisher for sending something that was said by Arizona Governor, Jan Brewer and or a member of her administration.

Governor Brewer supported a law that would require ID's to be shown to police officers (when asked) and a whole bunch of hell got raised about how unfair that was/is for those poor breakers of the law who are here illegally.

Here's a statement that includes an "example list" as presented by the governor or someone representing her:   "I'm a legal American citizen and I must show my ID when (1) Pulled over the police.  (2)  Making purchases on my department store credit  card.  (3)  When I show up for a doctor's appointment.  (4)  When filling out a credit or loan application.  (5)  When applying for or renewing a driver's license or passport.  (6)  When applying for any kind of insurance.  (7)  When filling out college applications.  (8)  When donating blood.  (9)  When obtaining certain prescription drugs.  (10)  When making some debit purchases, especially if I'm out of state.  (11)  When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel.   I'm sure there are more instances, but the point is that we citizens of the USA are required to prove who we are nearly every day!   Why should people in the country ILLEGALLY, be EXEMPT?!?"

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have an answer for that question other than to say this so-called "exception" is OUTRAGEOUS!

Entertainment Stuff:

"The Avengers" opens up in your favorite places for watching new films tomorrow, May 4.   And the reviews that I've seen are very good.

And how about that "Hunger Games" film?   It has now sold more than 600 million dollars worth of tickets world wide.

Did you hear about this new 8-episode HBO series titled, "True Detective" that will star Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mc Conaughey?   No date has been given for the first episode, but it figures to be sometime in the next few months.

A lot of TV shows are wrapping up their seasons now.   This past Sunday's "The Good Wife" was (to me) off the charts outstanding.   It ended with a lot of questions to be answered when the new season begins in September.   Will Alicia's mother-in-law still be alive?   Will Alicia move into the old house with her husband and kids?   Will the law firm have to declare bankruptcy?   Will the guy with the deep voice on the phone try to cause harm to Alicia?   And will Kalinda end up in a gun fight with the person who is trying to open her door and where on earth did Kalinda get all that MONEY?!?

Just askin'.

Only 3 episodes of "House" left.   Then the series will be over.   Great episode this past Monday and fans of the show are wondering if House's best friend is going to die because of his cancer, commit suicide or will he somehow survive?

Only 2 episodes of "Smash" left.   Uma Thurman's interpretation of Marilyn Monroe's singing of "Happy Birthday" was fun as was a number of other things that are going on in this very good show.   And yes, it'll be back next season.

Only 3 more episodes of "Revenge".   I love this show, but because of the plot line, I really wonder how effective a second season would be.   The episode this week was terrific.

Last night (Wednesday, May 2), "American Idol" presented their five remaining contestants.   One of them will be eliminated tonight.   Last night's show was hands down the best "American Idol" show of the season.   All five contestants were big time "on their game", cute Hollie Cavanagh has been on the verge of being eliminated after every episode but she has survived and her two performances last night has a lot of us thinking she might win this thing if she continues to perform this well.   Because someone WILL be eliminated tonight, I'm going to guess it will be the good looking guy who all the girls seem to like.  INCLUDING...Jennifer Lopez!   Cougar be thy name, pretty lady.

Only a few more episodes of "Glee" and this week's multiple story-line episode was very, very good.   I'm just going to mention one of the story-lines.   Oscar winner Whoopi Goldberg played the role of a Broadway producer judge.   The characters Kurt and Rachel were the contenders.   The Kurt character hit a "home run" with his performance.   The Rachel character flubbed her lines twice, begged for a third chance, wasn't given it and she was told by the Goldberg character that if Rachel messed up twice on Broadway, she would be immediately be replaced by the "Under-Study".

Any actor who watched that episode figures to have been nodding her or her head.   I certainly was.   And I remembered a time when I FROZE!!!

Longest drive home ever!

THOUGHTS and or COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to respond to you.   I respond to every email ASAP except for "Anonymous" emails.   Those are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, next Thursday night, May 10 (late) or (early) Friday morning, May 11.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a very pleasant weekend and don't forget:   AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home