Thursday, July 12, 2012

What Is Romney Hiding?!? Penn State Findings Put Paterno In Bad Light!!! From The Beginning Of His Term, GOP Leaders Have Seen To It That Obama Has Gotten Cooperation From No One!!! The Tom Cruise People Are Threatening To Sue The National Enquirer!!! R.I.P., Ernest Borgnine!!!

Hi everybody!   Mitt Romney showed us something on Wednesday, July 11, didn't he?   He gave a speech at the NAACP Convention and proved that he's an equal opportunity deliverer of "specifics".   Except for saying he plans to get "Obamacare" repealed, he was specific about nothing.  

I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait for the three debates Romney will have with Obama.   If there is a good host at these debates, I'm inclined to think that both of these guys will have to be specific about something!   WON'T they?!?

Meanwhile, all either of these guys seem to be doing is begging for money.   And as of now, Romney appears to be the better beggar.   Heck, as much as Romney worships money, what we're seeing shouldn't be surprising at all.

Let's go to the headlines!

Headline #1:   What is Romney hiding???

Romney says he's hiding nothing, so I guess for openers we're now aware of something he seems to have forgotten, perhaps?   S.E.C. filings show he was CEO of Bain 3 years longer than he has claimed.  

I know.   We ALL forget stuff.   But forgetting what you were doing for THREE YEARS?!?   And I don't know about you, but when he says there's "nothing hidden" in his tax returns, I guess we should just understand that Romney is forgetful at times, huh?    No presidential candidate in our history has ever had Swiss bank accounts or has ever invested his money in other foreign countries.   No presidential candidate except Mitt Romney.

What I'm about to write, I've written before, but I'm writing it again to make a point.

I'm a lifetime Republican who voted for Obama.   It was the first time I've ever voted for a Democrat.   I voted for him because of the disaster George W. Bush was and the loose-cannon aspect of what Sarah Palin represented.

I know Obama was handed a "bad deck" when he won the election, but I have been disappointed in things he could have done that he didn't seem to even try to do.   Putting health care before jobs was to me, a terrible miscalculation.

There were two Republicans that I might have voted for this coming November, but Mitt Romney wasn't/isn't one of them.   I watched every second of the Republican debates and I heard Romney say (several times) about how much he had enjoyed firing American workers and his constant references to how much money he's made.   What's particularly interesting to me is the fact that he stays away from the fact that he's a Mormon, but he does let us know what he really worships;   MONEY!!!

And he does this (loud and clear) while most of America is HURTING for money.   Oh, yeah.   Mitt Romney cares about You?   Me?   Sure!   If we have money to give him.       

Hey, Mitt Romney might end up winning the upcoming election.   And if that happens, may God (please) have mercy on all of us.

Headline #2:   Penn State findings put Joe Paterno in a bad light!

What we're learning is that one of best college football coaches in our history turns out to have been a guy who didn't have the courage to put a stop to multiple assaults of young men by another highly regarded Penn State coach.   There is no way to sugar-coat this.   The guy who was known as "Joe Pa" turns out to have been gutless when "doing the right thing" was called for.

Headline #3:   From the beginning of his term, GOP leaders have seen to it that Obama has gotten cooperation from no one!

Led by Kentucky Cracker Mitch, the mission was stated loud and clear almost immediately.    Obama could be no more than a 1-term president and it was up to Kentucky Cracker Mitch and his boys to see to it that this mission was/is successful.

And maybe it WILL be!

Headline #4:   The Tom Cruise people are threatening to SUE "The National Enquirer"!!!

Basically, this has to do with allegations made by "The Enquirer" that's in your supermarket right now.   Allegations about "torturous" living conditions for Cruise's daughter, etc.

"The Enquirer" has been right about a lot of other big stories (O.J., Edwards, etc., etc.,  but I think they might want to re-think this story of theirs and give the "apology" that is being sought.    Buuuut....If "The Enquirer" decides to be hard-headed, I'm sure we'll all be "reading".

Headline #5:   R.I.P., Ernest Borgnine!

And this headline takes us to,

ENTERTAINMENT STUFF:

Wow!   What a life this guy had.   95 years young when he died a few days ago.

I met Ernie in 1981.   In addition to my Monday-Friday shows on KMPC here in Los Angeles, I also did a Saturday morning show.   I had seen the film "Escape from New York" the previous evening and I was talking about (among other things) Ernie's fine performance as a cabbie in this film.   This prompted a woman who knew Ernie to call KMPC and we had a nice on-air conversation about Ernie and that particular film.   She asked if I knew Mr. Borgnine, I told her I didn't, she asked if I would like to meet him and I said, "You betcha!".

That led to me meeting one of the hands down nicest people on the planet and I also ended up having a business relationship with his beautiful wife, Tova who was selling "high-end" cosmetics that I ended up using religiously when I switched to television for ten years.

Ernie Borgnine had a great film and television career and never once did I see or hear about him "putting on airs".    Just as "down to earth" as you can possibly be.   If there really is an afterlife, Ernie Borgnine went right through the gates and has livened things up a little bit.

R.I.P., my friend.   You were the "real deal".

Television shows and new films:

A lot of speculation about possible new judges for "American Idol".   Today, Steven Tyler announced that he's leaving "Idol" to concentrate more on performing with "Aerosmith".   J-Lo?   No one knows what she's going to do.  The "American Idol" producers want her to return, but as of now, she's thinking about it.   Have you heard the rumor about Charlie Sheen possibly being a new judge for "Idol"?    Do you think that would be a good idea?

I thought this past Sunday's episodes of HBO's "True Blood" and "The News Room" were first rate.   And how about Jane Fonda's performance as the owner of "The News Room".   I thought the back and forth between Fonda and Sam Waterston was an "acting clinic".   Jane Fonda is 74.   And I think everyone would like to look that good at that age.   Shoot, I'd like to look that good NOW!

Another great episode of "Dallas".    This show gets better and better every week.

By the way, I know there are a lot of other television shows that are good that I don't write about.   I wish I had the time to see ALL the shows, but sadly, I don't.

Have you seen Oliver Stone's new film, "Savages"?   I saw it a couple of days ago.   Overall, I thought the film was entertaining.   As far as the acting goes, I thought that Benicio Del Toro was the highlight of this film, but other performances by Salma Hayek and John Travolta were also good.  

Blake Lively?   First of all, she showed up on the night they started filming.   I think she was hired that afternoon.    Jennifer Lawrence had been hired to do what became Lively's role, but Lawrence had to leave "Savages" because of another film she (Lawrence) was signed up to star in.   I think it was the new "Hunger" film.

The "last minute" aspect of this might have affected Lively's performance because I thought she was just so-so in this film.   Like they say in the biz;   "The show must go on!"

Have you seen the film, "Ted".   Nothing but nothing affected THIS film.   This film was poppin' from jump street and I enjoyed it big time.   Lot's of laughs along with some crucial emotional moments.

This crazy movie was about a toy teddy bear who talks like a regular (but profane) human being.

Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Seth Mac Farlane along with some terrific supporting players keep things at a very fast pace, a pace that includes a lot of humor (laughing) and in a few cases, the wiping of tears.   I LOVED "Ted"!!!

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS?   Please write to me at scottstjames@sbcglobal.net and I will respond to you ASAP.   Don't write to the blog because there's no way for me to know your email address which means I wouldn't be able to respond to you.   As long time readers know, I respond to everyone unless you identify yourself as "Anonymous".   Those emails are ignored.

THE NEXT BLOG?   Barring unforseen circumstances, late Thursday night, July 19 or very early Friday morning, July 20.

Meanwhile, I hope that all of you have a good Friday and a very pleasant weekend.

Don't forget...AMERICA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

   



      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home