Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Some LOVE For Sarah Palin, Along With A Couple Of Questions annnd Another Contribution From Patrick Emory!!!

It is late Wednesday night, December 1st and I'm jacked up about what I hope will be a good blog. I never know for sure (exactly) what I'm going to write. It just "happens", if you know what I mean. Because of the positive potential I'm feeling, my number one hope is that I don't somehow screw things up in translation.

Here goes...

Love her or hate her, Sarah Palin is impossible to ignore. I know I can't ignore her. If I see there's a story about her, I read it. If someone sends me a video of hers, I look at it. You regular readers know that I've written some things about Sarah Palin that you didn't like if you're a fan of hers. Same deal in reverse if you're not a fan of hers.

I've heard the same criticisms of her that you have. A few of those criticisms are criticisms that I have not written and I have also not suggested that I agree or disagree with them.

One of them is a criticism I'm going to address right now; That she appeals to stupid people. Older stupid men and women of all ages. Women who, if not stupid, are easily manipulated by simple phrases that include words like God, abortion and normal. As in, "normal people like you and me" as in, people like Sarah Palin and women who are easily manipulated.

I have had email and personal conversations with five women about Sarah Palin that I would like to share with you. No, not the conversations. My observations about these five women. Women who are fans of Sarah Palin. Big time fans. Again....Five women. A Doctor in Missouri. A 20-something years old tax expert in one of those Virginia states. One of my Los Angeles Agents who tries to get me acting jobs. A long time and highly respected Nurse in Arizona who also happens to be my sister. And last but not least, my mother, who is also in Arizona.

All five of these highly accomplished women would like to see Sarah Palin in the White House, but even if she doesn't get there or maybe decides she doesn't want to go there, these five women think Sarah Palin makes a lot of sense to them.

Because I have communicated with all five, I know they're not nuts or easily manipulated. In fact, an argument could be made that all five could be manipulators of their own if they decided to go that way.

As most of you know, Sarah Palin has a new book, "America by Heart". It was reviewed in today's Los Angeles Times by another person I've communicated with, Tim Rutten. In essence, Rutten refers to Palin's book as a political manifesto, he expresses his admiration for her being able to present herself in a positive way despite moves that she's made that would have derailed just about anybody else and he described a political term for her that I had never heard before. Rutten wrote that professional political consultants like to talk about a candidate's "RLC Quotient". R.L.C. Do you know what that stands for? I didn't either. "RAT LIKE CUNNING". And Rutten's book review concludes with, "Off the evidence in 'America by Heart', Palin's RLC Quotient is off the charts."

Okay. So where am I going with this? I've listed five very accomplished women I know who are big fans of Sarah Palin and I make the point that I don't think they're stupid or easily manipulated. And I also make reference to Tim Rutten's review of Palin's new book which would seem to be me planting a negative slant on Palin.

No, folks. That's called giving both sides of an argument, view, whatever. When I had a very successful talk show, something that was called The Fairness Doctrine" was in place. I had no trouble with that at all. I welcomed a view that was different from mine because I wasn't worried about being outmatched on my own radio show. You might change my mind, but more times than not, my mind wasn't changed. The Fairness Doctrine no longer exists, but if you listen to talk radio, you have heard hosts talk about The Fairness Doctrine and how afraid they are that there might be a return of The Fairness Doctrine and they have urged you, the listeners to call or write to your Congress Person and tell them you don't want them to vote for any "Fairness Doctrine".

What do you think those talk show hosts are afraid of, folks?

Back to Sarah Palin.

The five women I mentioned who are big fans of Sarah Palin are also regular readers of this blog. They have read some things I've written about Ms. Palin that they simply don't agree with. And I respect those views and those women.

No one knows for certain (unless it's Palin and she might not know for certain, yet) if Sarah Palin will indeed be a candidate for the Republican nomination to be President of the United States in 2012.

For the five women I've mentioned and all other women and men who are fans of Sarah Palin, I ask you to simply consider what I'm about to write in the way of questions for her, observations I have and one or two things you might not be aware of but that I am aware of.

Did you know that when she was John McCain's running mate that she wanted to play the "race card" regarding President Obama's former pastor and that McCain wouldn't let her because he felt his campaign would be hit with a "racism" charge?

Ms. Palin didn't like that decision at all. And she was angry at McCain. Since then, the two of them seem to be "okay" again and besides, Palin ended up getting madder at some of McCain's people that she had to "answer to", people she seemed to feel who were "lesser" than her. And maybe they were!

There is renewed talk that if the decides to run against Obama in 2012 that she plans to bring up the Reverend Wright stuff and include some things that Wright said that are on tape.

My advice to Sarah Palin would be to try to learn to understand fully why McCain knew that would be a losing strategy for him and would still be a losing strategy for her. Obama is (compared to Reverend Wright) a young man. There is no evidence whatsoever that he agrees with some of things that Reverend Wright railed about. Or any evidence in his wife's direction, either. Reverend Wright is not a young man. Things that he mentioned in sermons figure to be things that he experienced as a child and as a young adult regarding racism. And with that racism came things involving people of color having to (in essence) bow down to us white folks and to not even be able to drink from the same fountains, eat at the same restaurants, stay at the same hotels, etc., etc. and constantly being reminded they were second class citizens and "Doncha dare get uppity, boy!!!"

Here's another reason for Sarah Palin to not be dragging out some old tapes of Reverend Wright saying a lot of things that many of us don't agree with as it pertains to the year 2010. There's a video of Sarah Palin out there, too. Sarah Palin likes to talk about God a lot. That's one of things that a lot of people like about her. In fact, if you're a religious person, it's not at all uncommon for you talk to your reverend, rabbi or priest about problems you might be having. If you're a Catholic, you can unload a lot of "stuff" in the confessional and hopefully what you'll get back from the priest is something that will make you feel better about yourself.

In this video I'm referring to, it appears that Sarah Palin has some issues she wants to get squared away. Because she mentions God a lot, one would assume that any issues requiring counseling and or assistance for whatever's troubling her, would be with a religious figure of some kind.

What we see on this video is her moving around on what appears to be a stage of some kind and seeming to be chanting at times while being guided by a guy who looks like a Witch Doctor. If her presidential campaign turned out to be a dirt smearing campaign, that video would definitely be shown and a question would be asked by every journalist who doesn't work for Fox News. "Governor Palin, you talk about God a lot. Could you please explain what part of the God conversation this Witch Doctor looking guy you were seeking spiritual help from fits in?"

Do you want a campaign like that? I don't.

But here's another question that a lot of people will want to get a straight answer about. "Governor Palin, you completed about half your term as Governor of Alaska and quit. You were the elected leader of a state. Why did you do that and after you answer that question, please tell us why we shouldn't worry that you might walk out of the White House after two years if you are elected to THAT job?"

QUESTIONS and or COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you as quickly as possible.

In last week's blog, I told you a few things about former CNN News Anchor, Patrick Emory and then I included what he sent me as his "no trial necessary" solution for explosives packing terrorists who try to board our planes.

Earlier today, Patrick Emory sent me something else and I would like to share that with you.

This is something called, "The Fix".

A Florida newspaper's business section asked readers for ideas on, "How would you fix the economy?" And one reader seemed to have come up with a "Fix" that upon reflection, is a fix worth investigating.

Here's what that reader wrote:

Dear Mr. President,

Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use what you can call, "The Patriotic Retirement Plan".

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay all of them $1,000,000 severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

(1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings. Unemployment fixed!!!

(2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN car. Forty million cars purchased. Auto industry fixed.

(3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage. Housing crisis fixed.

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of Congress pay their taxes. And Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

Thank you again, Patrick Emory.

We gotta do something about the condition our condition is in, don't we? And soon!!!

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

I don't know how entertaining this is, but in the new issue of Star Magazine that figures to be in your favorite supermarket tomorrow, you'll read about a tape of a conversation that Star says they have of Britney Spears talking to an ex-husband of hers about her most recent boyfriend (who's also her agent) beating her up and that Britney's dad has a shotgun and he's apparently said something about really wanting to use it.

I can't help it, folks. My first (cynical) thought when I hear something like this is to wonder if she has a new album that's about to be released.

Leslie Nielsen, R.I.P. In case you hadn't heard, this very fine actor died a couple of days ago. He had a very good career. Right after he started making those "Naked Gun" films, I had him on my radio show by phone. He kept driving me crazy by constantly calling me "Stan". I didn't know if it was because he was deaf (he wore hearing aids most of his life) or it was just him being "wacky", something he was constantly being. It was a fun interview and if he has gone to a "better place", but is still aware of what's happening down here, I'd like him to do me a favor. Mr. Nielson, please tell the Big Guy that Stan says, "Hello!"

I saw a film on Showtime recently that really got to me. "The Killer Inside Me". It got some pretty good reviews when it was released, but I don't think it did well at the box office. It stars Casey Affleck, Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson, Ned Beatty, Simon Baker and Bill Pullman. Casey Affleck, (yes, he's Ben's younger brother) plays a deputy sheriff who comes across as an All American Mr. Clean kind of guy. I mean, you can mentally see the milk on his lips. The kind of guy that any father would love to have for a son in law.

But behind closed doors, this young clean cut deputy sheriff is the meanest and most sadistic son of a bitch you've ever seen. Especially toward women. This film is very well acted by everyone, I couldn't take my eyes off this film and when it was over, I did a huge exhale.

Quick television stuff: Only two more episodes of "Dexter" on Showtime. This has been a great season for this show and it only figures to get better in the two final wrap-up episodes.

Only one more episode of "Boardwalk Empire" on HBO. Season finale will be this Sunday. I think this show has been good, but it's certainly not "Sopranos" good.

A lot of personal drama on Tuesday night's "Glee" on Fox. That show is so good, they can pretty much do whatever they feel like doing and it will be enjoyable.

Do you like the Host choices for the next Oscar telecast? In case you hadn't heard, the hosts will be Anne Hathaway and James Franco. I'm a big fan of both of these fine young actors. I plan to see Hathaway's new film before the week has ended. I haven't seen Franco's new film that's based on a true story about a guy who had to cut a body part off in order to survive. Performances in Franco's and Hathaway's new films are considered to possibly be Oscar best actor nominations. For both of them.

QUESTIONS AND OR COMMENTS? Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond ASAP. Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I wouldn't be able to respond to you. All Anonymous emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG? Barring unforeseen circumstances, late Wednesday night, December 8 or early Thursday morning, December 9.

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home