Thursday, June 14, 2012

Worst presidential approval ratings: Carter? Nope! Obama? Nope! Polls say (see below)!! Gallup Poll says 68% of Americans blame...?!? John Edwards allowed to "skate"!!! Romney supposedly knows he'll lose his three "home states"!!! An "I respectfully disagree" email from ME to the "American Spectator" people!!!

Hi everybody and let's begin with a shout-out to all the fathers we know.   Father's Day is this Sunday and I hope you have something special planned for "Dear ol' Dad".   Being a dad is hard work and I can't help but be reminded of a line that was once famously yelled by baseball Hall of Famer, Tommy Lasorda who said, "THIS job ain't that bleepin' EASY!!!"   Tommy wasn't talking about being a dad when he said that, but he sure as heck could have been.

Okay.....

Did you get any mail today?   Of course not.   It's "Flag Day" and I can't help but wonder if we really need all these (as my mother likes to say) "fake holidays".   A real and deserving holiday will be this Sunday so with that in mind, I'll try to keep this blog on the "short side".

And here come the headlines...

Headline #1:   Worst presidential approval ratings!   Jimmy Carter?   Nope!   Barack Obama?   Nope!

All the polls agree that George W. Bush is the only living president with an approval rating in the 40's.   44%, which is something that doesn't surprise me at all.

Headline #2:   Gallup Poll says 68% of Americans blame...?

George W. Bush for most of our economic problems.   Yes, a sizable number of Americans blame Obama for some of what we're enduring, but George W. Bush is the guy most Americans think caused this mess and that's something that also doesn't surprise me.   You see, I have more faith in the intelligence of most Americans than the phony charlatans who love to play the "Us against Them" FEAR GAME!!!   Am I willing to name names?   As Sarah Palin would say, "You betcha!"   There are more than two, but here's a BIG TWO;   Rush and Drudge.   Two guys who have learned they can make a lot of money by keeping you scared.

But let me add something here.   I'm not convinced that President Obama deserves a second term, but I AM convinced that Mitt Romney doesn't deserve a FIRST term.

President Obama has mentioned many times that the problems we have are problems that aren't his (Obama's) fault.

Mr. President, most of us who know how to think, agree with you.   But those of us who know how to think are now thinking about something else;   Mr. President, it's time to QUIT WHINING!!!    What we want to hear from you are things that will give us HOPE!    We need you to convince us that you have a plan or plans that will get us out of this mess.   A plan or plans that are easy to understand and a plan or plans that will convince us that you DESERVE a second term!   Mr. President, if you are capable of doing this, GET TO WORK instead of constantly going to fancy homes and collecting money like a homeless beggar on the street!

If you AREN'T capable of doing this, you do not deserve a second chance and may God have mercy on all of us if Mitt Romney and his merry band of unelected money people take over the White House.   A group of money people who will take the position, "You didn't think we gave you all this money because we LIKE you!!!   DID you?!?

Just sayin'...

Headline #3:   John Edwards allowed to skate!

When you see what John Edwards got away with, you can't help but think if you've got enough money...???

Not always, but...

Just reflectin'....

Headline #4:   Romney supposedly knows he'll lose his three home states!

And those three home states are....California, Massachusetts and Michigan.

Why would he think negative thoughts about his chances in three states he has homes in?   Because with the exception of the health care plan he got passed in Massachusetts, a plan that's very similar to Obama's plan that Romney says he would get rid of, Mitt Romney was a 1-term governor for a very good reason. Michigan wants no part of him because he was against giving money to help automobile companies survive.   And California is pretty much regarded as a Democrat state and there's nothing about Romney that would figure to change enough minds.

Buuuut....If he really is "throwing in the towel" without a fight, what does that say about Romney as a possible leader of the free world?    Not to mention what it says about him as the possible leader of America.

Just sayin'...

Headline #5:   An "I respectfully disagree email from ME to the "American Spectator" people!

I'm not sure who the "American Spectator" people are, but I tried to send them an email today after I received an email from them about them taking issue with Jeb Bush and his views about the current Republican leadership.   It is Jeb Bush's view that Ronald Reagan and Jeb's dad wouldn't be "accepted" by the current "out there" Republican ways of doing things these days.   Specifically, Reagan and Bush Senior's ability to listen and their willingness to compromise if it made sense for most of us as opposed to just some of us.

In essence, the "American Spectator" people are saying that Jeb Bush is wrong and that Reagan did this, Poppy Bush did that, etc., etc. and these things collectively make the point that Reagan would certainly be welcome with this current crowd and Poppy Bush was just wrong.

I sent a response email to the "American Spectator" people that was returned to me, unanswered.

Fair enough.   What I'm about to write here is word for word what I tried to send to the "American Spectator" people.

Hi American Spectator people,

Because of a 1980 7-hour tribute on Gene Autry that I wrote, narrated and produced that the few months shy of becoming our new President of the U.S., Ronald Reagan participated in, I had the opportunity to get to know him a little.  

I respectfully agree more with Jeb Bush than I do with you folks.

Grover Norquist and his too scared to think for themselves disciples?!?   If this were a movie, I'd be laughing.   But because it's for real, I say to one and all, "Who the hell elected Norquist to ANYTHING?!?   And where does his power base come from?

The answer to the first question is, "No one."   And the answer to the second question is, to me, scary.

Ronald Reagan gave us eight good years that were real.   What I'm hearing too much of (from people like you) is "Revisionist History" that seems to revolve around "Us versus Them!".   As Ronald Reagan once said, "I didn't leave the Democrat Party, they left me!"  

And THIS (me) lifetime Republican says, "I didn't leave the Republican Party, they (you?) left ME!!!"

Romney is the BEST you can do?   I'm all for change, but our country needs someone better than Mitt Romney.   MUCH better!!!

Most sincerely,
Scott St. James

Who knows?   Maybe I'll get a response from them tomorrow.


ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

The first thing I'd like to tell you about is a screening I went to last night.   The film I saw was a "Sundance" winner and this is a film that figures to not be in many theaters.   "Beasts of the Southern Wild" is a film that has no "names" in it but there are two names that you won't be able to forget if you get a chance to see this film.   Quvenzhane Wallis and Dwight Henry.   Ms. Wallis (we're told) was 6-years old when she starred in this film.   Mr. Henry plays her dad.   While watching Ms. Wallis, I couldn't help but think of a young Jodie Foster.   The relationship between Ms. Wallis and Mr. Henry is riveting.   I think that Ms. Wallis is going to be remembered as a "child prodigy" if she does more films.   When I left the theater last night, I was exhausted.

A film I plan to see tomorrow (Friday) is "Rock of Ages", a film that features Tom Cruise in a role you wouldn't figure him to play but the critics are saying that he is terrific as a "rock star".

A film that was originally scheduled for the "big screen" has now been picked up by HBO.   And when I tell you who's going to be in it, you will know that HBO will be paying big bucks for this.   The film is titled, "Behind the Candelabra" and it's a Liberace Biopic.   Oscar winner Michael Douglas will play Liberace, Matt Damon will play Scott Thorson (Liberace's lover), Debbie Reynolds will play Liberace's mother and other prominent roles will be played by Rob Lowe, Scott Bakula and Dan Aykroyd.   Steven Soderbergh will direct the film.

After I got home from last night's screening, I watched a new show that got a lot of publicity before the first two episodes aired last night.

It used to be on CBS, but after a very long vacation, "Dallas" has returned and it is now being shown on TNT.   I had the pleasure of being asked to do a couple of small roles on "Dallas" back when it was the biggest show on television so I was curious to see if a "Dallas" revival would end up being a good idea or a mistake.

The original Bobby, Sue Ellen and J.R. are part of the new "Dallas", but everyone else is new and younger.   The oldest actor is Larry Hagman ("J.R.") and while I thought the first hour was interesting, it was the second hour that really grabbed me.   In the second hour, "J.R." got going and all of a sudden I was chuckling and saying to myself, Yes, "Dallas" CAN come home again!!!   And yes, this is STILL Larry Hagman's (J.R.'s) show!!!

I flat out LOVED it and I now know what I'm going to be doing on Wednesday nights.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know what your email address is which means I won't be able to respond to you.   I respond to all emails except "Anonymous" emails.   Those are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, late next Thursday night, June 21 or very early Friday morning, June 22.

Don't forget the dad in your life on Sunday.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, YOU OL' RASCAL DADS, YOU!!!

And (also) don't forget...AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home